One thing our dbs can improve on

brock

All-American
Where was the explosiveness when they actually caught the interceptions? Growing up watching the early 2000 Miami teams it felt like a lot of the dbs had the ability to take it to the house .I feel We have lacked that and didn’t have the true playmakers to score when they got the ball and just looked quickly to get out of bounds. I think With some of the additions like frierson, bolden , gurvan hall and of course Trajan bandy in the secondary getting extensive time I think This will improve with the current crop of dbs imo. They know how to score with the ball in their hands.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Didn’t we have two pick 6’s this year? Kind of different scenarios as the interceptions around the LOS are much easier to house then those on the back end.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think this will improve with the removal of Dean and the addition of Ivey/Gil. Also, those dinosaurs at safety should help.

Advertisement
Where was the explosiveness when they actually caught the interceptions? Growing up watching the early 2000 Miami teams it felt like a lot of the dbs had the ability to take it to the house .I feel We have lacked that and didn’t have the true playmakers to score when they got the ball and just looked quickly to get out of bounds. I think With some of the additions like frierson, bolden , gurvan hall and of course Trajan bandy in the secondary getting extensive time I think This will improve with the current crop of dbs imo. They know how to score with the ball in their hands.
That's because we had an entirely different approach. We played defense downhill. We attacked at every position. This defense even when we attack it comes from misdirection. Our dbs aren't aggressive enough at the point of attack or in and out of breaks. They track rather than attack. That's why we give up so much underneath. We need to shorten our drops and press.

That's because we had an entirely different approach. We played defense downhill. We attacked at every position. This defense even when we attack it comes from misdirection. Our dbs aren't aggressive enough at the point of attack or in and out of breaks. They track rather than attack. That's why we give up so much underneath. We need to shorten our drops and press.

Seems like you have some inside knowledge.

🤔

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back