One an Done in college football...

This isnt how it works. You arent gonna see a bunch of 18 year olds drafted next year... but maybe a few. Then over the next few years a few more, and a few more until eventually its quite common and the whole of college football loses its premium talent.
That's not how it works.

The NFL stands for Not For Long. It's all about 'what have you done for me lately'.

They're not interested in playing wet-nurse to 18/19 year old kids while they develop as players and as people. The NFL hates the amount of Jrs that come out already - they want that right reserved for the outstanding ones that have nothing left to prove in the College game.

Advertisement
If the XFL & USFL finally get their **** together, I believe that they'll start drafting kids out of HS.

10 years from now we won't even recognize CFB, the top CFB programs will be battling for 3*'s.

But I can also see a scenario where the NCAA allows football farm leaguers to play CFB too, like baseball.
There's too much money in College for the XFL / USFL to take over. They'd have to be funded by Amazon / Microsoft to make a dent.

What you might get is the XFL / USFL running as a development league, similar to how NFL Europe used to, for those 20something guys that aren't quite good enough for the League out of College, but may turn into something with a bit more coaching.

There was an 18 year old girl in the UK who passed the bar. If you can do it, you can do it.

I want to be clear that I’d absolutely *HATE* if this ever happened because I love CFB infinitely more than the NFL and I want to, selfishly, watch kids play in college for 3 years. But it simply shouldn’t be legal to block them from going if they want
I agree with you that we don’t have a free market in athletics. I wish we did.
I wish there were a free market on this earth.

I started not recognizing college football. Between "go where you make more money in college" to now leaving after one year. I don't know about the rest of you but I see it as turning into a minor league professional football now and I don't see the spirit and passion that made college football so special.

Continue in this path and may lose interest and start watching NFL again.

If I'm out, I'll just be done with football. No thank you on the NFL. The amount of time I already save by having Sunday's free and all but a few games outside of our team, it's refreshing.

Advertisement
Back