On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
That’s how you think the portal works? You think a guy like Leary is going to look to come and have his status to start in question by competing with TVD?? Do you think schools just pick who they want???

Yes. I am new to all of this. Here to learn everything I can from you. Until just a second ago, I thought the portal was like going to the mall and just grabbing the newest items at the Apple Store, but we just shopped at Walmart instead and always after the Black Friday door busters were gone.

I suppose you ignored all the posts on CIS on TVD looking … which means we should have been looking … and we may well have been because Mario is super stealth to begin with so no way he was tipping that one off…

I think your real answer is “we went all in on TVD, vs looking to the portal for 2023”

Advertisement
Emory will be the starter next year unless we get a truly elite transfer.

Book it!

I think he could be, but it would behoove Mario and Co to bring in a veteran to compete for starter.

Hopefully next year the room looks like:

Brown - RS Sophomore
Emory - Sophomore
Insert Veteran Here
Judd - FR
Insert 2nd ‘24 recruit here

The PWO Lawrence stashed away

Someone will transfer out if they group when the dust settles but we need a wide range in the group competing fresh for #1.

Dream scenario TVD has a very good year but not quite one of the top QBs and decides to stay focusing on a possible round 1-2 draft grade for the ‘25 draft. If this is the case we could not worry about bringing in the veteran portal option.

If we had kept only Rashada last year, would you have viewed things the same as you do with Emory? Rashada as only a #2?

The reason I ask is that in this very setting, Emory outplayed him by quite a bit.

I haven't watched much of anything on Judd. I've been down this elite 11 road many times and there's one thing that doesn't shock me about their results year to year. They generally already know who will advance before the camp even happens. I've seen it too many times where the "supposed elite" prospect comes in, gets outplayed, but still advances while the standout performer gets sent home. It's not just the Elite 11 that does this either.
Yep. There was no way the invite for the Atlanta event wasn’t going to Air Noland.

I don’t pay any attention to that event any more. It’s really irrelevant. CJ Stroud is probably one of the only “unknown” guys who actually made a name for himself at the Finals.

Exactly. Dude is going strictly off star rankings. 99% of HS QBs are projects coming to CFB..very rare any of this top guys live up to their rankings because it’s all projections and their rankings are correlated with others in that class..if it’s a weak QB class any given year the top guys might not be that good..to say well Judd and Emory are just projects is foolish..they all are.
Facts .

Advertisement
Yes. I am new to all of this. Here to learn everything I can from you. Until just a second ago, I thought the portal was like going to the mall and just grabbing the newest items at the Apple Store, but we just shopped at Walmart instead and always after the Black Friday door busters were gone.

I suppose you ignored all the posts on CIS on TVD looking … which means we should have been looking … and we may well have been because Mario is super stealth to begin with so no way he was tipping that one off…

I think your real answer is “we went all in on TVD, vs looking to the portal for 2023”
That TVD report was really a 1week thing that popped up with Bama..but aye man I’m here for you. If you have any questions just ask..

Why yall always think the only way to perform is to bring in new players. I believe in Jacurri and Emory. Yall man downing them because they were not highly ranked. Yall man remember the first time we played Henden Hooker when he was at VT? Compare that to what he was last season in a new pass friendly system. If either of our guys are not ready we will bring in a guy from the portal. Tennessee starting QB is from the portal thats ready to go. Thats the new reality.

You aren't getting a transfer worth a **** to sit in 2023. You will definitely have a good shot in December finding a quality transfer to compete for the starting job in 2024.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Brown was good enough to go into Columbus and beat OSU, and was on a NFL roster..he was a transfer to Oregon..I mean, what..
Brown was inconsistent & generally a train wreck. Kudos to Mario & Oregon for winning as much as did with him.

Everyone is a project until the lights come on and you see what they can do on a good team and against good comp.

Every year we have teams that put up numbers yet their qb and receivers go undrafted.

I just feel like Jacurri has something that will only come out when the say “here are the Keyes”.
Plenty of nfl qb’s and even HOF’ers we’re not elite recruits or even elite college qb’s.
We had dudes in here saying that TVD was not the dude after he replaced King in the Bama game.

Let’s face the facts and say that no qb was gonna succeed on last years squad with last years oc.
Anyone saying JB needs a lot of work because of last year might as well also say let TVD walk for a new transfer guy.

The same dude that couldn’t move our team into the end zone from the 2 yards is the same dude Bama was after.

You give jb an elite squad and we legit have a chance to make a run.

Does he need work? Everyone needs work. But to say he’s not the one is a bit premature imo.

Alot of these raw prospects btwz work out because they accept they need to work on things, the fans accept it as well. Just like yall say Jacurri aint ready.

The top 5 QB gets that ranking and mofos think they are a NFL QB so they are starting soon as things not working. When in reality they as well should have been working on stuff.

As others have said they are all projects. 247 put a ranking on them and man think they are not or they are in case of Judd. There are very few Andrew Luck's who have advanced QB IQs.

I want recruits with raw tools and upside. Big arm, speed, leaping ability, great size. 🐾🐾🐾. Then we know we wont be overmatched against any team

Top 50 QBs from 2018. Interpret however you wish.

1684097344884.png

Advertisement
Back