One thing our dbs can improve on

It comes back to alot of people here just dont really understand what they are watching. No pressure. Fans are fans but people need to learn to ask questions instead of assumptions. Besides scheme the biggest thing a db in our system needs to work on is film study so they can develop some confidence in their reads, & now we finally have a s & c who gives position groups their own workouts tailored to their positions needs. No matter what gus did he was never made to switch **** up. All positions and all players did the same exact workouts. You got qb/wr/db & rb all doing the same routine as offensive and defensive line & punters... say what yall want about swase but until he got fed up with all the dumb **** inhouse he never wouldve let no nonsense like that go down.
Yea this a dumb thread. “We need to turn picks into TDS” lmao most TD returns happens when a DBs or LB is breaking hard on the ball. That comes from play recognition which comes from preparing from film study. If a DB get a pick 25 plus yards downfield it’s likely not gonna be a returned for house call for obvious reasons

Advertisement
Just a question here but what exactly makes you say these kids now are so inferior to them if not for NFL careers and hindsight brother? Maybe I'm in the minority here but I see these kids on a daily and played with half the people yall are talking about. While I'll never take anything away from my brothers as we all earned our respect and status, neither will I take anything away from these boys now or limit their future... the vast majority of them has worlds of potential and now it's the job of coaches to put them into position to realize that drive. To push them to succeed. For me other than scheme the biggest difference on this ENTIRE TEAM is we dont really have any true on field leadership. We dont have those boys holding each other accountable at all times at all costs. For me that really needs to change. Without that respect and fear to an extent that you'll let your brothers down you'll never be able to fully trust them. That's what great offenses or defenses are ALL ABOUT. Trusting that man next to you.
Good ****, well put. Ppl acting we don’t have the same caliber of athleticism are wrong. We don’t have the same caliber of leadership a d accountability

Just a question here but what exactly makes you say these kids now are so inferior to them if not for NFL careers and hindsight brother? Maybe I'm in the minority here but I see these kids on a daily and played with half the people yall are talking about. While I'll never take anything away from my brothers as we all earned our respect and status, neither will I take anything away from these boys now or limit their future... the vast majority of them has worlds of potential and now it's the job of coaches to put them into position to realize that drive. To push them to succeed. For me other than scheme the biggest difference on this ENTIRE TEAM is we dont really have any true on field leadership. We dont have those boys holding each other accountable at all times at all costs. For me that really needs to change. Without that respect and fear to an extent that you'll let your brothers down you'll never be able to fully trust them. That's what great offenses or defenses are ALL ABOUT. Trusting that man next to you.

Using the word inferior is harsh.

But when you’re talking about hall of famers like Ed Reed and Sean Taylor, and then throwing in other exceptional athletes we had from that era, there’s really nobody on any team now, not just the canes, matching up with those guys.

Was it a slam against the guys we have now, nor is it saying they’re not talented, but that’s a **** of a bar for them to match up to.

Are there guys now back there that are going to play in the league, absolutely. But back then were the talent level was so high, team after team, for a period of about six years, that it’s hard for anybody to match that

Where was the explosiveness when they actually caught the interceptions? Growing up watching the early 2000 Miami teams it felt like a lot of the dbs had the ability to take it to the house .I feel We have lacked that and didn’t have the true playmakers to score when they got the ball and just looked quickly to get out of bounds. I think With some of the additions like frierson, bolden , gurvan hall and of course Trajan bandy in the secondary getting extensive time I think This will improve with the current crop of dbs imo. They know how to score with the ball in their hands.

Holy crap, this is so dumb.

Advertisement
Exactly. This is the problem. We see other programs recruiting 4 and 5 stars but expect us to have the same results we had 18 years ago.
We are getting a lot of 4 stars, just not the 5 stars

Advertisement
@brock needs a girlfriend
I got you dog
001.jpg

Advertisement
Yea, scheme probably plays a small role here, so I do agree with you somewhat. However,

A defensive backfield with Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Antrel Rolle, Kelly Jennings, Mike Rumph (have fun with the irony here), Al Blades (RIP), Mo Sikes (questionable), Greg Threat, Duane Starks, PBuch, etc you're bound to have a few pick 6's.

Just my opinion.

no you would not. Scheme matters

Advertisement
Using the word inferior is harsh.

But when you’re talking about hall of famers like Ed Reed and Sean Taylor, and then throwing in other exceptional athletes we had from that era, there’s really nobody on any team now, not just the canes, matching up with those guys.

Was it a slam against the guys we have now, nor is it saying they’re not talented, but that’s a **** of a bar for them to match up to.

Are there guys now back there that are going to play in the league, absolutely. But back then were the talent level was so high, team after team, for a period of about six years, that it’s hard for anybody to match that

No offense to the guys we have now, I like all of them.

However, you absolutely cannot compare the athleticism of Antrel Rolle to Bandy, PBuch to Ivey/Blades, Sean Taylor to...well...anyone lol.

Advertisement
Back