On Burroughs

Our staff got a front row seat to Clark.
They did, and hopefully this isnt another Lichenstein situation. I remember big Joe and Mario talking about all the problems he gave them at oregon when they played USC every year. Stat wise I think they are on par, but Clark does have a bit of an injury bug.

I doubt we get a player with LT's ceiling in the portal so desperately need that consistency and Guidry to keep up with the creative fronts and scheme up some pressure.

Advertisement
They did, and hopefully this isnt another Lichenstein situation. I remember big Joe and Mario talking about all the problems he gave them at oregon when they played USC every year. Stat wise I think they are on par, but Clark does have a bit of an injury bug.

I doubt we get a player with LT's ceiling in the portal so desperately need that consistency and Guidry to keep up with the creative fronts and scheme up some pressure.
Clark is a big disruptor. He stuck out to me when I watched then a few times

Respectfully disagree and believe we absolutely need him.

JHH is stepping up, which is great to see. But he's no LT. Burroughs brings that interior force we're missing. I know @Brooklyndee is high on Horton. But if him and Moten were going to fill LT's shoes, we should have gotten glimpses of that vs. Rutgers. Instead they ran over us even when we knew they were running. So coaches have to plan for the worst even while hoping for the best with those two.
We absolutely need if not Burroughs than someone just like him. Regardless of Moten or Horton.

Licken****ter had me fooled too. When he was at sc the dude showed a high motor and was disruptive at times. Now the dudes arch nemesis is a ****** wedge. I think he's either gotten soft or he's gave up. Cause effort was never an issue. Now it's his biggest issue.

the problem with LT's "ceiling," .... is that he seldom showed it.

Advertisement
Everyone obsesses over the elite skill guys and they are important but the game is still truly won in the trenches. Bama, UGA and this year Michigan have been absolutely dominant on the DL and OL. We have to continue to stack and keep elite talent on the lines to have any chance of returning to glory.

Taylor was inconsistent but up for big games. Wr just need consistency inside and I think we’ll be fine
I agree 🐐. I’m the biggest LT56 fan eva & I must admit that he was inconsistent! But man when he wanted to play Football he kud turn the heat up in a heartbeat

Last edited:
Advertisement
We absolutely need if not Burroughs than someone just like him. Regardless of Moten or Horton.
I don’t know the story for Burroughs and how bad it really was but I would keep him. Need a mean DT here. Again this is without any knowledge on what he did if it was bad enough maybe yes let him go but saban always said give a guy another chance versus sending him back to the streets

I don’t know the story for Burroughs and how bad it really was but I would keep him. Need a mean DT here. Again this is without any knowledge on what he did if it was bad enough maybe yes let him go but saban always said give a guy another chance versus sending him back to the streets
So what does that say if Saban kicked him off the team and that's how he ended up here?

Advertisement
Close thread.
**** son.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back