On a level playing field

so your saying that the University of Miami has absolutely no recruiting advantages that it could use over large public school?

Guys are losing their minds trying to engineer excuses for us missing out on guys.

did you see the all ACC teams, and how loaded it was with our Seniors...that were our starters? Our Walk on Punter was the best player on our team..a Guy al went and got

Advertisement
LULZ at clows and their lame excuses. Corch Al has shown he's not getting guys at the end when he's battling the big schools. So quit expecting him to flip Cook and Jackson and get Rudolph and Lane and all those guys. He hasn't been able to do that. If he's going to get anyone at the end it'll be Plan C guys like Njoku (sp?) who want to escape the cold or Plan Z guys like Darius **** or Junior Alexis.

He might surprise us with Cook or pull a rabbit out of his hat and land Lane or Jackson or someone. But I sure as **** wouldn't be counting on it based on his track record or folding at the end of the recruiting cycle.

ok I've been one of the harsher ones on Al, I agree that he needs to close better with some big time prospects but I expect him to now that the NCAA cloud is gone...but to say that he flat out can't recruit against the big schools is ridiculous he's gotten plenty of kids some of those schools wanted, not enough IMO to win a NC but he has gotten quite a few

Lulz at OP and anyone agreeing with him. Some of you love Golden more than the Canes and will find any excuse possible to justify a failure. No one said the man can't recruit. He did a good job while at Temple and has done well here and has his best class (on paper) coming in. But Golden like all coaches fails at recruiting every player he wants. Gasp, I know its hard to believe.

There is no shame in saying Golden failed in recruiting Dixon. He was the #1 WR target. When you don't land your number one target that means you failed plain and simple.

Some of you love Golden more than the Canes. Get a hold of yourselves cause its down right embarrassing the excuses some will make for some of Golden's failings whether on or off the field.

Wow, Golden couldn't land a player from Dwyer where we haven't been able to get anyone from in the last decade. Let's just fire the whole staff, I guess guys like KC McDermott, Trevor Darling, Joseph Yearby, Kaaya, Berrios, Chad Thomas, etc. are all scrubs and won't achieve at the next level. Golden should be able to get 50 commits every year and get a 4 and 5 stars. What a f'ing joke.

LULZ at clows and their lame excuses. Corch Al has shown he's not getting guys at the end when he's battling the big schools. So quit expecting him to flip Cook and Jackson and get Rudolph and Lane and all those guys. He hasn't been able to do that. If he's going to get anyone at the end it'll be Plan C guys like Njoku (sp?) who want to escape the cold or Plan Z guys like Darius **** or Junior Alexis.

He might surprise us with Cook or pull a rabbit out of his hat and land Lane or Jackson or someone. But I sure as **** wouldn't be counting on it based on his track record or folding at the end of the recruiting cycle.

Not sure at all if you're serious

Who'd we get last year at the end? How about the year before? How many guys did we flip from commitments to big FCS schools?

Advertisement

horrible post......

Coming from a backwards ******* like you that's a compliment. If you thought it was a good post I'd be worried.

Now it's Al's fault that guys like Kevin Olsen, Brad Kaaya, Chad Thomas, K.C. McDermott, Joseph Yearby, and many others choose to make their decisions early...

lmfao

Advertisement
Wow, Golden couldn't land a player from Dwyer where we haven't been able to get anyone from in the last decade. Let's just fire the whole staff, I guess guys like KC McDermott, Trevor Darling, Joseph Yearby, Kaaya, Berrios, Chad Thomas, etc. are all scrubs and won't achieve at the next level. Golden should be able to get 50 commits every year and get a 4 and 5 stars. What a f'ing joke.

Of course they will be scrubs.

The best players all announce later.

They are scrubs for not publicizing their commitments

Who'd we get last year at the end? How about the year before? How many guys did we flip from commitments to big FCS schools?

Coley...................... thats all I need. Oh and guess what? We fought through SEC teams to keep Carter, Burns and Griffin

Year before? Tracy, Deon, Flowers, McCord and Waters......... with the cloud hanging over us

so your saying that the University of Miami has absolutely no recruiting advantages that it could use over large public school?

Guys are losing their minds trying to engineer excuses for us missing out on guys.

did you see the all ACC teams, and how loaded it was with our Seniors...that were our starters? Our Walk on Punter was the best player on our team..a Guy al went and got

OK. What the fck does that have to do with anything?

Advertisement

Can't be. Not after getting

Howard over UF
coley over FSU
McCord over USCe
Bush over Bama
Burns over Bama
carter over LSU
Edwards over FSU
Griffin over a n m
McDermott over everyone
Berrios over hometown boys and OSU and Oregon

For every miss there is a hit. It's how the game goes.

ok I've been one of the harsher ones on Al, I agree that he needs to close better with some big time prospects but I expect him to now that the NCAA cloud is gone...but to say that he flat out can't recruit against the big schools is ridiculous he's gotten plenty of kids some of those schools wanted, not enough IMO to win a NC but he has gotten quite a few

At the end. Look at those words. At the end. I'm not talking about early in the process. He does a fine job then, but he's not flipping anyone at the end.

At the end. Look at those words. At the end. I'm not talking about early in the process. He does a fine job then, but he's not flipping anyone at the end.

Because this is of course what defines a great recruiter...gotta flip 'em, cuz if you ain't flip 'em, they ain't any good

Advertisement
Now it's Al's fault that guys like Kevin Olsen, Brad Kaaya, Chad Thomas, K.C. McDermott, Joseph Yearby, and many others choose to make their decisions early...

lmfao

You guys love trying to twist the argument into something else. You act like recruiting ends in September. We're focused right now at the end of the recruiting cycle and Al's record there and his record with the big fish recruits who like to wait till the end to announce. He doesn't do well there, and he's on the outside looking in with some of the highest rated players in S. FL--Cook, Michel, Lane, just lost Dixon.

He did a very good job early in the process this year, but there's no shame in admitting he got beat on some major players in this area again like he did last year.

Possibly true to an extent regarding recruits deciding on or near signing day. But Golden has beaten the "big schools" at other times of the year which should be noted as well. ****, this class has been almost for a while now and is full of recruits that everyone wanted.

Golden wins some and loses some recruiting battles just like any other coach. I think he has won more than he's lost this cycle.

The excuses are quite funny to read. Golden lost the recruiting battle for Dixon and saying that doesn't mean he's a terrible recruiter, it is just a fact of what happened.

Last edited:

Coley...................... thats all I need. Oh and guess what? We fought through SEC teams to keep Carter, Burns and Griffin

Coley's all you needed. Good for you. Unfortunately, he wasn't all this team needed. He had to fight to keep Griffin? Everyone except UM gave up on Griffin and handed him to us after signing day.

Can't be. Not after getting

Howard over UF
coley over FSU
McCord over USCe
Bush over Bama
Burns over Bama
carter over LSU
Edwards over FSU
Griffin over a n m
McDermott over everyone
Berrios over hometown boys and OSU and Oregon

For every miss there is a hit. It's how the game goes.

Yep. We flipped all those guys at the END OF THE RECRUITING CYCLE. Pay attention to the debate, guys.

Advertisement
Back