On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
That’s for sure.

You’d be happier if Rashada signed with Miami?

Because that’s the only realistic change that we could have had in the QB room for next year.

IMHO he wouldn’t have moved the needle that much.

Rashada may have been an illusion of successful recruiting vs reality. We’ll see how he plays out in college. But the other offseason situation appears to be that TVD was looking to bounce, he didn’t, Jake did, then TVD sniffed Bama or vice versa. Jake may prove to be a non loss but the TVDing prevented any realistic chance to portal in a QB…. with word that TVD was less than 100 committed to the team last season, I don’t really love that whole dynamic…

That’s literally the story for majority of CFB..we just saw Bama have to add a potential starter post spring practice..there’s probably 5 programs in which there starting QB can get hurt or **** the bed & the drop off to 2 isn’t substantial

Our drop off is off a cliff…

Not sure what being a transfer have to do with anything. So you’d be OK with Brown as QB1 at Miami?
Yes, I’d have no issue with a guy like that winning a job and performing like he did 1 yr at Oregon. do you watch CFB at all other than your perception of guys? Brown was not bad at Oregon..and I’m not saying he was Caleb Williams or bryce young..ppl on this board probably think Nix or a guy hooker were scrubs too.. lot of times it’s fit and what’s around you.

If the offense is productive this year, you’ll see a much easier path to QB recruiting, but it will also be attractive to a transfer QB to have the chance to take the job.

I fully expect the starter next year to be a transfer.

There is a ton of pressure on Dawson this season to field a competitive offense, not just for now, but for next year, to ease the negative recruiting that people do against Cristobal. If TVD has his draft stock tanked by Cristobal’s offense, people will say he couldn’t get the most of Herbert or TVD and it’ll be incredibly difficult to get actual ready-made QB’s.
Emory will be the starter next year unless a truly elite transfer beats him for the job.

Book it!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes, I’d have no issue with a guy like that winning a job and performing like he did 1 yr at Oregon. do you watch CFB at all other than your perception of guys? Brown was not bad at Oregon..and I’m not saying he was Caleb Williams or bryce young..ppl on this board probably think Nix or a guy hooker were scrubs too.. lot of times it’s fit and what’s around you.

Yes. I watched Brown at Oregon. “Not that bad” is exactly what I am talking about. We’ve had not that bad. We need and should be able to get “good”…

Rosier was not that bad…and while many appreciated his 2017, that level does not raise the bar here as QB1… and my issue this year is that level would be way above where we sit at QB2 today and arguably on par with TVD when he’s not on the top of his game.

There’s just no reason for us to be in a position where we are loading the QB unit up with raw toolsy guys that are years away from playing.

QB recruiting needs to get fixed, and quick.
Every HS prospects is a “raw toolsy guys”..even the hyped ones

Advertisement
Yes. I watched Brown at Oregon. “Not that bad” is exactly what I am talking about. We’ve had not that bad. We need and should be able to get “good”…

Rosier was not that bad…and while many appreciated his 2017, that level does not raise the bar here as QB1… and my issue this year is that level would be way above where we sit at QB2 today and arguably on par with TVD when he’s not on the top of his game.
Lol I never said he was “not that bad”. He was good at Oregon..please don’t compare him to Malik..as I said before the guy is on a NFL roster..so I guess you know more than Ozzie newsome and Greg Roman..whodathunkit..a NFL GM and QB guru found on CIS lol..as for your conclusion that’s literally the situation for 95% of the sport

Too soon to give up on Jaccuri. His athleticism is off the charts and he has a strong arm. Accuracy and reading defenses will be the key (easier said than done). If Dawson develops him, watch out. The kid is a gamer and wants to be great. He will put in the work. No doubt.

Lol I never said he was “not that bad”. He was good at Oregon..please don’t compare him to Malik..as I said before the guy is on a NFL roster..so I guess you know more than Ozzie newsome and Greg Roman..whodathunkit..a NFL GM and QB guru found on CIS lol..as for your conclusion that’s literally the situation for 95% of the sport
Brown sucked at Oregon

Advertisement
But then you should have an issue with this QB take.

If next year is Brown, a raw guy who right now has not yet developed into a QB that can start, then it’s bad recruiting to take another Brown in this class.
Why do you think it won't be Williams? Williams was tagged as developmental, and it looks like he is further along than expected. Williams is an extremely hard worker. You don't need Anderson ready until 25 anyway. He gets his senior year this year and a redshirt in 24.

You bring in a quality transfer via the portal in December to compete in spring for the starting job.

Last edited:
Too soon to give up on Jaccuri. His athleticism is off the charts and he has a strong arm. Accuracy and reading defenses will be the key (easier said than done). If Dawson develops him, watch out. The kid is a gamer and wants to be great. He will put in the work. No doubt.
No one is giving up on Brown, but even HE wants a redshirt year.

There’s just no reason for us to be in a position where we are loading the QB unit up with raw toolsy guys that are years away from playing.

QB recruiting needs to get fixed, and quick.
Get fixed quick, to get rich quick, I got a scheme to get us some cream, real quick. I got a bridge to sell you near a ridge I tell you, real smooth lickity split so we can split this lick, it’ll be super, man, mister mxyzptlk…..

Advertisement
We need to sign a transfer qb right now in the portal to bring in the summer with atleast 2 years to compete for 24...allowing us to shirt Jacurri and Judd.
You aren't getting a transfer worth a **** to sit in 2023. You will definitely have a good shot in December finding a quality transfer to compete for the starting job in 2024.

We need to sign a transfer qb right now in the portal to bring in the summer with atleast 2 years to compete for 24...allowing us to shirt Jacurri and Judd.
Absolutely, Jaccuri most definitely needs a shirt and it’s crazy to expect TVD to be the only qb who is game ready.

You said not bad. The GM argument is message board bull****. Bottom line is Miami needs and should have better QB play and Anthony Brown level isn’t it. Mario needs to make it happen and so far the room has gone backwards with us having 1 game ready QB. Which is not 95% of the sport.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back