One area mark pope is “as good as anybody”,Likens has seen

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wiggins and if like Payton. Harley and pope in slot. That’s a nice four wr set.

Pops is small but quick and rubs good routes, he’s perfect.

I’m fine with Pope inside with Harley. Hopefully we finally see them play to their potential the way Berrios did once he finally got to play the correct position his senior year. Miami continues to put small WR outside who struggle. I was guessing Wiggins and Payton. Hopefully Redding can step up and push Wiggins.

People can be pessimistic about pope and doubt him all they want but I’m taking heed to whatever is coming out of coach likens mouth about him and he’s raved highly about mark pope in several different interviews. After all this guy just coached 2 first round receivers in the last 2 years so he knows what it’s supposed to look like

Pope has been a dynamo waiting to be properly utilized. Eat!

I’m fine with Pope inside with Harley. Hopefully we finally see them play to their potential the way Berrios did once he finally got to play the correct position his senior year. Miami continues to put small WR outside who struggle. I was guessing Wiggins and Payton. Hopefully Redding can step up and push Wiggins.

Harley and pope could get roughed up by physical cb that want to press , that’s why I prefer both in the slot. Like you I don’t like small guys out side unless they’re thick/stalky.

Advertisement
How small is Pope? Ain’t he like 6’1?

I know he’s light weight wise but **** most of the 1st round WR in the 2020 draft we’re only 180-190. Pope like 175.

I think he’s good. Only dude his size weight wise was KJ Hamler.

Last edited:
How small is Pope? Ain’t he like 6’1?

I know he’s light weight wise but **** most of the 1st round WR in the 2020 draft we’re only 180-190. Pope like 175.

I think he’s good. Only dude his size weight wise was KJ Hamler.

He’s listed 6’1 but that dude isn’t. He’s not very physical either.

He struggles with physical cb’s , that’s just not a strength.

Last edited:
He’s listed 6’1 but that dude isn’t. He’s not very physical either.

He struggles with physical cb’s , that’s just not a strength.

Ok got you. One of those “5’11 list at 6’1 situations” Teams be doing.

Was hoping he would put on some weight here. But hasn’t happened yet.

Slot might better for his shiftiness.

I’m curious to see how the WR group turns out. Depth there but who emerges?

Ok got you. One of those “5’11 list at 6’1 situations” Teams be doing.

Was hoping he would put on some weight here. But hasn’t happened yet.

Slot might better for his shiftiness.

I’m curious to see how the WR group turns out. Depth there but who emerges?

I could be tripping but he still looks small to me , a friend of mine saw him in spring and mentioned him looking smaller than his roster numbers. I was actually shocked when he said 6’1 was listed number.

Advertisement

People can be pessimistic about pope and doubt him all they want but I’m taking heed to whatever is coming out of coach likens mouth about him and he’s raved highly about mark pope in several different interviews. After all this guy just coached 2 first round receivers in the last 2 years so he knows what it’s supposed to look like

The quotes from Likens are great.

Pope so far has looked like an undersized 3 star bust. That said, I'll be happy for him to prove me wrong

He's not a bust, him like several players didn't want to redshirt and thought they were way better than what they actually we're, noodles should've been the 1st one redshirting, instead, he's waisted 2years, Jeremiah payton did it the smart and right way for him. He'll be much more reliable during his playing time here out the gate.

It's not a question of if noodles has talent or not, his 1st year, he not only wasn't physically ready, but worst, he didn't even know WTF he was doing and couldn't be trusted out their. By him going into his 3rd year, if the team has still been able to run a strong S&C program, and if he's in his playbook and with better qb play be it, mason or Lion, he should definitely start shining!

Advertisement
I want Pope to succeed so bad just to prove to the local 4/5 star WRs down here that we can develop and put you in the league. Come on Mark!

Just know this, when you got coaches with proven track records the players will consistently come in, that's been the problem once at UM since coach shannon coach soldinger, coach kehoe and the likes left, a bunch of unknowns and guys consistently not being high round draft picks but we were still putting out players. Coach kehoe had no problem bringing o-linemen. Coach soldinger was never going to kiss any recruits ***, his track record spoke for itself.

When guys knew they were going to be coached by a d-co and True linebackers coach, they kept coming in under coach shannon as well. So coach likens track record is legit, and the highschool guys are starting to feel real comfortable with him as a person too. For far to long we been getting punked on our overall offense, once our offense gets back to having the same confidence as our defense, that's when things will start to began to come together!

He's not a bust, him like several players didn't want to redshirt and thought they were way better than what they actually we're, noodles should've been the 1st one redshirting, instead, he's waisted 2years, Jeremiah payton did it the smart and right way for him. He'll be much more reliable during his playing time here out the gate.

It's not a question of if noodles has talent or not, his 1st year, he not only wasn't physically ready, but worst, he didn't even know WTF he was doing and couldn't be trusted out their. By him going into his 3rd year, if the team has still been able to run a strong S&C program, and if he's in his playbook and with better qb play be it, mason or Lion, he should definitely start shining!

Largely agree and good post but we seem to have different definitions of bust. In general i would expect a 5 star (especially WR) to contribute in there first 2 years in a meaningful way or at least demonstrate elite talent. Instead outside of maybe 2 plays where Pope flashed some wiggle/speed, he simply doesn't look like a 5 star in anyway (small, weak, cant get open, lost out there, etc.). Hence why i would say he's a bust so far. This year he has everything going for him so time to put up or hit the portal. For the record, i am rooting for him

Advertisement
Back