On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
Rashada was 44. 6th ranked QB. Put him with a Ty Simpson(Bama), Devin brown(OSU), Sam huard(UDUB) Brock vandargriff (UGA), Kaiden salter (TENN)..247 is a tool u can use..but those are few

As I said.

Go back the last 5 years and look up Top 50 overall recruits.

Tell how many were QBs.

And list those QBs.

D$ is always one of the first guys I text with about prospects because I have so much respect for his perspective and down-to-earth thoughts.

Plus, he’s an awesome hype guy and I tend to be a guy who sees lots of flaws, so thanks for this, D.

You’re certainly not wrong because of the transfer portal, Python your money elsewhere and targeting transfers at the position when you need them is smart.
It’s not that I don’t agree with DMoney on this… but that wasn’t the coaches preferred strategy. They wanted Air because having a big time QB prospect is important regardless of the fail rate. Yes a chunk don’t succeed but they do more often than the “developmental” guys.

I hate the idea of punting to the transfer portal and hoping these diamonds in the rough develop.

I and many others would rather have our QB of the future in the fold.

Williams wasn’t tagged as “developmental” really.
The knock on him was there wasn’t a ton of upside there.

He was actually the opposite extreme. A higher floor, lower ceiling guy.
Combined with a high ceiling, but really low floor guys.

The windshield wiper strategy to QB recruiting is not a good one.
Not sure I agree with lower ceiling but you are making 2 assumptions: (1) we are done at QB recruiting and (2) we are not breaking in a transfer QB in December.

Advertisement
It’s not that I don’t agree with DMoney on this… but that wasn’t the coaches preferred strategy. They wanted Air because having a big time QB prospect is important regardless of the fail rate. Yes a chunk don’t succeed but they do more often than the “developmental” guys.

I hate the idea of punting to the transfer portal and hoping these diamonds in the rough develop.

I and many others would rather have our QB of the future in the fold.

It’s not even a strategy you can really sell.

“Don‘t worry, there *will* be a big time QB in portal next year, and don‘t worry, we *will* land him.”

The coaching staff doesn’t even control any of that.

You can’t guarantee there will be game changers at QB in any given year in the portal (see this year).
And you can’t guarantee, if there are a few, they will want to have anything to do with us. And even if they are kinda interested, we will land them.

We were begging for a big time WR in the portal. We ended up settling for a JUCO and a guy coming off an injury. Because that was as good as it was going to get.

Not sure I agree with lower ceiling but you are making 2 assumptions: (1) we are done at QB recruiting and (2) we are not breaking in a transfer QB in December.

I’m not making any assumption.
It just can’t really be discussed because right now those QBs would be a figment of our imagination.

Advertisement
If the offense is productive this year, you’ll see a much easier path to QB recruiting, but it will also be attractive to a transfer QB to have the chance to take the job.

I fully expect the starter next year to be a transfer.

There is a ton of pressure on Dawson this season to field a competitive offense, not just for now, but for next year, to ease the negative recruiting that people do against Cristobal. If TVD has his draft stock tanked by Cristobal’s offense, people will say he couldn’t get the most of Herbert or TVD and it’ll be incredibly difficult to get actual ready-made QB’s.
Well he certainly tanked TVD with the idiotic hire of Gattis. I was one of the guys who raised holy **** when he hired Gattis. It was a brain dead hire, but Mario was trying to build a run first offense built in his vision. The same thing that hurt Herbert to a degree despite that roster being built better for it. Someone could have kindly told him Gattis was not a fit down here, but guys on that level making that sort of $ are typically very stubborn and likely will not listen to anybody else.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But then you should have an issue with this QB take.

If next year is Brown, a raw guy who right now has not yet developed into a QB that can start, then it’s bad recruiting to take another Brown in this class.
But Brown shouldn’t be “Raw” this time next year. **** he will be 3 yrs removed from High school. If he still raw after 3 yrs removed, then something went wrong on that evaluation. If heen ready to start after 3 years of training, then he probably won’t ever be ready.

But Brown shouldn’t be “Raw” this time next year. **** he will be 3 yrs removed from High school. If he still raw after 3 yrs removed, then something went wrong on that evaluation. If heen ready to start after 3 years of training, then he probably won’t ever be ready.

Most raw prospects are never ready.

Brown never being ready would actually be the norm.

Exactly. Dude is going strictly off star rankings. 99% of HS QBs are projects coming to CFB..very rare any of this top guys live up to their rankings because it’s all projections and their rankings are correlated with others in that class..if it’s a weak QB class any given year the top guys might not be that good..to say well Judd and Emory are just projects is foolish..they all are.

Advertisement
Back