On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
Creekside wins 35-14.

My thoughts after seeing Judd for the first time: the tools are obvious but I'm worried about his instincts. His vision is lacking. You can tell that he was a big man in basketball instead of a guard. On the bright side, he is a better athlete than I expected. Developmental QB all the way and you're betting on work ethic to maximize the tools.
Agreed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
🤣 no comment after that 4th down run he earned grace from me.
I mean, yeah, I get it. But that doesn’t mean we hit on him. He couldn’t hit on the most simple of throws during the FSU game. X was wide effing open in the middle all day and he kept throwing behind him. He did throw a nice fade to JG and also got lucky on the bomb to JG. Dont think we are aggressively going after a starter in the portal if the staff felt like they hit on him.

I mean, yeah, I get it. But that doesn’t mean we hit on him. He couldn’t hit on the most simple of throws during the FSU game. X was wide effing open in the middle all day and he kept throwing behind him. He did throw a nice fade to JG and also got lucky on the bomb to JG. Dont think we are aggressively going after a starter in the portal if the staff felt like they hit on him.
Brother I'm in no way shape or form an Emory believer. You are barking up the wrong tree. My comment was the chances of hitting on 3* is slim and we are trying to do it twice.

Advertisement
🤣 no comment after that 4th down run he earned grace from me.

Love the young man's leadership qualities. Jury is still out on whether he'll be a high quality game manager, let alone a championship QB. ... and I know you feel the same way.

On a separate note, I'm fine with taking developmental HS QBs as long as we are successful taking proven elite portal QBs whenever those developmental QBs don't develop. That last part is why I chew my fingernails.

Advertisement
Love the young man's leadership qualities. Jury is still out on whether he'll be a high quality game manager, let alone a championship QB. ... and I know you feel the same way.

On a separate note, I'm fine with taking developmental HS QBs as long as we are successful taking proven elite portal QBs whenever those developmental QBs don't develop. That last part is why I chew my fingernails.
This is the same craziness D$ is peddaling. This is a terrible strategy. It is terrible roster construction and is guaranteedto fail. I remember a time when we pretended the portal wasn't sustainable now we are going the opposite way and putting all our stock in it. We have 0 history of developing QBs the last 20 years.

Not only is it lazy but what happens when we sign an elite portal QB and he turns out to be Devin Leary? What happens when we sign an elite portal QB and he gets injured? The whole theory is short sighted and ruins competition. We can't hand a job to someone new repeatedly.

I wish we had fans that knew something about football.
Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

Advertisement
Back