One last thing about the FSU victory - Brevin Jordan...

Advertisement
Strength isn't there yet but you can't teach heart. Get some Burns

Two amazing sequences in this one play that were going unnoticed. The first was pointed out with Brevin sealing off Burns.

The second was how Jeff Thomas made the catch with a bigger defender cutting off his line of sight. This was an NFL throw by Perry, followed up by JT4's concentration, coordination, and body control to pluck that out of the air. That's next level stuff right there. JT4 is truly special.

The kid really is a complete tight end. I've focused in on him a lot and he's already competent as BOTH a run blocker and a pass blocker. It usually takes freshman a while to hold their own in that regard but this kid is ALREADY there. Barring any injuries he's a future first rounder after his junior year. We're lucky to have him.

Jordan is a real man. He plays almost every snap in the trenches as a true freshmans. And he's effective. If Hartley didn't nab him, we'd be fcked at TE. In fact, we would be running a completely different offense (might not be a bad thing) because we wouldn't have a real TE on the roster.

Advertisement
Two amazing sequences in this one play that were going unnoticed. The first was pointed out with Brevin sealing off Burns.

The second was how Jeff Thomas made the catch with a bigger defender cutting off his line of sight. This was an NFL throw by Perry, followed up by JT4's concentration, coordination, and body control to pluck that out of the air. That's next level stuff right there. JT4 is truly special.
You can see Perry from the snap look left and progress to the spot where JT4 was. Absolutely fantastic throw and catch.

We gotta go under center more mane.

This fckn this.

Not an average football mind by any means, but it seems like going with DJ/Homer + Choc would give the defense three options to worry about on the run (HB/FB/N'Kosi) would be more effective than what we get out of the RPO.

Advertisement
Amazing haul at Tight end last spring.

Jordan came looking like an upper echelon D1 athlete. Mallory is 15 pounds and an offseason of weight training away from being a beast. So fluid at his size right now.

I love Brevin, going to be a freshman AA, but today I've seen requests for him and JT4 to get the ball way more. There's only 1 ball. Who's targets are we taking away to force feed them 2? It's not like we throw it 50 times a game..

I knew he was physical coming out of high school and that he could run well for a big guy but I had no idea he had the skill set he does. For a true freshman, he does almost everything well. He's not the freak athlete that David Njoku is but he's actually a willing and able blocker who can still make plays downfield in the passing game. I didn't think we would get an upgrade over the very consistent and versatile Chris Herndon but this kid is the real thing. Every week he amazes me.

Advertisement
I love Brevin, going to be a freshman AA, but today I've seen requests for him and JT4 to get the ball way more. There's only 1 ball. Who's targets are we taking away to force feed them 2? It's not like we throw it 50 times a game..

Throw the ball earlier on to loosen up the D for the run game. Take some of Cager's targets away.

Mallory will be the higher pick due to size and hands but Jordan is a 1st round talent as well. Both are are just beasts.

Advertisement
I was sitting next to Shawn Walker's dad and the play before that I said to him we need to get the TE's more involved. Very next play BAM!! For the love of God Coach Richt please get the ball to that kid.

How does walker like it at um?

Richt has struggled at times finding ways to get our TEs the ball

Njoku and Herndon were both dominant but would disappear for long stretches

Hopefully this improves with Brevin because he’s a monster

Oline did a **** of a job on that play as well. Boulware **** near killed a guy.lol

Mallory will be the higher pick due to size and hands but Jordan is a 1st round talent as well. Both are are just beasts.
You say this as if Brevin Jordan doesn’t have elite hands, he was arguably the best pass catcher in the whole 2018 class. Mallory May have better track speed but on the field Jordan’s speed has been evident in my opinion. Remember this is a kid who outran a secondary that included Tyson Campbell and surtain at the opening. Jordan is a legit 6’3 245 right now which isn’t bad size at all for a true freshman tight end

Advertisement
Back