Friday: Federman
Saturday: Rosario
Sunday: Mederos

Advertisement
Opening rotation per Gino today:

Friday: Federman
Saturday: Rosario
Sunday: Mederos
Wow - two freshman and a guy that has never been a starter. This will be interesting. I am a little surprised no Jake Smith.

Recent scrimmages ended up making the difference as the two freshmen shoved.

Not thrilled that Federman is the Friday guy, but he has the mound temperament to be a starting pitcher. Really attacks hitters, works off his fastball, has a nice breaking ball.

Sounds like Van Belle with less command and that's the part that is a big difference.

Recent scrimmages ended up making the difference as the two freshmen shoved.

Not thrilled that Federman is the Friday guy, but he has the mound temperament to be a starting pitcher. Really attacks hitters, works off his fastball, has a nice breaking ball.

Sounds like Van Belle with less command and that's the part that is a big difference.
@lance, I've heard a lot of reports about Rosario but would you happen to know how Mederos has been?

Per Gino: 3 or 4 new faces in the lineup. Mentioned Toral, Vilar, Lala, and Jenkins as veterans that will definitely start. Don’t think he mentioned Del (but did he need to?). Reading between the lines of what he said Gil won’t start.

My guess
C Del
1B Toral
2B Vilar
SS Pitelli
3B Morales
RF Born
CF Jenkins
LF Lala
DH Gates (really no idea)

Last edited:
Advertisement
wtf happened to Smith? Let's see how the freshmen look but Miami couldn't afford him not to be the ace imo.

Gates was not swinging the bat well when play was halted. Maybe throw him out there against UF since he's a veteran but I'd put him on a short leash with so many other possibilities who aren't two-way players. It's weird because Gates batted well his freshman year but the pitching wasn't great, and then last year it was the opposite.

@lance, I've heard a lot of reports about Rosario but would you happen to know how Mederos has been?
Rapidly improving. Told he struggled in Fall ball.

Was commanding his breaking stuff better lately. Strikes are the thing with him right now. Just needs to not try to strike everyone out.

Advertisement
wtf happened to Smith? Let's see how the freshmen look but Miami couldn't afford him not to be the ace imo.
In college ball a multi-inning reliever can throw just as many innings as a starter who only goes once a week.

He will have a chance to provide solid innings this year, but the bottom line is the coaches have felt uneasy about the arms for several weeks.

Thomas was coming on last year. No talk of him in offseason, did he get passed by?
Lopez had praise for his improvement at and behind the plate, but as Lance said I don’t know where you put him. Del and Born (Lopez mentioned some of his metrics are Del like) are big road blocks, but maybe he ends up at DH.

In college ball a multi-inning reliever can throw just as many innings as a starter who only goes once a week.

He will have a chance to provide solid innings this year, but the bottom line is the coaches have felt uneasy about the arms for several weeks.
I really don’t like the sound of that.....We better hope this lineup can manufacture enough runs without the long ball. Talent is there

Advertisement
I really don’t like the sound of that.....We better hope this lineup can manufacture enough runs without the long ball. Talent is there
I’m just going to try and enjoy it this year without as much angst.

Florida is better, but to be opening with an unsettled and all new rotation against Florida is a tough draw.

It wouldn’t surprise me to get swept, but by the end of the season I’d expect this to be a team that can compete for Omaha with the right draw.

I’m just going to try and enjoy it this year without as much angst.

Florida is better, but to be opening with an unsettled and all new rotation against Florida is a tough draw.

It wouldn’t surprise me to get swept, but by the end of the season I’d expect this to be a team that can compete for Omaha with the right draw.
Baseball isn’t football Florida isn’t Bama! Freshmen pitchers that are highly rated are further along than freshmen qbs. I’d be highly upset if uf swept us

Baseball isn’t football Florida isn’t Bama! Freshmen pitchers that are highly rated are further along than freshmen qbs. I’d be highly upset if uf swept us
I understand college baseball.

If your expectation is to walk into a veteran-laden #1 team in the country’s home and win the series with a completely new weekend rotation after not having taken a single series from them in years, then I’d say your expectation is too high.

Most likely we win a game, but I wouldn’t be surprised by a sweep. A win of the series sets you up for a National seed.

It’ll be interesting to see how the young guys respond.

Advertisement
I understand college baseball.

If your expectation is to walk into a veteran-laden #1 team in the country’s home and win the series with a completely new weekend rotation after not having taken a single series from them in years, then I’d say your expectation is too high.

Most likely we win a game, but I wouldn’t be surprised by a sweep. A win of the series sets you up for a National seed.

It’ll be interesting to see how the young guys respond.
Happy you’re not writing the lineup card Friday!

Gino needs to prove his worth as a hitting coach this year. I want to see more sound situational hitting. Something we’ve been lacking for over a decade if not longer. Also needs to see him take a step back from bullpen calls, let J.D have more say in these decisions.

Gino needs to prove his worth as a hitting coach this year. I want to see more sound situational hitting. Something we’ve been lacking for over a decade if not longer. Also needs to see him take a step back from bullpen calls, let J.D have more say in these decisions.
So much nonsense in this post.

As if being the hitting coach for 7 CWS teams and a national championship team didn't prove his worth. And you have no idea about whether he has any involvement in the pitching decisions other than to be the guy who walks to the mound to take the ball out of a pitcher's hands.

Advertisement
Back