On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
He will never play here. He just won’t. It’s a waste of a scholarship and further proof Mario took the easy route getting a QB on the roster.
The whole "waste of a scholarship" line is kind of outdated nowadays. With unlimited annual scholarships and the transfer portal, it's pretty easy to make room for a kid when you need to

just curious, where did you play QB in college?

Careful with this line of thinking.

Mark Richt (a great man and great football coach) played his college football QB at UM. Even he had a 3 year stretch where he brought in Jack Allison, N'kosi Perry, Cade Weldon, and Jarren Williams. All subpar (and that's being kind).

Having played the position in college doesn't make one's opinion infallible, just like not having played the position in college doesn't make someone's opinion worthless. Besides, if you're only supporting your opinion by comparing resumes, you aren't being persuasive. You're being condescending.

last year he had like 16 TDs and 13 picks which was concerning. This year 27 TDs and 8 picks is much more ideal. He is big and can sling it and sometimes these guys have too much confidence in their arm strength. If he comes with Bailey in the class, that has to be one of the tallest QB room in the nation lol.

Advertisement
Another exercise for you guys, Name All of the 5-star QB’s that were actually good the past 10 years:
Lawrence, Fields, Young, Caleb Williams, Jameis (he’s 10-11 years ago), JJ McCarthy, Bo Nix, Kyler Murray, Tua, Josh Rosen.

Even Spencer Rattler has thrown for 10,000 yards and 80 TDs in his career

They hit more often than not. I’ll leave it at that.

Advertisement
Lawrence, Fields, Young, Caleb Williams, Jameis (he’s 10-11 years ago), JJ McCarthy, Bo Nix, Kyler Murray, Tua, Josh Rosen.

Even Spencer Rattler has thrown for 10,000 yards and 80 TDs in his career

They hit more often than not. I’ll leave it at that.
Until Miami is winning 10 games a year for 2-3 years or dropping a big big bag, we aren’t signing a 5 star QB. Thus, sign a portal Qb that was a 5star. Fields, Williams, nix, rattler types.

Until Miami is winning 10 games a year for 2-3 years or dropping a big big bag, we aren’t signing a 5 star QB. Thus, sign a portal Qb that was a 5star. Fields, Williams, nix, rattler types.
Absolutely. I’d rather sign a proven guy with 2-3 years under his belt anyway. You know what you’re paying for.

Absolutely. I’d rather sign a proven guy with 2-3 years under his belt anyway. You know what you’re paying for.

Those guys weren’t proven though.

Rattler lost the job and didn’t set the world on fire at OU.

Nix was a bust until you went and found a simple spread offense.

Fields hasn’t played.

Does anybody want to see Nix in this offense?

Go back and look at the TDs he threw this past weekend. How many went more than 5 yards in the air?

That’s one of the big issues with the portal. You’re selecting from what’s available, which is limited.

It’s amazing how the kid has shown actual improvement but still not good enough for the mopes. Y’all are beyond miserable.

Why would people be excited about him improving from basura to mid?

He might be good and a bridge QB a few years down the road. I don’t hate the take as long as we hit the portal for QB.

Advertisement
Careful with this line of thinking.

Mark Richt (a great man and great football coach) played his college football QB at UM. Even he had a 3 year stretch where he brought in Jack Allison, N'kosi Perry, Cade Weldon, and Jarren Williams. All subpar (and that's being kind).

Having played the position in college doesn't make one's opinion infallible, just like not having played the position in college doesn't make someone's opinion worthless. Besides, if you're only supporting your opinion by comparing resumes, you aren't being persuasive. You're being condescending.

I was asking the question for legit reasons. Just wanted to know what the guy's experience is/was. (Not comparing resumes, I'm interested in experience, which is not the same thing).

And you are correct, nobody's opinion is infallible.

Advertisement
Those guys weren’t proven though.

Rattler lost the job and didn’t set the world on fire at OU.

Nix was a bust until you went and found a simple spread offense.

Fields hasn’t played.

Does anybody want to see Nix in this offense?

Go back and look at the TDs he threw this past weekend. How many went more than 5 yards in the air?

That’s one of the big issues with the portal. You’re selecting from what’s available, which is limited.
Didn't exactly mean the ones referenced. Although if we were left with someone like Bo Nix that started 30+ games at his previous school, I'd take a chance on it or Rattler, Fields, etc. with the tools.

Meant finding someone with production in the portal versus signing a 5 star - because it takes NIL for both. I'd like to know what I'm paying for versus taking a chance. This year: Pratt, Cam Ward, Chandler Rogers, etc. come to mind.

Advertisement
Back