Opening Day Starting Lineup

So much nonsense in this post.

As if being the hitting coach for 7 CWS teams and a national championship team didn't prove his worth. And you have no idea about whether he has any involvement in the pitching decisions other than to be the guy who walks to the mound to take the ball out of a pitcher's hands.
Those days are so far removed kids on this team weren’t even born yet. But on your point about Omaha, I don’t think I need to take a deep dive into performances their in recent memory, do I? Omaha is now built for teams that are sound enough at the plate to manufacture runs without the deep ball. Something we haven’t done since the bats have changed.

Advertisement
Those days are so far removed kids on this team weren’t even born yet. But on your point about Omaha, I don’t think I need to take a deep dive into performances their in recent memory, do I? Omaha is now built for teams that are sound enough at the plate to manufacture runs without the deep ball. Something we haven’t done since the bats have changed.
2015-16 were five and six years ago respectively. I would feel really bad about our chances this year if none of our players had been born before that.

2015-16 were five and six years ago respectively. I would feel really bad about our chances this year if none of our players had been born before that.
Do you want me to to go through our performances in 15&16? I was certain I didn’t need to go down those bleak performances in Omaha. I was talking about 01 & 08. 08 was biggest let down this program has had, but that team raked in regular season

No, because you don't know what you're talking about and I do. So there's nothing insightful that you could tell me.

You were just wrong. Admit it and move on.
You seem like an assclown..... Kids were not born in 01. Last time we were a legit contender in Omaha was 08, was let down of century for this program

LMAO AT 15&16

2015 performance: 1 & 2 BBQ! Losing to our arch rival by a combined score of 25-5. Bats were non existent

2016 performance: 0-2 BBQ! Bats were non existent

Advertisement
Our plate approach the past couple trips to Omaha was horrendous.

2008 was even worse with Morris and his arrogant insistence on bunting with aluminum bats.

In college ball a multi-inning reliever can throw just as many innings as a starter who only goes once a week.

He will have a chance to provide solid innings this year, but the bottom line is the coaches have felt uneasy about the arms for several weeks.
that's probably the worst thing we would ever want to hear.

if you don't have great pitching, you're not a great baseball team.

there's no place to hide. you can't strategize and coach around a staff that can't consistently throw strikes and get guys out.

thinking to what we lost last summer, if even just one of the guys from the rotation last year doesn't bail, this team has a whole different look.

we'll win a lot of games, and if we get hot at the right time, can go deep into the post-season. but i'm not seeing omaha unless "uneasy" turns to "unconcerned."

I wonder if they are equally uneasy about the 'pen. Wanger, Palmquist and Gates is **** good on paper.

Advertisement
Kids were not born in 01. Last time we were a legit contender in Omaha was 08, was let down of century for this program
So everybody on the roster was, indeed, born the last time we were contenders. You keep having to back track. Seems like a "you" problem.

that's probably the worst thing we would ever want to hear.

if you don't have great pitching, you're not a great baseball team.

there's no place to hide. you can't strategize and coach around a staff that can't consistently throw strikes and get guys out.

thinking to what we lost last summer, if even just one of the guys from the rotation last year doesn't bail, this team has a whole different look.

we'll win a lot of games, and if we get hot at the right time, can go deep into the post-season. but i'm not seeing omaha unless "uneasy" turns to "unconcerned."
No lies told, but you just need a couple of arms to develop quickly to go from uneasy to settled.

My expectation is by end of March we have more defined roles and you’ve seen some guys settle in.

Strikes and controlled spin are the two things that get you on the mound the fastest in college. Velocity but little command usually takes a little while longer to settle in.

Rosario shoved the other night and now you see him be the Saturday guy. Mederos had a nice outing, though not as efficient as they’d like his last time out and he got the Sunday role.

You’ll see a lot of competition even in-season. While the exact quote was uneasy, they also were confident this is a very talented team from a tools standpoint. Get those tools sharpened by tournament time and no one is going to want to see this team.

So everybody on the roster was, indeed, born the last time we were contenders. You keep having to back track. Seems like a "you" problem.
No, we were supposed to be contenders and fell flat on our face in Omaha in 2008. 2001 we actually showed up to play when arriving in Nebraska.....So no, many kids on this team were not alive the last time we played more than 3 games in Omaha. Got a gut feeling you work in the athletic department with some of your responses in these threads. Take your participation trophies elsewhere.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But this is not what you or I said.

You're just flailing now.
You’re first response talked about Gino being the hitting coach for World Series teams and a team that won the title. My response was the title was so long ago that many of the kids on this team were not born (2001).

I went on to talk about how poorly we have performed In Omaha in recent years while Gino was an assistant and hitting coach.

I understand college baseball.

If your expectation is to walk into a veteran-laden #1 team in the country’s home and win the series with a completely new weekend rotation after not having taken a single series from them in years, then I’d say your expectation is too high.

Most likely we win a game, but I wouldn’t be surprised by a sweep. A win of the series sets you up for a National seed.

It’ll be interesting to see how the young guys respond.

Agree. And not really sure what that other poster was getting at because 2021 UF baseball is actually probably better than 2021 Alabama football. UF probably had slightly more talent in 2017-18, but this might be their best team ever when you take their experience advantage into account.

If this series was later in the year, my expectations would be higher. But Week 1 with 2 true frosh starters vs the consensus #1? I'd be happy with taking 1 of 3.

I expect growing pains but the talent is definitely there to make a Omaha run if the pitching talent translates into results. Really wish we were opening vs Rutgers this year and then had UF Week 2

Advertisement
Back