On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
drop Judd. dont need to be wasting a ship there esp since a portal QB isnt guaranteed. pay the highest salary offered for an elite prospect esp if the offense clicks this year. the last thing we want is TVD coming back bc it means he was not special w
I could not disagree more about TVD's draft stock. TVD could have a great season and still come back. Let say he does 3,400 yards 33 TDs with only 6 Ints. That's a heck of a season that breaks records... and he still might not be taken in the 1st. He could take a nice NIL bump, come back and then go for another 3,400 yards, 38 TDs and only 5 Ints... and then get looks for the 1st round. Next year's draft will have Calen Williams & Drake Maye. If Bo Nix has another big season at Oregon, he'll have shown more consistent play that Tyler.

Advertisement
Worst case, they get a portal kid next year. There should be some good ones available. We'll definitely know more if he's transferring to Warner Robbins. QB's with any kind of question mark don't seem to do well at the next level.

This isn't even a 'worst case' thing as it has become the norm. I don't know what the actual number turned/will turnout to be, but as of June Athlon sports was predicting that almost 2/3 of P5 starting QBs would be transfers this year. So far at least the following schools have all named QBs that were transfers as their starters for this year: Texas, ND, USC, Tenn, Alabama (probably), LSU, FSU and plenty of other highly ranked teams that I am sure that I am forgetting.

Just how many quarterbacks could be transfers in 2023? According to our research and Athlon Sports' own projections, 54 percent of college football's starting quarterbacks next year are likely to be transfers. A higher percentage (43 of 69 counting Notre Dame) of Power 5 programs are slated to start a transfer next fall. That percentage (63.2) drops to 44.3 (27 of 61) in the Group of 5 ranks. Three of the four FBS Independents could start a transfer in '23. Overall, 72 of the 133 projected starting quarterbacks for next season could potentially be a transfer.

Worst case, they get a portal kid next year. There should be some good ones available. We'll definitely know more if he's transferring to Warner Robbins. QB's with any kind of question mark don't seem to do well at the next level.

I'd be portal hunting for a QB every year. At the level of football we play, we shouldn't be taking guys like this. Four and five star QBs or you hit the transfer market...****, our biggest QB recruit last year wasn't Emory or Rashada...it was Tyler Van Dyke and making sure he was here for this year.

If Judd Anderson is a guy, he can go show out at Old Dominion or something and we can see whats up on the bounce back or, idk, we can get some other P5 transfer that is looking for a new home.

If Judd Anderson turns into the next Peyton Matocha, and is a quiet diploma getter...thats cool and all, but idk why we have scholarships for those types in 2023 and beyond.

I will say this about NFL draft 2024 and QBs. You got the top 2 right now no brainer picks in Maye and Caleb Williams.

The NFL is getting saturated with good young talented QBs also. So the team has to have a need there.

TVD could have a good season, and still be a 3rd or so type round pick.

I'm not 100% sure he automatically turns pro, If he has a solid season, and can see his game going up another level by coming back.

Maybe a Kenny Pickett type deal.

Advertisement
I was thinking the same thing but knew what he was saying. 😂😂 China Russia… close enough
Net, he was talking about this one comrade

1693401697619.png

Advertisement
I will say this about NFL draft 2024 and QBs. You got the top 2 right now no brainer picks in Maye and Caleb Williams.

The NFL is getting saturated with good young talented QBs also. So the team has to have a need there.

TVD could have a good season, and still be a 3rd or so type round pick.

I'm not 100% sure he automatically turns pro, If he has a solid season, and can see his game going up another level by coming back.

Maybe a Kenny Pickett type deal.
NFL needs QBs every year. Not enough good ones. Kids like Pickett or Howell who are starting now may not next year. Then you have older guys like Tannehill or Stafford who are probably washed after this year. If you show potential, you will go early. See Richardson this year, we don’t actually know if he understands the fundamentals of the forward pass yet he went 4.

NFL needs QBs every year. Not enough good ones. Kids like Pickett or Howell who are starting now may not next year. Then you have older guys like Tannehill or Stafford who are probably washed after this year. If you show potential, you will go early. See Richardson this year, we don’t actually know if he understands the fundamentals of the forward pass yet he went 4.
I know NFL teams reach for QB's every year.

I would say Falcons, Raiders, Rams, Vikings, Buccaneers, Patriots, maybe Titans.

You have Maye and Williams then Nix and Ewers. Penix is in the mix, TVD could rise up, but he could really propel himself to high draft stock coming back for that next years crop.

I know NFL teams reach for QB's every year.

I would say Falcons, Raiders, Rams, Vikings, Buccaneers, Patriots, maybe Titans.

You have Maye and Williams then Nix and Ewers. Penix is in the mix, TVD could rise up, but he could really propel himself to high draft stock coming back for that next years crop.
While I agree TVD should stay, I highly doubt a kid that was about to transfer would stay one more year.

After Purdy, every QB should be looking at the long term play of getting as many snaps in college as possible to get a bigger chance to play in the NFL not to mention longer tenure.

Advertisement
While I agree TVD should stay, I highly doubt a kid that was about to transfer would stay one more year.

After Purdy, every QB should be looking at the long term play of getting as many snaps in college as possible to get a bigger chance to play in the NFL not to mention longer tenure.

if he has a big year, hes not staying. dont set yourself up for disappointment when he declares.

I'm not a fan but I'll trust Dawson's eval. Worst case, I think he can try a move to TE. His stats show that he's pretty good grabbing boards.

Advertisement
Back