On Judd Anderson

View as article
Not at all but kids like Judd have gone to TTU and Washington State and other air raid offenses and put up huge numbers. 3 star kid with all the traits you want and you coach them to be a air raid qb. You always want Riaola or Sayin, but sometimes you get a kid who has the traits and make him into something.

But they really haven’t.

Leach didn’t make his living on raw QBs. It was the complete opposite. He largely took low ceiling, mechanically sound QBs.

That’s why so few of his QBs went on to the NFL and his coaching tree exploded with young OCs so quickly. They all went from the football field to GAs because none had NFL potential.

Advertisement
I'm not certain he's QB1 at his High School. First 2 games he was splitting reps with another QB. Not sure how that went in this game against Dracula

Thought those didn't count and were just jamberee/scrimmages. But the one was a blowout vs Burfod so not shocked they put in the other QB

Thought those didn't count and were just jamberee/scrimmages. But the one was a blowout vs Burfod so not shocked they put in the other QB
I believe Buford was the scrimmage/Jamboree. Last week they lost to Northside in a regular season game in which he and the other QB both went 5 for 10. They were leading going into the 4th and the other kid threw the only passing TD so it’s not like the other kid came in at garbage time.

This week they beat Dracula with him going 10-15 with 4 passing TDS and 2 rushing TDs and other kid going 3 for 8 with zero TDs

But they really haven’t.

Leach didn’t make his living on raw QBs. It was the complete opposite. He largely took low ceiling, mechanically sound QBs.

That’s why so few of his QBs went on to the NFL and his coaching tree exploded with young OCs so quickly. They all went from the football field to GAs because none had NFL potential.
Absolutely not true. Mike Leach did not care about mechanics at all or sound qbs. He only valued accuracy. Guys like Huepel and Minshew played under him. Terrible mechanics. And guys like Kingsbury who is very similar to Judd in HS as a 3 sport athlete but rated a 3 star qb with traits. And then there are other air raids such as TTU after leach left who took mahomes with only traits and no mechanics as a 3 star. But to say the air raids just took sound qbs with low ceilings is absurd. Leach had Couch and Huepel who threw off their back feet and sidearm most plays.

Advertisement
Heard he’s transferring to Warner Robins. If true, he better put his big boys pants on because that’s big time football. Games against Dacula are gone lol elite schedule and high expectations. Don’t really understand how in season transfers work though foreign concept to me

But they really haven’t.

He wanted SMART quarterbacks. He wanted the QB that didn't need the practice reps to understand the offense (this is also a trait to make a long career for yourself in the NFL as a 2nd/3rd string QB).

Look at how many former Leach QBs or Leach adjacent QBs are now coaches and fast tracked coordinators after their career is over, as you pointed out. Its because of what was between the ears.

Heard he’s transferring to Warner Robins. If true, he better put his big boys pants on because that’s big time football. Games against Dacula are gone lol elite schedule and high expectations. Don’t really understand how in season transfers work though foreign concept to me
Well that is exactly what we want then as we can see him play with what I assume would be higher quality teammates and coaching, but also higher caliber competition.

Advertisement
1693332927017.png

I’m still in wait and see. He’s still got a whole season. He’s not producing after 4-5 games then I’ll have more questions.

He was a disaster the first two games, then played well against a curb-stomper in Dacula. The first two games were enough for me considering his junior year. But I'm totally fine waiting to see the next few, as well. It's not like his verbal stops Mario/Dawson from looking at their options.

Good. Now everyone will KNOW. Assuming he even starts at the new school.

Jake Garcia did that in GA, so I assume Judd could too. Still not a good look IF TRUE.
Yeah I remember but I think Jake played at one school a couple of games then the GHSAA rules his transfer into that school from out of state ineligible then allowed him to transfer to another school. This is a kid transferring to another school in season within the same county I believe. Another thing is the school Jake transferred to had already played or didn't have his new school on schedule. Warner Robbins plays Jones County the second to last game of the year. As bad as the Jake thing was this just seems like the sort of thing a State Athletic Association would look to flex its muscle on.

Advertisement
Fellas…. waiting on some confirmation, but I’m hearing something is up wit Judd. Can’t say more yet. It has NOTHING to do with his commitment to us, so don’t get too crazy, 😂Right now it’s just a rumor. Once I get confirmation that it’s real or if I fout its fake, I’ll let y’all know.

Sounds like some bull****.

He wanted SMART quarterbacks. He wanted the QB that didn't need the practice reps to understand the offense (this is also a trait to make a long career for yourself in the NFL as a 2nd/3rd string QB).

Look at how many former Leach QBs or Leach adjacent QBs are now coaches and fast tracked coordinators after their career is over, as you pointed out. Its because of what was between the ears.
Thats fair. Judd is a straight A student and 3 sport athlete.

Advertisement
Worst case, they get a portal kid next year. There should be some good ones available. We'll definitely know more if he's transferring to Warner Robbins. QB's with any kind of question mark don't seem to do well at the next level.

Warner Robins and Jones County are the exact same classification and division and almost play the exact same schedule

Warner Robins has Valdosta in a little over a week and they'll get whooped.

They also have Houston County later this year - from a higher classification - and Houston County will probably let them have it too.

At Jones County he has Perry and Peach County (both smaller classification but good football programs) instead of Valdosta and HC - then the exact same schedule in region play

Advertisement
Back