On a level playing field

Advertisement
he was actually committed to texas AM and couldn't get in. the went after other targets when he couldn't qualify. lets not act like Golden went into Texas and took him from A&M. the fact is Golden missed on a couple of guys at the end and had some extra schollys and could wait on kids like Elder and Griffin

Didnt say he went and took him away but once again lets not act like every school just quit on the kid especially with all of their "academic standards". Yes, Golden missed out on a few guys and that happens to everybody and then he used them on Elder and Griffin who were both recruited by top schools

but teams did look elsewhere when Griffin couldn't qualify...

Every single team in the nation? Ok answer this, if you saw that Coley last year had issues qualifying and didn't get into UM immediately would you tell them to quit on him?

why does my opinion on what I would do if coley didn't qualify have to do with what happened with Griffin. fact is, if Golden had closed the way we hoped, we would have looked elsewhere too

Wow smh you're saying that he gets no credit for Griffin but you cant ansewr the simple question if the Coley was in that position for all that he's done for us already if you would do what Golden did in believing in the kid. If Griffin comes and beasts for us those fans will be *****ing for giving up. No coach is going 100% on recruits especially with an NCAA cloud on his school we aren't perfect but he **** sure doesnt suck

Didnt say he went and took him away but once again lets not act like every school just quit on the kid especially with all of their "academic standards". Yes, Golden missed out on a few guys and that happens to everybody and then he used them on Elder and Griffin who were both recruited by top schools

Every single team in the nation? Ok answer this, if you saw that Coley last year had issues qualifying and didn't get into UM immediately would you tell them to quit on him?

why does my opinion on what I would do if coley didn't qualify have to do with what happened with Griffin. fact is, if Golden had closed the way we hoped, we would have looked elsewhere too

Wow smh you're saying that he gets no credit for Griffin but you cant ansewr the simple question if the Coley was in that position for all that he's done for us already if you would do what Golden did in believing in the kid. If Griffin comes and beasts for us those fans will be *****ing for giving up. No coach is going 100% on recruits especially with an NCAA cloud on his school we aren't perfect but he **** sure doesnt suck

1. Coley's situation has nothing to do with Griffin
2. Coley knew he qualified before signing day, Griffin didn't
3. are u asking me if coley didn't qualify til the next year and i knew what I knows now, would I continue to recruit him? of course I would

Wow smh you're saying that he gets no credit for Griffin but you cant ansewr the simple question if the Coley was in that position for all that he's done for us already if you would do what Golden did in believing in the kid. If Griffin comes and beasts for us those fans will be ****ing for giving up. No coach is going 100% on recruits especially with an NCAA cloud on his school we aren't perfect but he **** sure doesnt suck

3. are u asking me if coley didn't qualify til the next year and i knew what I knows now, would I continue to recruit him? of course I would

Wow smh this ******* guy, I was using Coley as an example if he was in Griffins situation. Look never mind this stupid *** argument always comes up if Golden misses out on a recruit but never when he gets the guys we need like CT, Valentine, TH3, Coley, Bush and others so lets just drop it

Advertisement

Wow smh you're saying that he gets no credit for Griffin but you cant ansewr the simple question if the Coley was in that position for all that he's done for us already if you would do what Golden did in believing in the kid. If Griffin comes and beasts for us those fans will be ****ing for giving up. No coach is going 100% on recruits especially with an NCAA cloud on his school we aren't perfect but he **** sure doesnt suck

Wow smh this ******* guy, I was using Coley as an example if he was in Griffins situation. Look never mind this stupid *** argument always comes up if Golden misses out on a recruit but never when he gets the guys we need like CT, Valentine, TH3, Coley, Bush and others so lets just drop it

so u give al credit when he gets a recruit, but can't say he failed when he didn't?

/makes sense

Getting a great recruit doesn't make you a stud recruiter. Losing a great recruit doesn't make you a failure. Trying to define the debate to further your goals with a stupid qualifier like looking only at early commits, late, commits, or commits with a "w" in their name is transparent nonesense. Only way to judge a coach's recruiting skills is his results overall. You can be ****ed we missed on Dixon. I'm disappointed as ****. And if you want to debate Golden's skills, that's cool. But if you do it without even mentioning that we just got Kiy Hester and have a monster committed class, you are just furthering an agenda.

Wow Shannon and Coker were killed for missing kids down here. Golden has done ok, but last gear we signed like 4 kids from our own backyard. Blame the cloud, blame whatever, last year was a disaster, period. He has been better this year but still too many major misses if the rest of our targets head elsewhere. Never seen a fanbase make so many excuses for a coach. I think it's time for some of you to come to terms with the fact that Golden isn't the almighty savior you thought he was. He may get us back but he by and large is still learning on the job just like the previous two buffoons before him.

last gear we signed like 4 kids from our own backyard.

Olsen, AQM, Dobard, Sandland, Elder, Figs, Griffin, Gall, Odogwu, Kamalu are all takes, especially when being under Death Penalty threats. We missed on MT, Collins & Moore. (only 1 was for lack of trying) Other than that, we got who we really targeted. The 2012 class was full of FL kids.. We recruit from need, not from location.

Advertisement
Getting a great recruit doesn't make you a stud recruiter. Losing a great recruit doesn't make you a failure. Trying to define the debate to further your goals with a stupid qualifier like looking only at early commits, late, commits, or commits with a "w" in their name is transparent nonesense. Only way to judge a coach's recruiting skills is his results overall. You can be ****ed we missed on Dixon. I'm disappointed as ****. And if you want to debate Golden's skills, that's cool. But if you do it without even mentioning that we just got Kiy Hester and have a monster committed class, you are just furthering an agenda.

Exactly. You have to judge on the entire recruiting class, which thus far is exceptional. The variables surrounding any one player are too numerous to make getting, or not getting, that player a failure or not. There are some bad teams with mediocre recruiting that hit on the occasional great player (perfect example that pops to mind would be Missouri when they got Dorial Beckam-Green, best WR and one of the top 3 players that year, went to Missouri not because they were great recruiters but because he wanted to stay home). There are top teams with the best recruiters around that miss out on top talent that they desperately want (Jameis Winston not going to Alabama).

Advertisement
Back