One more year for Kaaya

504CANE4LIFE

Recruit
At the beginning of the year Kaaya was a projected 1st rounder even top 10 pick. With his stock dropping another year in a pro-style offense would help him out tremendously. If he decided to return would that make y'all happy we get him for another year and does that make us real contenders with the roster we have coming back or y'all think we are better off going with a new QB for next season.

Advertisement
if he can play like he did on Saturday for the remainder of the year I'd love to have him back. If he reverts to the 8 games prior, then the NFL would be a good place for him.

Could be a blessing in disguise. For the most part, except for a stretch this year, he has been good to very good. And sometimes exceptional. We can do big things with that and a good defense. Same could be said for this year of course, but I do have faith that Richt will improve (benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise) and Kaaya coming back would only help I think.

Even with the struggles this year, I'd still take my chances with a senior Kaaya (with another year in the new system) then most other options out there.

When the offensive line gives him time, he's as good a passer as there is in CFB. He still has his issues (pocket presence), but he is our best option at having a great season next year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Could be a blessing in disguise. For the most part, except for a stretch this year, he has been good to very good. And sometimes exceptional. We can do big things with that and a good defense. Same could be said for this year of course, but I do have faith that Richt will improve (benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise) and Kaaya coming back would only help I think.

Even with the struggles this year, I'd still take my chances with a senior Kaaya (with another year in the new system) then most other options out there.

Don't get this new thing where it turns out he sucked the whole time and lots of people knew it. He's been real good for most of his career. Like everybody else, I don't have a lot of confidence in him leading a last minute drive, but he's still been very good. Come to that, I don't have faith in anyone else on the team getting it done when it's crunch time. When was the last time a player put the team on their back? I'm thinking Dallas at unc. Let that sink in for a minute.

We're gonna be very good next year.

Some questions gotta be answered but the potential is there. Some guys HAVE TO step up such as Malek Young and another CB, Bandy when he gets on campus, Donaldson (no worries if he enrolls early) a few safeties after Jaquan, etc. Also gotta address the WR position outside of Richards. Maybe some more consistency from Berrios, Dionte could step up, Holloman would help.

Advertisement

Some questions gotta be answered but the potential is there. Some guys HAVE TO step up such as Malek Young and another CB, Bandy when he gets on campus, Donaldson (no worries if he enrolls early) a few safeties after Jaquan, etc. Also gotta address the WR position outside of Richards. Maybe some more consistency from Berrios, Dionte could step up, Holloman would help.

yep thats the problem no depth

yep thats the problem no depth

We're deep in places but DB and WR are still a concern. I don't see DL, LB, or OL depth being an issue next year. Talent on the OL is a concern but there's no way you can return 3 2+ year starters, add a 5 star talent, a solid transfer, and suck again right? We'll see I guess. Not holding my breath there.

Biggest thing will be Malek Young stepping up at CB

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think his slow start keeps him in school another year. Going out on a real limb here, I think.

He will probably stay, but I don't think it helps his draft prospects. It is clear Richt wants the RPO installed at Miami. That is just not Kayaa's strong suit and never will be. He did so well against Pitt because they finally let him sit back and sling the ball around, which then opened up the run. They ran very few RPO plays. If Richt runs an offense all year which is similar to what he did last Saturday, then Kayaa will improve his draft prospects. I just fear Mark wants the RPO as the core to our offense.

This morning on Mike & Mike they had Todd McShay...

McShay's thoughts on Kaaya: was that it's very hard to evaluate him right now, because the Offensive Line is getting him killed... Also Kaaya lacks the Big Arm, on the other hand he's Accurate & Processes Things Quickly

Also spoke about Watson, & Kizer, Trubisky

Watson: not a 1st round pick, doesn't make the NFL style throws, not accuracy beyond 10 yards

Kizer: all the physical tools , very intelligent person, but slow to process on the field, inconsistent with accuracy & decisions

Trubisky: highest rated QB, but doesn't have enough starts to enter the NFL, needs another year

Last edited:
He will probably stay, but I don't think it helps his draft prospects. It is clear Richt wants the RPO installed at Miami. That is just not Kayaa's strong suit and never will be. He did so well against Pitt because they finally let him sit back and sling the ball around, which then opened up the run. They ran very few RPO plays. If Richt runs an offense all year which is similar to what he did last Saturday, then Kayaa will improve his draft prospects. I just fear Mark wants the RPO as the core to our offense.

I don't see the point in running RPO or any other system if you don't have the personnel. Why not run what Kayaa is used to for now and groom another QB to run your system? Run what wins, work on the new stuff after the season.

Advertisement
Back