One more year for Kaaya

This morning on Mike & Mike they had Todd McShay...
McShay's thoughts on Kaaya was that it's very hard to evaluate him right now, because the Offensive Line is getting him killed... Also Kaaya lacks the Big Arm, on the other hand he's Accurate & Processes Things Quickly

I don't even think he lacks a big arm. He has plenty of arm strength imo

Advertisement
He will probably stay, but I don't think it helps his draft prospects. It is clear Richt wants the RPO installed at Miami. That is just not Kayaa's strong suit and never will be. He did so well against Pitt because they finally let him sit back and sling the ball around, which then opened up the run. They ran very few RPO plays. If Richt runs an offense all year which is similar to what he did last Saturday, then Kayaa will improve his draft prospects. I just fear Mark wants the RPO as the core to our offense.

I don't see the point in running RPO or any other system if you don't have the personnel. Why not run what Kayaa is used to for now and groom another QB to run your system? Run what wins, work on the new stuff after the season.

The thing I don't get is fans act like this is new. We ran rpo offense most of last year as well... with coley calling plays...

He stays and the Canes win bigly next season.

U my boy butnextyear depends on this recruiting class coming up and even then it may be onemore season. If we miss on these OL prospects and dbs u cant expect the same results.......give me a real blazer with vision at runningback too (McFarland)

Advertisement
Kaaya is an unbelievably talented player. You see what he will do to a defense when he has time. He has dealt with way more inconsistencies then he should. A different offense every year. Pro style - Spread - back to a totally different pro style offense. He has a QB coach in Richt who is teaching him right. It took him a while to adjust and us as fans were not ready for that. We thought he would be the light and the most consistent thing on our team, but he had to learn. His OC had to do a better job calling the plays, his receivers a better job holding on to the ball, but yet he still has the highest completion % of his career. Up until last week UM had the worst OL in CFB. We will see how everyone grows, but if he comes back next year, nobody will be mad but the backups.

Judging by how miserably weak this years draft class will be at QB I would think he goes. I think somebody will take a shot on him in the first round still. Big, Smart, & Accurate.

Advertisement
The 12 yard run inspired more confidence in Kaaya than perhaps any pass he has ever thrown. Had to mention that because I believe he can be a different QB moving forward if he continues to scramble once in a while. He has a label for not being a runner which is true but now ,even if he is just a minor threat ,it will make a difference in his game.

Hopefully he stays and has a chance to prove he is a better QB that what we saw the first half of the year.

if he can play like he did on Saturday for the remainder of the year I'd love to have him back. If he reverts to the 8 games prior, then the NFL would be a good place for him.

This exactly.

If he reverts to his previous awfulness in his next 4 games (including the bowl), Richt needs to tell him his options are the draft or sitting on the Miami Hurricanes bench in 2017.

He hasn't won the Big Game. FSU is sitting there like a monkey on his back, and next year he has to go to the Doak. It can be done, but the Frenchman will only get better.

So we have to be top-flight in form next year. I think the pre-season games against the girl's schools have been hurting us.

Advertisement
Excerpt from walterfootball:

Multiple Teams Grade Brad Kaaya in Mid Rounds
Updated Nov. 10, 2016
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

It has been a number of years since the NFL had a strong quarterback class entering the league, and that streak looks likely to extend with an underwhelming 2017 NFL Draft. A few weeks ago, WalterFootball.com reported that multiple teams had second-day grades on Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson with two playoff teams projecting him as a late third-, early fourth-round pick. Watson isn't the only quarterback who is being graded lower than media hype would suggest. Miami's Brad Kaaya has been discussed as a potential early-rounder, but he is receiving mid-round grades in speaking with sources at multiple teams.

Every area scout, national scout, scouting director, and general manager agreed with what WalterFootball.com has been writing all season in our college game recaps. Kaaya has two serious flaws of looking down at the rush when he feels pressure, and a crippling lack of mobility to avoid sacks. This season, Kaaya has completed 63 percent of his passes for 2,340 yards with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions. He has had a number of underwhelming games.

One general manager of a playoff team that is very skilled at quarterback evaluation said they had Kaaya as fifth-round pick. They feel he has no mobility and can't throw well while under pressure, and his arm is decent but doesn't blow them away. Two other teams said they graded Kaaya as a late third-, early fourth-rounder.

Sources also say that Kaaya doesn't get high marks on leadership. He isn't a bad teammate, but he doesn't rally the troops or push the team in crunch time. There also has been talk that Kaaya is too concerned with the NFL, as he feels this could be a good time to come out. Supposedly, he knows that he is getting some mid-round grades but thinks he could rise into possibly the second round because of the weak quarterback class. Teams think Kaaya will probably skip his senior year and enter the draft, but if he does, he could be in for a long wait on draft day if a team doesn't reach and the league stays consistent with his mid-round grades.

Updated Nov. 10, 2016

It has been a number of years since the NFL had a strong quarterback class entering the league, and that streak looks likely to extend with an underwhelming 2017 NFL Draft. A few weeks ago, WalterFootball.com reported that multiple teams had second-day grades on Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson with two playoff teams projecting him as a late third-, early fourth-round pick. Watson isn't the only quarterback who is being graded lower than media hype would suggest. Miami's Brad Kaaya has been discussed as a potential early-rounder, but he is receiving mid-round grades in speaking with sources at multiple teams.

Every area scout, national scout, scouting director, and general manager agreed with what WalterFootball.com has been writing all season in our college game recaps. Kaaya has two serious flaws of looking down at the rush when he feels pressure, and a crippling lack of mobility to avoid sacks. This season, Kaaya has completed 63 percent of his passes for 2,340 yards with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions. He has had a number of underwhelming games.

One general manager of a playoff team that is very skilled at quarterback evaluation said they had Kaaya as fifth-round pick. They feel he has no mobility and can't throw well while under pressure, and his arm is decent but doesn't blow them away. Two other teams said they graded Kaaya as a late third-, early fourth-rounder.

Sources also say that Kaaya doesn't get high marks on leadership. He isn't a bad teammate, but he doesn't rally the troops or push the team in crunch time. There also has been talk that Kaaya is too concerned with the NFL, as he feels this could be a good time to come out. Supposedly, he knows that he is getting some mid-round grades but thinks he could rise into possibly the second round because of the weak quarterback class. Teams think Kaaya will probably skip his senior year and enter the draft, but if he does, he could be in for a long wait on draft day if a team doesn't reach and the league stays consistent with his mid-round grades.
So basically they are pointing out everything we have been saying all season....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Updated Nov. 10, 2016

I think the fan's complaints about his skills are overblown, but this right here is pretty bad. I would think a guy with his sights on the NFL would be a better leader by his JR year.

This morning on Mike & Mike they had Todd McShay...

McShay's thoughts on Kaaya: was that it's very hard to evaluate him right now, because the Offensive Line is getting him killed... Also Kaaya lacks the Big Arm, on the other hand he's Accurate & Processes Things Quickly

Also spoke about Watson, & Kizer, Trubisky

Watson: not a 1st round pick, doesn't make the NFL style throws, not accuracy beyond 10 yards

Kizer: all the physical tools , very intelligent person, but slow to process on the field, inconsistent with accuracy & decisions

Trubisky: highest rated QB, but doesn't have enough starts to enter the NFL, needs another year

The big arm? He can make any throw and zip it in there...

Advertisement
Back