One an Done in college football...

Of course the mental aspect as well. Mentally handling the game, a 19 year old mentally handling a 30 year old mentally ******* with them. This guy is a joke

Advertisement
Kids should be able to go pro whenever they want. They can in any other field in the world.

And no, I’m not saying that 18 year olds can compete in the NFL. But some could, especially after a year or definitely two. I love CFB as much or more as the next guy, but the 3 years out of HS rule shouldn’t even be legal. If you think you’re ready, go. Once kids realize they aren’t being drafted, fewer and fewer will do it. Only the ones who can hold up will, and there are several who could, especially after Year 2.
Wish I knew I could become a lawyer in Florida out of high school before I wasted 7 years in college and law school.

Wish I knew I could become a lawyer out of high school before I wasted 7 years in college and law school.
And my Doctor:
selling season 3 GIF

Brother, I disagree completely on that one and done take. I consider myself a high level football guy. Ive only seen 4 players in my lifetime that can legitimately play nfl ball at 19

Adrian Peterson, jadaveon clowney, franky G, and Sean T.

19 year olds would live on the IR playing on Sundays. The speed and physicality is different.

Advertisement
Yeah the one and done has been so successful in the NBA. Let’s replicate that in a more demanding sport.

For every LeBron, Kobe, and KG there are numerous failures. The NIL will allow those top talents to develop in college and be ready to go once they enter the league and get fair market value for their talent.

Yeah the one and done has been so successful in the NBA. Let’s replicate that in a more demanding sport.

For every LeBron, Kobe, and KG there are numerous failures. The NIL will allow those top talents to develop in college and be ready to go once they enter the league and get fair market value for their talent.
It made most nba and college games unwatchable imo.
Used to be a huge college basketball fan. That sht is horrible now.
And since the comp is so watered down an average player can look like a superstar most nights.

Advertisement
He went to school and graduated both College and Med School.

If there is a 12 year old who can go to school and play football I am not stopping them.

There was an 18 year old girl in the UK who passed the bar. If you can do it, you can do it.

I want to be clear that I’d absolutely *HATE* if this ever happened because I love CFB infinitely more than the NFL and I want to, selfishly, watch kids play in college for 3 years. But it simply shouldn’t be legal to block them from going if they want to go.

There was an 18 year old girl in the UK who passed the bar. If you can do it, you can do it.

I want to be clear that I’d absolutely *HATE* if this ever happened because I love CFB infinitely more than the NFL and I want to, selfishly, watch kids play in college for 3 years. But it simply shouldn’t be legal to block them from going if they want to go.
You still have to go to school, get degrees and pass tests though.

You cannot just go straight out of high school so your comparison is a bit flawed.

Kids should be able to go pro whenever they want. They can in any other field in the world.

And no, I’m not saying that 18 year olds can compete in the NFL. But some could, especially after a year or definitely two. I love CFB as much or more as the next guy, but the 3 years out of HS rule shouldn’t even be legal. If you think you’re ready, go. Once kids realize they aren’t being drafted, fewer and fewer will do it. Only the ones who can hold up will, and there are several who could, especially after Year 2.
It doesn't seem to stop them from declaring as juniors and then not getting drafted

Advertisement

You probably never heard of NFL busts... You make no sense

What about if they don't get drafted then should they be able to go back to college

Advertisement

amazing hot take. So you think the government should get involved and tell the NFL how to run its business?

You still have to go to school, get degrees and pass tests though.

You cannot just go straight out of high school so your comparison is a bit flawed.

True, I’m just saying it’s one of the few (only?) entities where there’s a literal length of time requirement. 3 years out of HS. I hope they don’t change it, but if someone wanted to really fight the **** out of it, they could probably win.

The CBA doesn’t want this. There are only so many slots and careers are short. Current NFL guys wont want to give up their spots. And Coaches like Belichick himself said they don’t want children trying to be men. The male mind isn’t even fully developed at 19. NFL has this brain injury problem. They aren’t gonna exacerbate it. 3 years in the minors is a PR win.

Advertisement
Back