On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
The portal is not the safety net thats being portrayed here. Im saying the portal is not a better guarantee than HS recruiting. I have 0 idea what Miami can afford. I know what has been said about Miami's willingness to spend. Portal QB market is more volatile than HS and even still a good number of those fail.

Im still confused about the general argument, my apologies.

Is the assertion that highly rated high school QB’s are less apt to bust than existing college transfers?

QB recruiting hasn't been great with Mario and as it stands right now, we're not in a great spot after TVD goes. With that said, if we can get a guy like Pratt to come in for a year, I'd feel much better about everything. Transfer QB takes over next year to keep things rolling for us, Emory and Jacurri battle it out the year after and then Nickel (very high on him personally) comes for the spot after that. Would give us two years to turn the recruiting around at the spot. Hopefully those two years are 10+ win years and we are a lot more attractive as a destination by that time.

Advertisement
Im still confused about the general argument, my apologies.

Is the assertion that highly rated high school QB’s are less apt to bust than existing college transfers?
No I'm asserting that we cant neglect HS recruiting and just say the portal is the answer. If we sign the wrong QB in portal we dont have a blue chip to fall back on. We also dont have any competition in the most important room. Look at NCST they went all in for Amrstrong and that killed the season even with an elite defense.

What's the percentage of 3* that pan out yearly?
And do the same for 4* that pan out and 5* that pan out.

My gut says that less pan out across all ratings than at other positions such as WR, RB, or CB.

IMO that seems like the rationale behind @DMoney reasoning behind saving big NIL offers for QB transfers than HS recruits. You get a better feel for the intangibles at the position.

Advertisement
Signing the equivalent to Lee or Cohen is the right kid. Signing the equivalent to Gore or McCormick is not.
Lately, Gore seems to be showing he's better than most expected, but he's mainly a depth piece. Expecting him to anything more is unrealistic. McCormick was brought in to solidify the role of blocking TE. Trying to turn him into a receiving TE because of Arroyo's injuries is also not realistic. I think the staff realizes that and that's why Riley Williams seems to be getting more burn at TE.

Lately, Gore seems to be showing he's better than most expected, but he's mainly a depth piece. Expecting him to anything more is unrealistic. McCormick was brought in to solidify the role of blocking TE. Trying to turn him into a receiving TE because of Arroyo's injuries is also not realistic. I think the staff realizes that and that's why Riley Williams seems to be getting more burn at TE.
Gore and McCormick both play out of necessity and lack of development. I don't want to see a QB come in just to see a QB come in. If we had any better options those 2 wouldn't see the field. No Gore has not been good lately. He was good vs Temple and BCU.

what's a tight end? I haven seen that

Advertisement
Gore and McCormick both play out of necessity and lack of development.
Agreed.
I dont want to see a QB come in just to see a QB come in.
Agreed.
If we had any better options those 2 wouldnt see the field. No Gore has not been good lately. He was good vs Temple and BCU.
I heard his name called against Virginia. Be fair, He is what he is. He's here to give starters a blow, and not make mistakes.

Last edited:
I think we will be in a good position to recruit Portal QBs because of our offensive line. Could be wrong. But I think we’ll be happy there.

My concern is DT and CB because it’s hard to find difference-makers in the Portal. Need to do better there.
I agree with you on quality for dt's but we're ok numbers wise if we lose Lt!....CB is the real issue. Considering the youngins aren't developing or getting any playing time.
DT-coming back or freshman-jhh, gore, Horton, Campbell, burroughs,Russell,jones!
numbers-yes quality- not sure!

Advertisement
The portal is not the safety net thats being portrayed here. Im saying the portal is not a better guarantee than HS recruiting. I have 0 idea what Miami can afford. I know what has been said about Miami's willingness to spend. Portal QB market is more volatile than HS and even still a good number of those fail.

Yep.

Hartman and Devin Leary were the 1A and 1B QB in the portal this past season. Leary sucks.

Hudson Card was next up. Sucks.

Then Sanders but he was only going to Colorado, so strike him.

Walker Howard is TBD.

Brennan Armstrong sucks.

Tanner Mordecai sucks.

Just a list of suck on top of suck.

It’s amazing to me that this week people have actually argued that Mario’s bunch the box bro style being led by I guess some Devin Leary type with Judd Anderson as the backup is going to be a successful offensive recipe.

Yep.

Hartman and Devin Leary were the 1A and 1B QB in the portal this past season. Leary sucks.

Hudson Card was next up. Sucks.

Then Sanders but he was only going to Colorado, so strike him.

Walker Howard is TBD.

Brennan Armstrong sucks.

Tanner Mordecai sucks.

Just a list of suck on top of suck.

It’s amazing to me that this week people have actually argued that Mario’s bunch the box bro style being led by I guess some Devin Leary type with Judd Anderson as the backup is going to be a successful offensive recipe.
Smart man!

Unless we are taking a sure thing for one year, give me someone with 2-3 years left to play who has flashed some abilities. Maybe there is a new coach and they don't like the new system OR maybe they are stuck behind others on a top team and want to start. The later group would be similar to Penix, Williams, Bo Nix, Dart, Daniels, Bean, etc. The Former group would be Hartman and Gabriel.

Advertisement
Back