On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
Based on his recruitment Mario, Zo and Dawson believe so.

Sitkowski was 6 years and 2 coaches ago; what does he have to do with this staff?
Because he’s a perfect example of a kid that was tall, strong, and athletic but didn’t have the essential qualities to be a good QB. I suspect our 2nd year QB from Georgia is the same. You guys get all excited (pause) about a big athletic QB, but the guy has to have a reasonably accurate arm and be able to see the field or it doesn’t matter.

Because he’s a perfect example of a kid that was tall, strong, and athletic but didn’t have the essential qualities to be a good QB. I suspect our 2nd year QB from Georgia is the same. You guys get all excited (pause) about a big athletic QB, but the guy has to have a reasonably accurate arm and be able to see the field or it doesn’t matter.

Who recruited those kids? Who's recruiting/coaching QBs now? Who's the current back-up for TVD?

If you can answer those questions, I'm not sure why you're pursuing this argument.

Advertisement
How is this kid transferring week 2 of his senior year not a giant red flag? Anyone have a backstory
His previous High School team isn't even comparable to Warner Robbins talent wise. His new school just won a championship in 2021. Probably could be a competition move or family situation. Honestly, these moves happen more frequently than ever before. Overall we will know if he's the good or not now because of the level of competition!

Per GHSA rules, if there’s a bonafide move, meaning the kid and his parents or legal guardian, move with him, then he’s eligible to play.
Why did he move? If its for a better program why wouldnt this move be made in the summer. Feels off

Advertisement
The video there show a lot of his plays. Gotta say, he looks the part in it. Nice tight spiral, great placement, ball gets where it's going quickly, quick release, and so forth. He's not the dud some have labeled him, at least not talent wise. Talent isn't the only thing for a QB and it'll be interesting to see how the season goes.
**** he doesn't even look that bad. With a good OC in college kid can do damage. Can't teach that size and movement.

Advertisement
Why did he move? If its for a better program why wouldnt this move be made in the summer. Feels off
Honestly, Idk why he moved. I know he was splitting time with another kid, at Jones. I’m pretty sure in his mind, that couldn’t have been a great situation. My take is, If you the man, prove it on the field and u won’t have to share time. Did dad get a new job in the WR area? I don’t have any idea. What i do know is that WR is a bigger and better overall program. Wayyyy more history. Of course, he’s gonna have to beat out a kid there, too. Hes had a great start at unseating the QB at WR, if last week’s game is any indication.

Last edited:
**** he doesn't even look that bad. With a good OC in college kid can do damage. Can't teach that size and movement.

as long as he's a guy that will be a 3-4 year development guy (and it's important he realizes that), and knows that blue-chip QB's will still be recruited by the staff(which they will be), then Judd is fine

Advertisement
You have to take the skills you see (movement, running, passing) at his size and project that with quality NCAA development and talent.

His athleticism and fluidity belies the fact that he legitimately makes Mario look like a small individual in pictures. Judd may not have the best numerical season compared to other 12 graders, but with proper S&C and quality coaching he has the ability to do things other people can't at the next level.

I'll say this much, based on the tangibles and what he's shown, this isnt Gray Crow. There is something to work with here...

We will see how it plays out but if he’s coming in as QB#4 next year that puts things in a different light. Tough to convince a QB these days to do that. We don’t even have a QB4 this year

But this is predicated on the idea that we bring in either a portal veteran or another QB recruit which we could do both

I'll say this much, based on the tangibles and what he's shown, this isnt Gray Crow. There is something to work with here...

Mario wants to spread defenses out to create running lanes with a powerful OL, while also having the ability to punish people in the passing game. To do that you need a guy with a big arm who can spread the ball all over the field, and being 6'6" 225lbs as a 12 grader means he'll be able to punish people on the scramble as well. As you can see from the clip, he's an athlete with the ball in in hands and could bring another dimension to the offense with his legs.

This is Justin Herbert type talent.

On a side note, he's also a leader with a ton of confidence; which will pay dividends in the locker-room.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back