One thing I keep hearing on Ward…

Advertisement
You seem knowledgeable, I wouldn’t mind a further analysis and your comparison for Ward.

First, let’s start with your rationale on why they are similar. The burden, I wouldn’t call it proof, but of similarities, is on you. I’m not trying to be argumentative, but I don’t see too many style similarities other than they’re (were) both successful college quarterbacks.

First, let’s start with your rationale on why they are similar. The burden, I wouldn’t call it proof, but of similarities, is on you. I’m not trying to be argumentative, but I don’t see too many style similarities other than they’re (were) both successful college quarterbacks.
Both coached by Dawson, LOL.

I’m bad at this, mine was half a joke actually. I have no technical knowledge to draw that comparison.

If the staff compared Poff to Baker Mayfield, can we also get the staffs comp of Ward?

Think I saw menmom say he saw Mahomes similarities. I agree. Maybe even Dashaun Watson.
Im not comparing the talent level but play style I would agree with Mahomes.

Talent, skill set, height, weight, athleticism, and all things included.. I’ll probably get clowned for the take and not the right skin color since that’s usually step 1 for QB comparison.. Kenny Pickett.

They’ll test very similar in the combine. Cam does have a stronger arm.

Advertisement
Both coached by Dawson, LOL.

I’m bad at this, mine was half a joke actually. I have no technical knowledge to draw that comparison.

No problem, and this is just all based on my observations which, take them for what they’re worth, but as I remember Geno in college, he was not much of a runner, not saying he didn’t run, but he didn’t run as often or have a have as high yard per carry as Ward, Geno was probably a more polished passer in the traditional sense, but Ward has the better arm, and I believe is a better overall athlete. In the pros, Geno is basically a statue, and I don’t say that to be disparaging, but he’s just a traditional dropback pocket passer for the most part.

Fun fact: Geno and WVU, embarrassed the **** out of Clemson way back in the day, when WVU scored something like over 70 points, and where the phrase “Clemsoning“ either got its start, or was cemented, due to that embarrassing bowl loss. I believe that was fake preacher Dabo’s second or third season. I’m just saying this stuff off the top of my head so I could be wrong with some of the very specific details.

Im not comparing the talent level but play style I would agree with Mahomes.

Talent, skill set, height, weight, athleticism, and all things included.. I’ll probably get clowned for the take and not the right skin color since that’s usually step 1 for QB comparison.. Kenny Pickett.

You may be onto something here, I’ll have to think about it, but isn’t Ward lankier/skinnier, and somewhat more athletic, even though Pickett is also athletic, and Pickett seems to be somewhat stockier. But I’m just going right off of just a quick remembrance here of seeing them play.

You may be onto something here, I’ll have to think about it, but isn’t Ward lankier/skinnier, and somewhat more athletic, even though Pickett is also athletic, and Pickett seems to be somewhat stockier. But I’m just going right off of just a quick remembrance here of seeing them play.
Both 6’2-6’3 225-230 range.

I fully expect that Pickett’s 40, shuttle, and vertical are better than Ward’s. If not, very close.

Both 6’2-6’3 225-230 range.

I fully expect that Pickett’s 40, shuttle, and vertical are better than Ward’s. If not, very close.

Ward just looks rangier to me. You may be right on those stats, I’m just talking about how they look to me. But maybe my eyes deceived me.

Advertisement
And Mario gets blamed because he threw the ball as well, then if we run it it’s Mario’s fault but if it’s a TD it was alll the running backs vision. Pick one

If you look at the 2023 statistics, number of rushing attempts were basically equal to number passing attempts, and in terms of total overall yards, 60% came through the air. But somehow, people talk about a caveman offense, when in the first place, as far as I understand, Mario let Dawson run Dawson’s offense, unfortunately, we had real issues at quarterback which limited what we could do.

These themes get repeated over and over yet, statistically, we had a balanced attack. Not saying we had a great offense, we did not. I think on total offense we were ranked around 60 or 70th. But again the offense runs through the quarterback.

If you look at the 2023 statistics, number of rushing attempts were basically equal to number passing attempts, and in terms of total overall yards, 60% came through the air. But somehow, people talk about a caveman offense, when in the first place, as far as I understand, Mario let Dawson run his offense, unfortunately, we had real issues at quarterback which limited what we could do.
Facts but u can’t state facts here make sure you write false information next time or you will be banned. This is your first and final warning ‼️

Facts but u can’t state facts here make sure you write false information next time or you will be banned. This is your first and final warning ‼️

I added one more short paragraph if you go back.

Anyhow, the problem was, we had a quarterback that was injured, and not totally effective, at the beginning of the year, you could tell he had limited zip on his throws so that limited things, he started to get better, but then he really got the mental yips. Making him less effective. Unfortunately, we didn’t have too much of a choice behind him, he was still the best quarterback we had, although he was limited for both physical and mental reasons. And I say this, with no hatred or rancor towards TVD, those things just happens sometimes.

Advertisement

Nothing to clown on, That’s actually a very reasonable comparison.

I added one more short paragraph if you go back.

Anyhow, the problem was, we had a quarterback that was injured, and not totally effective, at the beginning of the year, you could tell he had limited zip on his throws so that limited things, he started to get better, but then he really got the mental yips. Making him less effective. Unfortunately, we didn’t have too much of a choice behind him, he was still the best quarterback we had, although he was limited for both physical and mental reasons. And I say this, with no hatred or rancor towards TVD, those things just happens sometimes.
His play changed the play calling and everything cause they lose trust in him. It’s understandable, you can’t keep running sh exotic asf if he can’t even hit dudes in the stands and is late asf on his throws. Dude just turned into a jag and was always very average. Thing is people fell in love with his arm but that sh was overrated as well. Dudes deep ball hit the highest point in the air in history. Seems like it would take forever to get there. If u watch basic teams play the announcers be ******* with fans, that’s where u get these hype jobs from. Broadcasters could see D3 schools playing and they will talk about players like they are ed reed and ST and people buy into what they say. I never hear them say yo this guy sucks they never say it, then u get these high *** expectations that are unrealistic

1709877848462.png

1709877865397.png

1709877876910.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back