On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
Warner Robins and Jones County are the exact same classification and division and almost play the exact same schedule

Warner Robins has Valdosta in a little over a week and they'll get whooped.

They also have Houston County later this year - from a higher classification - and Houston County will probably let them have it too.

At Jones County he has Perry and Peach County (both smaller classification but good football programs) instead of Valdosta and HC - then the exact same schedule in region play
Exactly!

Good stats against…

Classic Film Vampire GIF

Judd put a stake in their heart with his rushing TDs.

I'm dropping him if he transfers... if it was up to me.

Massive red flag unless there's a legit underlying story. Until that Dacula game he had no separation and no reason to not split time with the junior backup QB. The other kid was more of a spark plug because of his running ability while they were throwing exactly the same.

Not good enough to pull something like a week 3 transfer.

Funny thing is he already played Northside at JC (and struggled) and now Warner Robins plays them this week.

Advertisement

Massive red flag unless there's a legit underlying story. Until that Dacula game he had no separation and no reason to not split time with the junior backup QB. The other kid was more of a spark plug because of his running ability while they were throwing exactly the same.

Funny thing is he already played Northside at JC (and struggled) and now Warner Robins plays them this week.
Yeah, true. But he probably won’t be on the field yet, because he’s just getting there. He’s gotta get acclimated to the team, coaches and scheme. If I’m a UM staffer, and recruiting this kid, I’m looking at a red flag as big as the one flying over the Kremlin. “Will he quit on me, like he quit on Jones Co., if he don’t get his way.?” I would think that I’m gonna look elsewhere for a QB for the class of ‘24. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Yeah, true. But he probably won’t be on the field yet, because he’s just getting there. He’s gotta get acclimated to the team, coaches and scheme. If I’m a UM staffer, and recruiting this kid, I’m looking at a red flag as big as the one flying over the Kremlin. “Will he quit on me, like he quit on Jones Co., if he don’t get his way.?” I would think that I’m gonna look elsewhere for a QB for the class of ‘24. Just my opinion.
Do we know what kind of offense the new school offers? Do we know the staff didn't sign off on this in the interest of him getting somewhere with higher pass volume? I don't know anything, real questions.

Doubt UM was in the dark, if this is true.

I think it’s simple at this point.

If you want to take 2 QBs this cycle (regardless of what Judd wants) then Judd is the perfect candidate to RS and mold over 2/3 years.

If you want to take 1 QB this cycle, it’s time to cut the ties and up the pressure on Hurley, Puglisi, Kaelin, CJ.

Absolutely not true. Mike Leach did not care about mechanics at all or sound qbs. He only valued accuracy. Guys like Huepel and Minshew played under him. Terrible mechanics. And guys like Kingsbury who is very similar to Judd in HS as a 3 sport athlete but rated a 3 star qb with traits. And then there are other air raids such as TTU after leach left who took mahomes with only traits and no mechanics as a 3 star. But to say the air raids just took sound qbs with low ceilings is absurd. Leach had Couch and Huepel who threw off their back feet and sidearm most plays.

Couch was the number 1 QB coming out of high school. He was a sure thing QB recruit.

Heupel was the number 1 ranked JUCO QB that year and just who they could get because they didn’t have a non-option QB on the roster.

But none of these QBs were Anderson. None were *years* away from being able to mechanically step foot on the field in college.

None had “traits.” Anderson is a physical lottery ticket. Leach’s QBs were not those.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do we know what kind of offense the new school offers? Do we know the staff didn't sign off on this in the interest of him getting somewhere with higher pass volume? I don't know anything, real questions.
Spread. Basically the same offense he had in Jones Co. Very minute differences

pretty aggressive stance without knowing the backstory and rationale.

I think it’s simple at this point.

If you want to take 2 QBs this cycle (regardless of what Judd wants) then Judd is the perfect candidate to RS and mold over 2/3 years.

If you want to take 1 QB this cycle, it’s time to cut the ties and up the pressure on Hurley, Puglisi, Kaelin, CJ.
drop Judd. dont need to be wasting a ship there esp since a portal QB isnt guaranteed. pay the highest salary offered for an elite prospect esp if the offense clicks this year. the last thing we want is TVD coming back bc it means he was not special w

Advertisement
Doubt UM was in the dark, if this is true.
Yeah, I’m sure our guys knew or know, the circumstance or circumstances. They may not care one **** about how this kid is handling his business. Idk. I was talking about how I would personally feel about a kid that left his high school during the season, because he’s not the lone starter. My thing is…. “If you wanna be The Guy, prove it on the field.”

Kremlin doesn’t fly a red flag.
1693365044994.jpeg

Advertisement
Back