On Judd Anderson

View as article
It's a factor. But the biggest reason Ohio State is signing top WRs is because they are scoring points and producing first round WRs.

That's our biggest problem right now. Our best bet is to stay in the game with these WRs and then come with the money at the end. Same thing we tried with Innis, butI agree supported with a season of good offense.
I agree with all of this but I do think what also plays a BIG factor with OSU is their QB room. It's all tied together ...

Advertisement
Nothing against the kid and I hope he has a big senior year and surpasses everyone’s expectations. With that said as it stands today he’s a below average HS QB and that’s really not up for debate. I get the intrigue with the athleticism and arm strength but he’s a huge project.

Stars rankings don’t matter to me really outside of DL and CB and I don’t have an issue there. I’ve posted several other current 3 stars, Ethan Grunkemeyer, Danny O’Neil, and Tyler Cherry that all have similar arm strength but are light years ahead from a football IQ, accuracy, footwork and decision making standpoint. Cherry in particular is a similar sized prospect, playing on a top 20 national HS team and had 22 TDs to 5 picks and completed 65% of his passes, to Anderson’s 15:13 and 56.5%.
Nice but how did he do on the hardwood?? Can he pull off the impossible feat of dunking at 6’6??

Real question and not your gaslighting. Say for example we had a good team put together but the QB room is lacking and that was this offseason, do u think we would 1) have a chance with a player like Sam Hartman(corrected), and 2) would he be good enough to lead us to a ACC title and playoff birth? Because thats what i think of. Not needing to steal a Heisman trophy candidate.
I think Sam Hartman was the top rated Portal QB and that rules him out imo. We laugh and joke but Graham Mertz, Spencer Sanders or someone on that level seems more likely. We've been conservative in the portal sans a LG and Center. Neither of which command top dollar and both of which an OL focused coach would appeal to. If we've spent top dollar somewhere I missed it.

Just saying he's not the only one saying things like this. We have 1 football player committed, and he's a nobody (in terms of ranking, or local stature). Not a single kid is going to come to Miami to play with Judd Anderson, at this point.

And of course I'm not saying that Newberg's opinion or a 1 minute video is the end all, be all. It's not Armageddon, as Cribby said, although you'd think it was by reading this board. I'm just saying that we need another QB, and most people are saying we'll get one, although who that guy might be, who the **** knows. And on April 10th, we have 1 commit.
Who else is saying it? Did our top 10 class last year, who was largely committed from May-June on commit to play with Jaden Rashada… who ultimately didn’t sign with us? I don’t even think this is a point remotely worth taking serious, especially when most of the top targets that we have around the country aren’t committed right now. I’ve followed recruiting far too long to be worried about commits in April. I’d have assumed the same for you, especially with the era of us being used as a placeholder early on only for a barrage of decommits later. We aren’t far removed from that. On3 is an unserious journalistic outlet. Wouldn’t spend too much time worried about what they’re putting out — especially Josh Newberg, who has been consistent with one thing over the past decade or so — trolling rival fans.

Miami fans: we want players who want to be Canes

Judd: i love the canes, im committing

Cway : Not you!!!

JJ: im a buckeye

Miami fans: we need to get him

Hahahah
If you are comparing a Day 1 impact WR to a possible year 3 QB you are more bat**** than anyone on CIS. If thats the case we should sign 1 legged punters and OL with no arms just because they want to be Canes. That want players that want to be Canes **** is a ripoff from the Gaytor copium. I want elite mfs that can put us on the map. Once the train gets rolling we can add these team spirit mfs.

Advertisement
Real question and not your gaslighting. Say for example we had a good team put together but the QB room is lacking and that was this offseason, do u think we would 1) have a chance with a player like Sam Hartman(corrected), and 2) would he be good enough to lead us to a ACC title and playoff birth? Because thats what i think of. Not needing to steal a Heisman trophy candidate.
Part 2. I think a player of Sam Hartman caliber would help a good team win 10 games and a great team 15 games. He's not a Day 1 draft pick and he has limited tools but he can operate within a system and not be a liability. Whereas a guy like Caleb Williams can take a mediocre team and turn them into a CFB contender.

Jesus De Christo.

Did I not say if u’re going to have a 3-star QB, u better have a rock star RB behind them or a team full of stars around them?

My point in bringing up both Herbert & Mahomes is despite putting up great #’s, they couldn’t carry their teams to victory. Remember, the narrative is Mario held Herbert back; I don’t necessarily agree w/ that, but tis the narrative.

Listen, I can put up all the graphics showing u’re in a much better position w/ a blue chip QB than a 3-star QB. I can say that since 2004, 67% of all Heisman winning QBs were blue chips. I can put up a graphic showing the overwhelming W/L record of starting blue chip QBs vs. 3 star QBs. I know none of that will matter.

I’ve seen this board justify so many diamond in the rough prospects that I’ve become numb to it.

If ppl r going to die on the hill of Judd being a QB1 type, go ahead. It’s just the hypocrisy of this board that continues to moan & groan about not being able to keep up w/ the haves in CFB, but rush to defend every freggin diamond in rough prospect & the mental gymnastics needed to do so. So again, unless we’re going to pull in 5-star running backs, & elite WRs to compliment a lower ranked QB, or somehow Lincoln Riley or Chip Kelly’s magic Playbook show up at our front door, I ain’t really got time for it. If Judd is running a 4.3 like Lamar, sign me up.
I don’t mind the kid as QB2 so let’s get that out of the way. In terms of this back and forth on talent, I always abide by this one simple rule… what would I say if player X committed to FSU or UF?

Advertisement
It's not a strawman, it's the root of the argument.

I said if we're going to spend big on QBs, we should get proven Portal kids. They're safer bets and other positions are harder to find in the Portal. Somebody disagreed and said that Top 100 QBs are a "good investment." @Cryptical Envelopment nuked that argument pretty quick, noting that 70% of those kids transfer and are often beaten out by lower-ranked players. I also noted that teams win championships without elite QB recruits (including the past four years) but never win without elite DLs.

As far as your list, it includes Mac Jones (a three star), Tua (who played two quarters) and Cam Newton (a transfer). But the rest of the post reveals another issue. You said:

Are you suggesting that Mahomes and Herbert weren't better players in college than, say, an AJ McCarron? They were a million times better. McCarron just played on a better team. QB is unique in that the truly elite players are almost all non-elite recruits. You don't see that at DL with guys like Jeffrey Simmons, Dexter Lawrence, Chris Jones, Myles Garrett and the Bosas (all five stars).

That doesn't mean a blue-chip QB isn't more likely to succeed than a non-blue chip-- of course they are. That's true at every position. But blue-chip QBs bust more than other positions, and the truly elite guys are usually the product of evals. That tells me the smart play is to pay big money for the proven commodities and chase cheap upside in high school kids.
I don’t have an issue with the chasing upside argument to a degree but it seems that there were a lot of upside guys with better foundations than this guy who we could have had as was stated by @apfenny3 a couple times. They must really like this guy to ignore all those guys ahead of him in terms of production.

Advertisement
Ill be watching what the kid does this season. @cway313 u eating crow. Auburn and them gonna come after him and u gonna be begging please dont leave us, Judd. I see the error of my ways

Lol. We can only hope.

25DC626F-3EA9-4744-832C-FEE79FE7B6A5.gif

Advertisement
We’d be destroying them. We’ve done it before to them in Gator Tears.
And the part we would be destroying them is about the spin. It’s not the kid’s fault, and it’s ****** for him. As stated, the take is fine for QB2 but the optics and the spin after is worthy of Canes Tears. I would have told the kid to wait, personally.

Ill be watching what the kid does this season. @cway313 u eating crow. Auburn and them gonna come after him and u gonna be begging please dont leave us, Judd. I see the error of my ways
I will be in full tuxedo t-shirt praying to baby Jesus that this comes true.

If it does, I pledge to have the thiccest crow of all.

Advertisement
Back