OPENING DAY

Good win after a somewhat rocky start. The good:

Pitching was great on back end. Rosario was solid. After some really ****** at bats early we got it together at the plate. Manufacturing runs and putting the ball in play

The cons: everything on display that we have regurgitated on here for 10 years now. Plenty of ball to get it cleaned up

Advertisement
The team looks terrible.

It’s early, but if we can’t do better than this, Gino needs to step down. I’m not jumping to conclusions in one game, but this stinks after a terrible 21. Clock is ticking. We aren’t doing anything well. Against Towson
Yea one game but team still looks like last years team, ugh

I don't get how Carrier isnt the DH and Rosario isnt playing in RF. Feels like an easy switch and keeps the lineup the same
You can't take a DH and put him in the field. If you do that, the only person that may fill that slot in the order is the pitcher or pinch hitter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My son says new scoreboard blows. Here is a kid with 20/15 and says it is hard to read. Thoughts for those there?
He’s right. Unless they play a full screen video, which they did once, it’s a downgrade on the old one.

That was something. Generally pleased with the offense. That was about what it looked like during the first half of the alumni game too. Good debut by Romero and Pitelli was 😍. The fielding settled down as the game went on, but I’d pump the breaks on playing Carrier in the field other than blowouts for now. Not sure what to make of Rosario. He didn’t have a lot of help, but the last couple innings he was too hittable. Walters was great and that’s one of the biggest questions early in the season. If he can effectively replace Palm that shores up a lot on the staff.

MLB draft?
Yes he’s a top 100 draft prospect. He’s raw but he has all the tools you want. Great athlete. Plus outfielder. Plus arm. Low to mid 90s off the mound and low 90s from the outfield. Real power from the left side. ELITE hand speed at the plate. He literally has top 10 hand speed in the 22 draft class.

I’m assuming money isn’t an issue for him bc of his dad. So if he doesn’t ask for millions, he’s gone. And IMO would be much better off developing in the minors, than in college.

Advertisement
Yes he’s a top 100 draft prospect. He’s raw but he has all the tools you want. Great athlete. Plus outfielder. Plus arm. Low to mid 90s off the mound and low 90s from the outfield. Real power from the left side. ELITE hand speed at the plate. He literally has top 10 hand speed in the 22 draft class.

I’m assuming money isn’t an issue for him bc of his dad. So if he doesn’t ask for millions, he’s gone. And IMO would be much better off developing in the minors, than in college.
Sucks was hoping with his dad having some change in the bank he’d want to get some time in college before the minor league grind

Sucks was hoping with his dad having some change in the bank he’d want to get some time in college before the minor league grind
Would be nice to get him here. We haven’t had an athlete like him in a long while. And as you could tell from tonight’s game, we could use a good outfielder.

Advertisement
That was something. Generally pleased with the offense. That was about what it looked like during the first half of the alumni game too. Good debut by Romero and Pitelli was 😍. The fielding settled down as the game went on, but I’d pump the breaks on playing Carrier in the field other than blowouts for now. Not sure what to make of Rosario. He didn’t have a lot of help, but the last couple innings he was too hittable. Walters was great and that’s one of the biggest questions early in the season. If he can effectively replace Palm that shores up a lot on the staff.
Mostly agree w this and Allabouttheu's assessment, but I am not sure where the offense is going to come from and was surprised we didn't see Gates. I know we had better ABs late, but Towson's pen was terrible. Romero and Burke will be key because it appears Yoyo will be pitched around all year and appears to get frustrated easily.

Bullpen looks solid and the two freshmen have impressive stuff. Why Rosario hasn't developed some better secondary pitches by now is a big concern. Palm will eventually be the Friday guy IMO.

Mostly agree w this and Allabouttheu's assessment, but I am not sure where the offense is going to come from and was surprised we didn't see Gates. I know we had better ABs late, but Towson's pen was terrible. Romero and Burke will be key because it appears Yoyo will be pitched around all year and appears to get frustrated easily.

Bullpen looks solid and the two freshmen have impressive stuff. Why Rosario hasn't developed some better secondary pitches by now is a big concern. Palm will eventually be the Friday guy IMO.
1 game sample size but yo-yo’s approach last night was worrisome because we saw exactly that last year. I agree on palm being Friday guy. Rosario’s stuff is electric 1-3 but it tails off afterwards. Think that has to do with what you touched on with lack of secondary pitches.

Walters stuff is legit, curious If he got a look as a starter

Advertisement
Back