On Myson Johnson-Cook

I am surprised Oklahoma has such a good class this year.
Two in state five star OL is the main reason they are so high. Not much meat on the bone for them. Bode Sparrow only big one left for them.

Henderson or Jacobs would put them in our rearview mirror for good, presuming we finish with a blue chip WR and safety, too.
 
I am surprised Oklahoma has such a good class this year.
Why? They made the playoff last year and the state was loaded with talent this cycle with something like 3 players in the top 50. Which is a golden generation type class for a state like that. They were a Mateer hand injury away from being a real problem cause that defense is no joke.
 
– Top247 running back Myson Johnson-Cook committed to Auburn April 25. This remains a massive win for the Tigers. That said, I don't think this recruitment is completely over. Miami remains a threat in this recruitment. Ole Miss and Missouri should not be counted out either. We'll see how things play out over time. — Loy

________________________________________

Just sit back, watch AU crawl to .500 and let the chips fall where they may.
 
– Top247 running back Myson Johnson-Cook committed to Auburn April 25. This remains a massive win for the Tigers. That said, I don't think this recruitment is completely over. Miami remains a threat in this recruitment. Ole Miss and Missouri should not be counted out either. We'll see how things play out over time. — Loy

________________________________________

Just sit back, watch AU crawl to .500 and let the chips fall where they may.
Happy Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki
 
– Top247 running back Myson Johnson-Cook committed to Auburn April 25. This remains a massive win for the Tigers. That said, I don't think this recruitment is completely over. Miami remains a threat in this recruitment. Ole Miss and Missouri should not be counted out either. We'll see how things play out over time. — Loy

________________________________________

Just sit back, watch AU crawl to .500 and let the chips fall where they may.
If the rumored Bag is as large as claimed from Auburn, I'd say leave the chips where they are. I do think this is a great class to get a 5star type RB, but overspending on RB would be a mistake imo. I assume staff will love Mallory because he's the type they like. Pringle showed excellent flashes. **** one of Lyle/Brown could even return still... I mean if you told me we lost Pringle, I'm absolutely on board with getting this dude. But I hope that doesn't happen.
 
If the rumored Bag is as large as claimed from Auburn, I'd say leave the chips where they are. I do think this is a great class to get a 5star type RB, but overspending on RB would be a mistake imo. I assume staff will love Mallory because he's the type they like. Pringle showed excellent flashes. **** one of Lyle/Brown could even return still... I mean if you told me we lost Pringle, I'm absolutely on board with getting this dude. But I hope that doesn't happen.

I don’t think they are going to budge on the price or they would have done it in April. I think the message is clear. Keep building the relationship with the kid, let the season play out like we expect it to for both UM and AU and hope the kid surpasses a short term pay day to shine here in a better system, behind a better OL, with better talent around him. Will it actually happen? TBD, but glad we are still trying and continuing to reinforce our message. Lets hope the kid makes the right decision when it matters in December.
 
If the rumored Bag is as large as claimed from Auburn, I'd say leave the chips where they are. I do think this is a great class to get a 5star type RB, but overspending on RB would be a mistake imo. I assume staff will love Mallory because he's the type they like. Pringle showed excellent flashes. **** one of Lyle/Brown could even return still... I mean if you told me we lost Pringle, I'm absolutely on board with getting this dude. But I hope that doesn't happen.
I mean… RB not only isn’t a premium position but it’s low overall on the totem pole in general. That said an elite RB can absolutely change your offense. If it’s late in the cycle and we have xtra spending money, I don’t think anyone would be mad at us overpaying for Fletcher 2.0.
 
If the rumored Bag is as large as claimed from Auburn, I'd say leave the chips where they are. I do think this is a great class to get a 5star type RB, but overspending on RB would be a mistake imo. I assume staff will love Mallory because he's the type they like. Pringle showed excellent flashes. **** one of Lyle/Brown could even return still... I mean if you told me we lost Pringle, I'm absolutely on board with getting this dude. But I hope that doesn't happen.
I mean… RB not only isn’t a premium position but it’s low overall on the totem pole in general. That said an elite RB can absolutely change your offense. If it’s late in the cycle and we have xtra spending money, I don’t think anyone would be mad at us overpaying for Fletcher 2.0.
Uhhh. Fletch is awesome, but he doesn’t run a sub 4.4. His height weight speed makes him a unicorn.
 
I don’t think they are going to budge on the price or they would have done it in April. I think the message is clear. Keep building the relationship with the kid, let the season play out like we expect it to for both UM and AU and hope the kid surpasses a short term pay day to shine here in a better system, behind a better OL, with better talent around him. Will it actually happen? TBD, but glad we are still trying and continuing to reinforce our message. Lets hope the kid makes the right decision when it matters in December.
Yup, no bias involved here when I say this but wtf does AU have to offer over us other than money? Not seeing many wins on that schedule at all.
 
I don’t think they are going to budge on the price or they would have done it in April. I think the message is clear. Keep building the relationship with the kid, let the season play out like we expect it to for both UM and AU and hope the kid surpasses a short term pay day to shine here in a better system, behind a better OL, with better talent around him. Will it actually happen? TBD, but glad we are still trying and continuing to reinforce our message. Lets hope the kid makes the right decision when it matters in December.
Yup, no bias involved here when I say this but wtf does AU have to offer over us other than money? Not seeing many wins on that schedule at all.
“SEC” 🤡

(More like: Get to wear the SEC logo as you get curb stomped all year)
 
If the rumored Bag is as large as claimed from Auburn, I'd say leave the chips where they are. I do think this is a great class to get a 5star type RB, but overspending on RB would be a mistake imo. I assume staff will love Mallory because he's the type they like. Pringle showed excellent flashes. **** one of Lyle/Brown could even return still... I mean if you told me we lost Pringle, I'm absolutely on board with getting this dude. But I hope that doesn't happen.

I don’t think they are going to budge on the price or they would have done it in April. I think the message is clear. Keep building the relationship with the kid, let the season play out like we expect it to for both UM and AU and hope the kid surpasses a short term pay day to shine here in a better system, behind a better OL, with better talent around him. Will it actually happen? TBD, but glad we are still trying and continuing to reinforce our message. Lets hope the kid makes the right decision when it matters in December.
This shows you the difference in how Henderson operated vs MJC.

I’m sure MJC told the staff that they offered me double what y’all are offering so I gotta take it. But if y’all get to this number I would take less to go there and Mario said we’ll keep the communications open and maybe we can work something out in the fall.

Henderson made the decision that he wasn’t coming here but wanted the actual team he was going to pay more money on the bluff he could go to Miami. Once Mario realized we were being used he ended the recruitment for good.

This is how you operate in the NIL era. Know your worth but be straight up in conducting business.
 
I mean… RB not only isn’t a premium position but it’s low overall on the totem pole in general. That said an elite RB can absolutely change your offense. If it’s late in the cycle and we have xtra spending money, I don’t think anyone would be mad at us overpaying for Fletcher 2.0.

I generally agree with most of what you wrote...except for the first sentence. I think the value of an RB in college is much greater than the NFL.
 
Back
Top