On Judd Anderson

View as article
Also he told me there's a few HS football YouTubers that were in attendance so some highlights are probably coming. Possible that they just focus on the prominent kids at Buford or even just Raiola but there might be something out there soon. One of them was called "Under the Radar"
under the radar is pretty big deal so we will get to see a good bit of highlights there.

Advertisement
Here's the full scrimmage for those wanting a further look at Judd:

- 14:19 is the INT on Judd's first pass, an underthrown deep ball, that was reversed on a BS PI call as @JayCane20 mentioned in his detailed breakdown.
- Strip sacked when trying to escape to his left at 15:15.
- The dual-threat backup QB came in on the very next series starting at the 20:00 mark.
- 23:08 is a WR screen from Judd to OU WR commit Zion Ragins that Ragins takes up the sideline for a first down. Ragins clearly showed he belonged in this game, especially with his KR TD on the opening kickoff.
- 27:58 is a beautiful TD pass from Judd's dual-threat backup.
- Judd comes back in the game on the next series. 32:38 shows Judd under heavy pressure and he makes an ill-advised throw that floats in the air forever. Luckily it hits the turf and isn't picked off.
- Judd makes his best throw so far at the 33:00 mark on a 10-yard comeback route, but then airmails a WR screen to Ragins on the very next throw.
- 33:18 looks like Judd's dropped pick-six that JayCane was referring to in his post. Would've been a walk-in TD for #24 on Buford.
- Nice throw on the money by Judd at 34:00.
- 39:44 is an attempted screen pass by Judd. No bueno.
- Judd rolls out to his right at 48:58, indecisively waits too long, and puts the short throw in a dangerous spot amidst heavy traffic.

Last edited:
Got some feedback on this scrimmage from someone there doing some scouting on Buford

Keep in mind Buford is arguably one of the best teams in America and probably a top 5 defense in the country.

Judd started the game and threw a pick but it got reversed on a BS PI call on Buford. Went on to get strip sacked on the same drive and then Jones County recovered and he threw a lame duck incompletion to end the drive.

Not sure if it was part of the plan all along because it was a scrimmage or if they're going to do this all year or even if it was a result of that drive but they put in a younger dual threat QB and he actually made a few plays and kept them in the game somewhat - including a big 35-40 yard TD pass as he got drilled in the pocket.

Went back to Judd and he dinked and dunked and handed off a few times and didn't do anything. Then put a pick 6 right in the defenders chest that jumped a short out route and he dropped it.

Backup QB #16 got a few more drives and really didn't do a lot himself after throwing that impressive TD early in the game. Up to that point #16 definitely looked tougher, more poised, and more comfortable and competitive than Judd, but neither was doing a lot against this defense.

Judd flashed big in the 3rd quarter dodging some pressure and moving up in the pocket and put a dot in the back of the end zone but it went through the WRs hands. Made a decent short throw and handed a few times and then drilled a TD in the back corner of the end zone. Actually looked solid when he got time to throw and they let him drive it down field.

Overall, he looked uncomfortable and very meh. Said he had several lame ducks when he had to catch and throw quickly. Very clunky in his mechanics and when it's not in sync it doesn't come out of his hand right and doesn't have any velocity on it.

Can move in the pocket and had some pressure in the pocket where guys were dragging him down but he was big enough to stand in and just throw the ball out to avoid the sack. Made a few decent short throwing rolling to his right. Never drove it down field moving in the pocket. Can't throw at all going to his left.

Pretty decent deep ball with touch. Short and intermediate game is bad. Person giving me the information said he's definitely a P5 prospect but he's at least 2-3 years away once he gets to college. Watching him vs Raiola was not even in the same stratosphere and it was obvious in all elements of both kid's game.

He'll put up better numbers than he did a year ago, even if they use the 2 QB system. Not everyone will be Buford that he plays. But overall he'd be surprised if he ever played at Miami. If he does, probably more indicative of Miami than of Judd. Possibly could get on the field 3-4 years down the road at a program like GT, Texas Tech, Houston, West Virginia, etc. but better served as developmental at a UAB, Georgia State, or Tulane type program.
per our conversation @cribby👆👆👆

I'm not going to cap... I am more than okay with some of the 3 star evals this staff has taken.

I believe Plazz/Pruitt/Thomas/Shavers and Hellcat/ Broussard all can easily move up into 4 star territory once the season commences. That is nust an awesome job by the staff evaluating talent early and locking them in before they explode.

But with Judd I don't see it. His ceiliing Is a 3 star mid power 5 QB and would probably be best served to play in a G5 conference. That's keeping it 💯

Advertisement
0% chance we drop this kid lol. Coaches love Judd and he's been recruiting his a$$ off for us since he committed. With the portal, not worried about QB room at all. They'll figure it out.
You should always be worried about that QB Room. It’s the most important position on the field and the portal is never a guarantee. Also, skill recruits want to know who will be in that room.

Last edited:
Hot Sauce Crying GIF by First We Feast: Hot Ones

Advertisement
Advertisement
My thing is, this kid is a super project and we’re going portal next year and he probably never plays here. Why not just take chaminade qb to help recruit the wrs and the rest of the mg ravens squad? That would make more sense since u cant lure them with a top prospect like air
Miami just doesn’t learn when it comes to S.Fla QBs. 🤦🏾‍♂️

I just don’t see it on this one. I guess we’ll see how the season goes but it looks and feels like a big reach
This may be one of those situations where the potential is wayyy better than player. And tbh, this is probably the best defense he’s gonna face this year. Im wit u cribb. I wanna see hiw much he progresses this season.

Advertisement
I just don’t see it on this one. I guess we’ll see how the season goes but it looks and feels like a big reach
Don’t think anyone does. Seems like a great kid but doesn’t seem to be Miami caliber even as the second qb.

The NFL and NCAA football have always fascinated me with drafting and/or recruiting kids based on potential. It’s like their egos just desperately need to feel vindicated by finding the diamond in the rough.

If a kid doesn’t produce in college it stands to reason he’s not gonna in the pros. If he doesn’t dominate high school it stands to reason he won’t dominate college.

No idea where this kid ultimately ends up because there’s always exceptions but we will see. Emory was far more impressive at this point to me than this kid but…alas…

Advertisement
Back