On Judd Anderson

View as article
I'll eat some crow in a few years should he ever play for us...but, I'd be surprised if he ever played a meaningful snap here.

You don't need to take these kinds of players with the transfer portal anymore, unless you need the next Matocha to eat a scholarship until they graduate.

We'll see, I guess.
This staffs Payton Matocha, let’s hope he’s a 2nd qb in this class

Advertisement
GIF by LoveIndieFilms

Advertisement
How high were Dorsey and Walsh rated.
I think each did well here

Walsh was a major national recruit from a powerhouse HS program that also produced Joe Mauer, Seantrel Henderson, Chris Weinke, Michael Floyd, Matt Birk, and Paul Monitor among others. Getting his commitment was considered a major win for JJ.

Dorsey wasn’t a major national recruit like Walsh he still would be considered a high 4 star recruit In todays terms. He choose Miami over Tennessee and UCLA. Both programs were absolutely rolling at the time.

If he hits, no one will remember the negativity of this moment. I respect him and hope he makes me look little a stupid little jerk.

I don’t mind the take, I do mind Mario’s train wreck offensive recruiting.
He is fine as QB2, having him commit on the eve of losing our first choice QB1 is what people are bummed about. Not to mention he is the first 24 commit. It’s a let down. It’s not the kid’s fault but the optics and timing of it is off. We would be clowning FSU or UF if this situation played out for them.

Advertisement
People keep talking about grabbing a QB from the portal aren't thinking clearly.

Do you know what kind of offer it'll take to land an legit established starter? High school players are getting millions. So.. every bit of that.

Oh and that's only IF a good QB even enters the portal. Then all we'll have to do is fight off every other school that needs QB, hope our 7 figure offer is good enough and pray he's better than Mario's last transfer QB, Anthony ****** Brown.

I really hope we don't end up settling on some group of 5 transfer to be our game manager either.

I remember a time where Peyton Matocha was crowned; I recall the board gassing Cade Weldon as a better version of his pops on here. I recall on other boards the fan affair for Preston Dewey & Gary Crow. I also know what was said about Emory after losing out on Rashada (although I didn’t want him here.)

So now to soften the blow of Air Noland, we have the narrative that independent of Noland, Judd was our guy.

Right now Judd is the 1,013th ranked player in the nation & 61st ranked QB.

Just to add a little context for the crowd who sees 3 star QBs who are in the NFL:

-Mahomes: 3* (398th ranked / 22nd ranked QB)
-Josh Allen: 3* (199th ranked / 5th ranked QB JUCO)
-Aaron Rodgers: 3* (53rd ranked / 2nd ranked QB JUCO)
-Justin Herbert: 3* (659th ranked / 26th ranked QB)
-Dak Prescott: 3* (601st ranked / 20th ranked QB)
-Lamar Jackson: 3* (409th ranked / 12th ranked QB)
-Brock Purdy: 3* (839th ranked / 36th ranked QB)
-Kenny Pickett: 3* (738th ranked / 33rd ranked QB)
-Mac Jones: 3* (399th ranked / 18th ranked QB)

Current NFL draft hopefuls:
Stetson Bennett: 3* (159th ranked / 6th ranked QB JUCO)
Will Levis: 3* (652nd ranked / 28th ranked QB)
Clayton Tune: 3* (827th ranked / 35th ranked QB)

Do you notice the trend? All these 3* QBs were sub 1000th ranked, & top 50 in the nation at their position. The only two exceptions I saw were both Russell Wilson & Kirk Cousins who were ranked outside the top 1000, but they were ranked top 50 at their position (Wilson - 25th & Cousins - 49th)

I haven’t seen enough of this kid to make a definitive decision on my feelings about this, but just on paper, this is a very meh commit. Hopefully he’s an under the radar kid, but here’s what I know about CFB: the QB is thee most important position on the field. It’s the engine of the team; we need to get this right, & not wish upon a star.

I don't know **** about this kid but, I will say that none of these numbers are based on what these guys did as JRs in high school.

I hope the staff has accepted his commitment expecting a much better performance as a high school SR and hopefully he lays down some film that earns him a legit high3/low4 star grade.

Still not what we want in a QB1 recruit but a stellar SR year will make this take more tolerable if he ends up being the sole high school recruit for this class.

Advertisement
Here are my two thoughts:
1. I believe that 9 months from now, we will be very happy with this class, possibly with another QB in the fold. We'll look back on today as just something we had to get through.
2. This reminds me of when the Bears traded up to draft Mitch Trubisky #2 overall. Biggest night of the kid's life, but Bears fans were not impressed and were total jerks about it. I kind of felt bad for the kid, but the fans ended up being 100% right about him.

I gotta be real..... I don't like this take even as a #2 QB. Do the "Big Boys" take guys with these numbers? I thought we're supposed to be stacking talent.

Maybe I would feel better if he was allowed to commit AFTER we already had our #1.
Numbers can be deceiving and he’s a prospect. No one is looking at him to play year 1 or 2.

Need to take a second qb in this class though

Advertisement
Walsh was a major national recruit from a powerhouse HS program that also produced Joe Mauer, Seantrel Henderson, Chris Weinke, Michael Floyd, Matt Birk, and Paul Monitor among others. Getting his commitment was considered a major win for JJ.

Dorsey wasn’t a major national recruit like Walsh he still would be considered a high 4 star recruit In todays terms. He choose Miami over Tennessee and UCLA. Both programs were absolutely rolling at the time.
Dorsey was also a two sport letterman in football & basketball & was a USA Today Honorable Mention for the All-USA Selection. The rankings were quite different back then, but he for sure would’ve been a 4 star QB by today’s rating formula.

People are ****ting their pants on a 3-star QB commit for the 2024 class in April of 2023.

In other news, grass is green and CIS gonna CIS...

If you are going to get this upset over a commit, here are some steps for you to take:

1. Open a window.

2. Go outside. You know, where the light is.

3. STOP CARING SO MUCH ABOUT RECRUITING HIGH SCHOOL KIDS THIS EARLY.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Advertisement
Back