One area mark pope is “as good as anybody”,Likens has seen

Can you blame people being pessimistic though? We've had no production/playmakers at WR and the one closest to that we had for a season from buffalo. Funny how he's here for a year and works hard enough to at least get drafted while the other guys complain about not being used right.

I'll believe it when I see it on the field.

Advertisement
Can you blame people being pessimistic though? We've had no production/playmakers at WR and the one closest to that we had for a season from buffalo. Funny how he's here for a year and works hard enough to at least get drafted while the other guys complain about not being used right.

Well said. Too much "South Fl 4 star baller hype" and not enough "STFU and put in the work" with our WR's recently

Ok got you. One of those “5’11 list at 6’1 situations” Teams be doing.

Was hoping he would put on some weight here. But hasn’t happened yet.

Slot might better for his shiftiness.

I’m curious to see how the WR group turns out. Depth there but who emerges?

Yeah. I've seen him on several occasions w/o pads. I'd say he's 5'11" too. UM's website has him at 6'1" 172. I think the weight is probably fairly accurate but the height isn't from what I've seen.

Pope and Wiggins on the outside and Harley in the slot

That’s the first three wr’s so that’s the obvious early bet, in a four wr set Pope should be inside with Harley. You won’t rough Wiggins or Payton up off the line out wide.

I just know Payton will be break out this year , and outside is his best spot. Dude looked like the best wr on the practice field the last few weeks last season. They were just set on shirting him.

Advertisement
Largely agree and good post but we seem to have different definitions of bust. In general i would expect a 5 star (especially WR) to contribute in there first 2 years in a meaningful way or at least demonstrate elite talent. Instead outside of maybe 2 plays where Pope flashed some wiggle/speed, he simply doesn't look like a 5 star in anyway (small, weak, cant get open, lost out there, etc.). Hence why i would say he's a bust so far. This year he has everything going for him so time to put up or hit the portal. For the record, i am rooting for him

You shouldnt get caught up in your logic, first off, most of these nerd recruiting sites don't know WTF they talking bout, what the difference between a "5 star" and "4 star", or what the difference between a "3 star" and "4 star" or a "3 star" and "2 star", those clowns couldn't tell you. And no matter what level a player plays at, he didn't rank himself coming out of highschool so how the nerd recruiting sites evals are just phucked up, don't blame the player. Also your portal logic is for the non-True Hurricanes, as long as that man words hard and stays his 4 years and shows True dedication, ***** the portal, it's filled with quitters and losers, unless a player is trying to step up in competition or got kicked off his team, I could careless about portal players.

Lastly, just because a player doesn't contribute right away doesnt mean he's not among the elite, alot more factors that go into it!

You shouldnt get caught up in your logic, first off, most of these nerd recruiting sites don't know WTF they talking bout, what the difference between a "5 star" and "4 star", or what the difference between a "3 star" and "4 star" or a "3 star" and "2 star", those clowns couldn't tell you. And no matter what level a player plays at, he didn't rank himself coming out of highschool so how the nerd recruiting sites evals are just phucked up, don't blame the player. Also your portal logic is for the non-True Hurricanes, as long as that man words hard and stays his 4 years and shows True dedication, ***** the portal, it's filled with quitters and losers, unless a player is trying to step up in competition or got kicked off his team, I could careless about portal players.

Lastly, just because a player doesn't contribute right away doesnt mean he's not among the elite, alot more factors that go into it!

Agree star ratings are overrated but its been proven time and time again 5 stars outperform 3/4 stars and have higher chance of going to NFL. Being a "5 star" generally does mean something. And i hear you on the portal but this is 2020 man, not 2001. The reason we have a shot at a 10+ win season this year is because our QB just came from the portal...

Advertisement
Agree star ratings are overrated but its been proven time and time again 5 stars outperform 3/4 stars and have higher chance of going to NFL. Being a "5 star" generally does mean something. And i hear you on the portal but this is 2020 man, not 2001. The reason we have a shot at a 10+ win season this year is because our QB just came from the portal...

You might want to go and check the statistics of the so called "5 star"players in the NFL vs other star players in fact, when you go to the Superbowl teams their were a plethora of "2 star" rated players, I'm not sure their was one 5 star! We'll see if this king guy is the real deal come game time, but 1st he has to beat out perry. It's still championship or Bust with me, nothing less, I could careless about a 10win season.

Guess we'll see either way what he's got this year. He's running out of time and I hope he's worked on that adolescent body of his. I know that sounds mean, but I just don't see how he holds up the way he looked the last two years.

KJ's numbers were down from his time at Buffalo to what he did here at Miami.

Enox took a possible 2nd round WR with great production at Buffalo & got him dropped down to a 5th rounder.

You can't use KJ as an example to say that the offense has no impact on the WR's play, all his numbers went down in Enox's offense, so what does that tell you?

It doesn't make sense how yall can clearly see that Enox's offense was as terrible as it was but still judge guys who barely played at face value...

You can't point to any highly productive WR's in last year's system because last year's offense was not conducive to high productivity.

You see how bad Enox was an OC, you see how awful QB play was but yet you still expect a backup WR that had 3 guys ahead of him to put up hundreds/thousand yards & TD's?? How exactly was that supposed to happen??

Advertisement
We had the worst OC in school history, a ****head QB, a turnstile Offensive line, while running 5-7 step drops in the Pro style Bro 3 & out Central Michigan express but yet people still think players were supposed to put up big numbers smfh lmao.

We didn't have a single player at WR put up over 550yds, but yet yall still wanna judge players as if we're going to be running the exact same offense as last year...

Yall be giving me a headache bruh lol.

Mark pope has to be the most hyped player in the history of miami football. I will just be happy with 20 catches. Its like waiting to see a UFO.

Advertisement
False, not even close.

Nobody was more hyped than ****face Kevin Olsen.
ECA7A406-0303-4048-8CC6-BFB64678DD93.gif

KJ's numbers were down from his time at Buffalo to what he did here at Miami.

Enox took a possible 2nd round WR with great production at Buffalo & got him dropped down to a 5th rounder.

You can't use KJ as an example to say that the offense has no impact on the WR's play, all his numbers went down in Enox's offense, so what does that tell you?

It doesn't make sense how yall can clearly see that Enox's offense was as terrible as it was but still judge guys who barely played at face value...

You can't point to any highly productive WR's in last year's system because last year's offense was not conducive to high productivity.

You see how bad Enox was an OC, you see how awful QB play was but yet you still expect a backup WR that had 3 guys ahead of him to put up hundreds/thousand yards & TD's?? How exactly was that supposed to happen??

I expect him to beat out KJ if he's a better option. Yeah the offense wasn't highly productive but even in bad offenses playmakers will find ways to make plays.

None of the WRs last year were game breakers. I don't expect him to change that in a season. If he does then great. This is a situation where I want to be wrong.

THis reminds me of how we thought about our DL and DB groups when Manny took over for D'Onofrio. They may not be all-world, we'll need to see. But the WRs are going to show dramatic improvement under Lashlee and Likens. Pope in the slot is the right call. Hope they use him the way he was used in 7x7s and high school ball. He's impossible to guard if you can't get hands on him coming off the line.

Advertisement
Back