Striker - Keontra
CB- Stevenson
CB - Blades
Slot - Couch
FS - Frierson
SS - Bolden

im an idiot GIF

Advertisement
I'll bite, but don't be too harsh if I am way off not having ever seen any of the new transfers/freshmen. My basis is solely draft rankings, fall practice commentary, etc. and it's also why I have multiple permutations:

Born/Lala/Frank (OF/3B)
Vilar (2B)
ADC (C/DH)
Toral (1B/DH)
Rivera/Gates (OF/DH)
CDC/Rosario/Gil (OF/3B)
Frank/Thomas/Born (OF/C/3B)
Morales (SS)
Jenkins/Lala/Perez (OF/C)

It is nice to have depth like this, regardless of who starts.

Advertisement
End of February, I believe. At UF to open the season as it stands now, COVID complications not interfering.

Feb. 19-21 I think is opening weekend. And yeah outside of Del, Toral, and Vilar I think starting spots are up for grabs. Probably see a lot of platooning this year, esp in the OF.

DiMare mentioned 8 guys competing for the 4 rotation spots: Smith, Rosario, Mederos, Federman, McFarlane, Dubberly, Garland, and Regelado.

Wanger, Gates, and Palmquist should lead the bullpen

Based on what we’ve heard, I’d be surprised if Toral, Del, Vilar, Morales, and Born aren’t in the opening day lineup. You can probably toss the rest of the names in a hat, but depth for us is a good and unusual problem. It’s seems like at best we have 10 guys you’d actually want to play in a typical year.

On the pitching front, I’ll be surprised if Federman and Smith don’t end up as the Friday/Saturday starters to begin.

I expect Gino to remain loyal to the vets at first, especially at Florida to begin the year.

LF Lala
2B Vilar
C Del
1B Toral
3B Gil
DH Gates
RF Rivera
SS Morales
CF Jenkins

Advertisement
I expect Gino to remain loyal to the vets at first, especially at Florida to begin the year.

LF Lala
2B Vilar
C Del
1B Toral
3B Gil
DH Gates
RF Rivera
SS Morales
CF Jenkins

Mostly agree, except I think @scane is probably right that Born starts, over Jenkins is my guess

Advertisement
My guess:

LF - Lala
CF - Jenkins
RF - Del Castillo
3B - Morales
SS - Piteli
2B - Vilar
1B - Toral
C - Del Castillo

My guess:

LF - Lala
CF - Jenkins
RF - Del Castillo
3B - Morales
SS - Piteli
2B - Vilar
1B - Toral
C - Del Castillo
Going to be weird at beginning of year to see 2 Del Castillo’s. I like this lineup defensively. How are we going to approach dh? A lot of options with Gil, Gates, And Thomas.

Did we add more speed this offseason? We desperately need more guys that can steal bags. Especially if we still can’t manufacture runs without the long ball

Advertisement
Back