One area mark pope is “as good as anybody”,Likens has seen

See this is what's wrong w/Miami. At any other program (not even using the elite programs w/great depth as examples) when kids suck they don't play! If you keep playing Pope, the young receivers will transfer.. & rightfully so!
And they have lol
I really hope that these class of 2020 WRs stick around but would not blame them for leaving this abomination of a team

Advertisement
Big Fax! It's a shame..
And people are talking about what guys that have left are doing at new schools or what they are NOT doing, but it’s not about that. It’s about us developing those guys in our system and getting them on the field. We have no one that can win a jump ball or fight to win a 50/50 ball or back shoulder fade now because we let them walk by not giving them a chance to play in live games. That’s one of the main problems I am seeing with this team right now. Not going with young guys and the upperclassmen are trash af. Not giving young players an opportunity as if the guys in front are all Americans like in 2000-01. And even in that era upperclassmen used to KNOW the young guys are gunning for them and they HAD to ball out or get passed up. If they got injured and the young guys stepped in they may never even play anymore!! That’s competition!! We severely lack that here now and it’s a buddy system and that’s why guys transfer or just don’t get better because no matter what they will ride pine. That **** needs to change or this university will never be great again. And IMO the transfer portal is not helping that. We are not developing our young guys and just find a finished product elsewhere or someone who has flashed elsewhere and developed by someone else. Our young DE’s will not play much again next year and the young WRs and LBs as well. they won’t get game experience because we will play transfers or upperclassmen who have been ****ting the bed. Then they will be upperclassmen with no experience and we will hit the portal again for a 10th year senior smh. Poor coaching, favoritism, and development is what is killing us.

And people are talking about what guys that have left are doing at new schools or what they are NOT doing, but it’s not about that. It’s about us developing those guys in our system and getting them on the field. We have no one that can win a jump ball or fight to win a 50/50 ball or back shoulder fade now because we let them walk by not giving them a chance to play in live games. That’s one of the main problems I am seeing with this team right now. Not going with young guys and the upperclassmen are trash af. Not giving young players an opportunity as if the guys in front are all Americans like in 2000-01. And even in that era upperclassmen used to KNOW the young guys are gunning for them and they HAD to ball out or get passed up. If they got injured and the young guys stepped in they may never even play anymore!! That’s competition!! We severely lack that here now and it’s a buddy system and that’s why guys transfer or just don’t get better because no matter what they will ride pine. That **** needs to change or this university will never be great again. And IMO the transfer portal is not helping that. We are not developing our young guys and just find a finished product elsewhere or someone who has flashed elsewhere and developed by someone else. Our young DE’s will not play much again next year and the young WRs and LBs as well. they won’t get game experience because we will play transfers or upperclassmen who have been ****ting the bed. Then they will be upperclassmen with no experience and we will hit the portal again for a 10th year senior smh. Poor coaching, favoritism, and development is what is killing us.
Wow I couldn't agree more w/everything you just said! Let me start by saying IMO I think it's a big problem that we only recruit SO FLO. We need to start recruiting other areas of the country if we want to get to where we want to be. As for the receivers you're absolutely right. Do I think we have some young All American receivers? No idea, but I will say they simply cannot be worse than Pope & Wiggins. During the OK State game Kosi threw a pass in the endzone to Keyshawn Smith & he made a pretty nice catch (barely didn't get his foot down) Just give them a chance man! But moving forward, we have to start recruiting long, tall receivers man! These short mf's aren't cutting it. & you hit the nail on the head w/the transfer portal. People think the transfer portal is a good thing at Miami, & while its saved our *** in recent years.. we're using it as a crutch. I already think Manny Mouse is a terrible coach but his use of the portal says it all. He can't recruit very well & he **** sure can't develop talent which is why we depend on these transfers every year! If we didn't get King this past year we would've won 3 or 4 games. & finally the seniority you touched on is infuriating! Obviously w/the receivers but why tf is McCloud is playing my god. & it just shows you he sucked at LB so they move him to DE & he still got the second most snaps at DE in the bowl game. It's unbelievable how much of a joke this program is my friend

People can be pessimistic about pope and doubt him all they want but I’m taking heed to whatever is coming out of coach likens mouth about him and he’s raved highly about mark pope in several different interviews. After all this guy just coached 2 first round receivers in the last 2 years so he knows what it’s supposed to look like

I see no lies

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Pope might be able to figure it out. Wiggins there is no hope.
At a school like miami, we are supposed to be able to recruit OVER him, we cant wait for him to figure it out just to be avg. This guy is below avg and still getting majority of reps.. We have no one else who can be better than below avg?! WTFFFFF man..

I see midwest teams like okla trot out troves of talented skill position players, they can have a five star bust and still have top guys produce.. Its embarrassing and we seem to be behind the curve AGAIN in regards to allocating the numbers needed to position to be a top team. Teams like alabama, OSU, Okla, Clemson, etc. are stockpiling WR and corners and letting the talent shake out. We are playing favorites with straight up scrubs and hoping to get one mediocre year if they develop. I think the people at Hecht have forgotten what talent even looks like at skill position..

How are we soo ******* behind?! We cant find one consistent WR who scares another team? Some of these teams are putting multiple into league yearly..

As bad as he was, he was playing the wrong position all year.

Put him in the slot where he can use his quick feet and doesn’t have to catch contested balls down the field and we’ll see him become a lot more comfortable

Advertisement
Wow I couldn't agree more w/everything you just said! Let me start by saying IMO I think it's a big problem that we only recruit SO FLO. We need to start recruiting other areas of the country if we want to get to where we want to be. As for the receivers you're absolutely right. Do I think we have some young All American receivers? No idea, but I will say they simply cannot be worse than Pope & Wiggins. During the OK State game Kosi threw a pass in the endzone to Keyshawn Smith & he made a pretty nice catch (barely didn't get his foot down) Just give them a chance man! But moving forward, we have to start recruiting long, tall receivers man! These short mf's aren't cutting it. & you hit the nail on the head w/the transfer portal. People think the transfer portal is a good thing at Miami, & while its saved our *** in recent years.. we're using it as a crutch. I already think Manny Mouse is a terrible coach but his use of the portal says it all. He can't recruit very well & he **** sure can't develop talent which is why we depend on these transfers every year! If we didn't get King this past year we would've won 3 or 4 games. & finally the seniority you touched on is infuriating! Obviously w/the receivers but why tf is McCloud is playing my god. & it just shows you he sucked at LB so they move him to DE & he still got the second most snaps at DE in the bowl game. It's unbelievable how much of a joke this program is my friend
I totally agree. It's infuriating that these upperclassmen get games reps they don't deserve. You have McCloud at DE getting reps over guys that have busted their *** all season behind Phillips and Roche. Very demoralizing for our young players. If I'm an underclassmen, I ask myself if I can't get reps behind these upperclassmen who are phuking up, then what am I doing here? It makes a young player feel like it doesn't matter how good I play in practice, I won't see the field in games.

Advertisement
As bad as he was, he was playing the wrong position all year.

Put him in the slot where he can use his quick feet and doesn’t have to catch contested balls down the field and we’ll see him become a lot more comfortable
You right and wrong.. Playing wrong position.. Which should be off the ******* field, get him out of here, dude cant even catch!

You right and wrong.. Playing wrong position.. Which should be off the ******* field, get him out of here, dude cant even catch!
Feel free to look at my posting history, I’m as big a critic of Pope as there is.

But there’s a reason such credible posters on this site were high on him before the season. He has a skillset, and has been used the exact opposite of how he should as a deep threat.

I’m not saying he’ll be Braxton (I’ve argued against people who made the comparison many times), but he has better feet than Harley by a mile.

second best part of the article: "We have a saying in the sports world: If you’re thinking, you’re stinking, so we have got to get rid of that process where players are thinking so much and just let them play ball. I think that’s the No. 1 thing that’s going to help him.”

Welp, I guess pope is doing too much thinking again. Dude is a modern day Aristotle.

Advertisement
Back