One thing I keep hearing on Ward…

The Simpsons Depression GIF

No joke 20+ years since a competent QB at the helm, I was so close.... thank you Cam Ward you just saved a life

Advertisement
Advertisement
High IQ is good news to hear.

GOCANES
It's great news, and certainly explains his completion percentage and overall stats.

The QB room just got a heck of a lot better. Football smarts can't be coached. One either has it, or they don't. The ability to diagnose, calculate, and react in a short amount of time is something some players simply can not do.

Advertisement
I initially thought the same but Air McNair was way too Dual threat for the comp. McNair rushed for almost 1k yards his final season at Alkorn St and was like consistently at 600 yards.

Ward can move (like Mahomes and Watson) but hes not like McNair or McNabb when it comes to running.
I'm not too familiar with McNair at Akron. I was thinking more of what I saw in the NFL. What about Bret Farve?

Advertisement
Extra funny that this guy essentially weighed in his recruitment then:

View attachment 278941
His question is rhetorical by his use of the English language and his career as a football player. This guy is an idiot. He wants to treat college football as the developmental league for the NFL. Well, then get the NFL to pay for a developmental league.

There's only 32 teams in the NFL with a 53 man roster plus practice squad. With an average NFL career of around 4 years, not only does a player need to figure out what to do with the rest of his life, it means that the rost turns over only statistically once every 4 years. That's why there's only 6 rounds of the NFL draft. There's over 5,000 draft eligible college players each year from D-1 not including FCS.

As a former student-athlete, I find this guy appalling. Ball out and get your education young men and women.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back