One last thing about the FSU victory - Brevin Jordan...

k9cane

Senior
watching some clips, etc, I didn't realize that on that big 3rd down conversion, where Perry hit Jeff Thomas down the seam(for my money his best throw of this game and his early UM career) that it was Brevin Jordan who had to pass pro one-one-one and had to face Brian Burns and he did a really good job on his end. Helped set a nice pocket on the outside

Then the very next play he had his best TD catch. I don't think there are a lot of tight ends(forget about freshman) that could do that on consecutive plays

He needs to be a bigger part of the weekly game plan. This guy is a future Mackey Award recipient

Advertisement
It’s going to sound crazy but I think Mallory is going to end being the better player.

An absolute matchup nightmare in the slot.
Yea I liked his ceiling more always have, doesnt mean I think that Jordan cant be a beast and possible first rounder. It says alot about both of them and the talents they are, sky's the limit for both of them. We all knew Jordan was size ready day 1 and the Mallory would take more time.

Advertisement
Yea I liked his ceiling more always have, doesnt mean I think that Jordan cant be a beast and possible first rounder. It says alot about both of them and the talents they are, sky's the limit for both of them. We all knew Jordan was size ready day 1 and the Mallory would take more time.

How about two first rounders?

That would really tickle my pickle.

Those were the two biggest offensive plays of the night back to back. Jordan walled him up. Just as N'Kosi gets the pass off you see Burns throw a wild haymaker in frustration. I can't find out who that poor little linebacker was covering Brevin on his TD. Total mismatch

He's on track for a freshman AA season for sure. Is there even a better freshman TE in the country?

It’s going to sound crazy but I think Mallory is going to end being the better player.

I see what your saying, love Mallory's potential but the fact Jordan is holding up one on one in pass pro with a decent pass rusher like Burns already is incredibly impressive.

Give me the classic inline t/end who can pass pro, catch and lets you run the ball too.

I honestly wouldn't take another TE in the country over Brevin......let alone freshman TE.

Enjoy him while we have him because I think he's a 3 and done kid and future 1st-2nd rounder.

Advertisement

I love BJ9, but I'm with you on Mallory. They both are really good but will be dynamic in different ways. Jordan's football IQ and physicality have him ahead, but when Mallory's body catches up with his pass catching ability we will have an unstoppable duo at TE. Matchup nightmares.

I see what your saying, love Mallory's potential but the fact Jordan is holding up one on one in pass pro with a decent pass rusher like Burns already is incredibly impressive.

Give me the classic inline t/end who can pass pro, catch and lets you run the ball too.
Burns is better than decent. Brevin's just starting to get into the groove of things. It's gonna be fun watching these young guys develop over the rest of the season and next year it will be ridiculous.... Brevin, Kosi, Mallory, Wiggins, Scaife... Then we still have Pope, Hall and Rousseau. There's some real talent here.

Advertisement
I was sitting next to Shawn Walker's dad and the play before that I said to him we need to get the TE's more involved. Very next play BAM!! For the love of God Coach Richt please get the ball to that kid.

So what you’re saying is he should play LT?

Jk jk he’s such a beast we got so lucky with the two beasts

Advertisement
He is living up to the hype and then some.
Hopefully Mallory can get his touches and big plays as the weeks go by too.

We will be unstoppable.
(Well, relatively unstoppable by teams on our schedule that is.)

watching some clips, etc, I didn't realize that on that big 3rd down conversion, where Perry hit Jeff Thomas down the seam(for my money his best throw of this game and his early UM career) that it was Brevin Jordan who had to pass pro one-one-one and had to face Brian Burns and he did a really good job on his end. Helped set a nice pocket on the outside

Then the very next play he had his best TD catch. I don't think there are a lot of tight ends(forget about freshman) that could do that on consecutive plays

He needs to be a bigger part of the weekly game plan. This guy is a future Mackey Award recipient
Agreed, spot on as usual k9. That was a big time blocking job that Jordan did on Burns.

I think as a pass catcher, we have to start running the TE up the seam more. We love running all verticals with our WRs...let's start giving Brevin some double moves that threaten the middle of the field up the seam. Same with Mallory. I'm not sure why we didn't see more of this against FSU, but oh well.

Advertisement
Back