On a level playing field

LULZ at clows and their lame excuses. Corch Al has shown he's not getting guys at the end when he's battling the big schools. So quit expecting him to flip Cook and Jackson and get Rudolph and Lane and all those guys. He hasn't been able to do that. If he's going to get anyone at the end it'll be Plan C guys like Njoku (sp?) who want to escape the cold or Plan Z guys like Darius **** or Junior Alexis.

He might surprise us with Cook or pull a rabbit out of his hat and land Lane or Jackson or someone. But I sure as **** wouldn't be counting on it based on his track record or folding at the end of the recruiting cycle.

ok I've been one of the harsher ones on Al, I agree that he needs to close better with some big time prospects but I expect him to now that the NCAA cloud is gone...but to say that he flat out can't recruit against the big schools is ridiculous he's gotten plenty of kids some of those schools wanted, not enough IMO to win a NC but he has gotten quite a few

At the end. Look at those words. At the end. I'm not talking about early in the process. He does a fine job then, but he's not flipping anyone at the end.

Because this is of course what defines a great recruiter...gotta flip 'em, cuz if you ain't flip 'em, they ain't any good

OK. You Golden Guzzlers win. He's flawless. Losing big time local talent that waits till the end to the announce is completely acceptable because we got some great players earlier in the cycle.

D$ got his wish with this board. There's no longer any dissenting voices on here. It's all guys lined up to lap up Golden's seed like baby birds eating out of their mommy's mouths.

Advertisement
LULZ at clows and their lame excuses. Corch Al has shown he's not getting guys at the end when he's battling the big schools. So quit expecting him to flip Cook and Jackson and get Rudolph and Lane and all those guys. He hasn't been able to do that. If he's going to get anyone at the end it'll be Plan C guys like Njoku (sp?) who want to escape the cold or Plan Z guys like Darius **** or Junior Alexis.

He might surprise us with Cook or pull a rabbit out of his hat and land Lane or Jackson or someone. But I sure as **** wouldn't be counting on it based on his track record or folding at the end of the recruiting cycle.

horrible post......

Coming from a backwards ******* like you that's a compliment. If you thought it was a good post I'd be worried.

You don't even know me sir.....and you are wrong and you know it...

You are a good poster 99% of the time but this team is getting better at recruiting and to have one of the best Oline and Dline classes is a huge improvement 2 safeties this week that are good to even better than great...Maybe these so called south FL elite kids can add 1+1 + full scholly and help our coaches out as well...

ok I've been one of the harsher ones on Al, I agree that he needs to close better with some big time prospects but I expect him to now that the NCAA cloud is gone...but to say that he flat out can't recruit against the big schools is ridiculous he's gotten plenty of kids some of those schools wanted, not enough IMO to win a NC but he has gotten quite a few

At the end. Look at those words. At the end. I'm not talking about early in the process. He does a fine job then, but he's not flipping anyone at the end.

Because this is of course what defines a great recruiter...gotta flip 'em, cuz if you ain't flip 'em, they ain't any good

OK. You Golden Guzzlers win. He's flawless. Losing big time local talent that waits till the end to the announce is completely acceptable because we got some great players earlier in the cycle.

D$ got his wish with this board. There's no longer any dissenting voices on here. It's all guys lined up to lap up Golden's seed like baby birds eating out of their mommy's mouths.

No, we just aren't saying the guy sucks. Nobody can force kids to stay if they dont want to

Now it's Al's fault that guys like Kevin Olsen, Brad Kaaya, Chad Thomas, K.C. McDermott, Joseph Yearby, and many others choose to make their decisions early...

lmfao

You guys love trying to twist the argument into something else. You act like recruiting ends in September. We're focused right now at the end of the recruiting cycle and Al's record there and his record with the big fish recruits who like to wait till the end to announce. He doesn't do well there, and he's on the outside looking in with some of the highest rated players in S. FL--Cook, Michel, Lane, just lost Dixon.

He did a very good job early in the process this year, but there's no shame in admitting he got beat on some major players in this area again like he did last year.

The point has some merit, and should not be dismissed out of hand, which the apologists will always do. But, it's a very small sample size at this point.

And, you can't discount the impact of the sanctions the last two years. If a kid was on the fence at the end, with a bevy of top-notch schools to choose from, it's pretty **** easy to eliminate the school that is facing unknown sanctions.

Not sure at all if you're serious

Who'd we get last year at the end? How about the year before? How many guys did we flip from commitments to big FCS schools?

Coley...................... thats all I need. Oh and guess what? We fought through SEC teams to keep Carter, Burns and Griffin

Coley's all you needed. Good for you. Unfortunately, he wasn't all this team needed. He had to fight to keep Griffin? Everyone except UM gave up on Griffin and handed him to us after signing day.

So AG isn't given credit for Griffin? Fact is A&M, UT and many other schools wanted him and if he committed earlier they'd be riding with him too so yeah he's a huge take and this "they gave up on him" crap is bull**** because nobody that talented is given up on since I guarantee all those teams are trying to get him now so he can beast for them

Advertisement

Can't be. Not after getting

Howard over UF
coley over FSU
McCord over USCe
Bush over Bama
Burns over Bama
carter over LSU
Edwards over FSU
Griffin over a n m
McDermott over everyone
Berrios over hometown boys and OSU and Oregon

For every miss there is a hit. It's how the game goes.

Yep. We flipped all those guys at the END OF THE RECRUITING CYCLE. Pay attention to the debate, guys.

So I guess nobody can flip our recruits then? What stud have we had that flipped to a great school?

He got kids to go to Temple for god sake...

Kids nobody else wanted.

And then turned them into good players.

Oh wait I'm doing this wrong.

He first turned then into Young men....then decent players and some NFL guys...

This bunch mocks our seniors hates our coaches etc....instant gratification crowd.

They are so scared we win that 10th game in two weeks its freighting

URBAN MYER IS A TOP 3 RECRUITER IN THE NATION. We just got outbeat by someone better. EVEN IF GOLDEN IS TOP 5 LIKE SOME CLAIM, HE AINT BETTA THAN URBAN

Advertisement

Who'd we get last year at the end? How about the year before? How many guys did we flip from commitments to big FCS schools?

Coley...................... thats all I need. Oh and guess what? We fought through SEC teams to keep Carter, Burns and Griffin

Coley's all you needed. Good for you. Unfortunately, he wasn't all this team needed. He had to fight to keep Griffin? Everyone except UM gave up on Griffin and handed him to us after signing day.

So AG isn't given credit for Griffin? Fact is A&M, UT and many other schools wanted him and if he committed earlier they'd be riding with him too so yeah he's a huge take and this "they gave up on him" crap is bull**** because nobody that talented is given up on since I guarantee all those teams are trying to get him now so he can beast for them

You're wrong on Griffin. It's OK to admit that. A&M gave up on him because they knew he wouldn't qualify. So we grabbed him.

You're wrong on Griffin. It's OK to admit that. A&M gave up on him because they knew he wouldn't qualify. So we grabbed him.

So only 1 team went after this freakishly skilled future All American? And you're telling me that they gave up on him completely? Wow god forbid UM do that and see what your reaction would be

So only 1 team went after this freakishly skilled future All American? And you're telling me that they gave up on him completely? Wow god forbid UM do that and see what your reaction would be

he was actually committed to texas AM and couldn't get in. the went after other targets when he couldn't qualify. lets not act like Golden went into Texas and took him from A&M. the fact is Golden missed on a couple of guys at the end and had some extra schollys and could wait on kids like Elder and Griffin

once again this argument about "kids just wanting to leave" so can we also say that AQM, Kayaa, Olsen, etc "just wanted to leave too? or does that credit only go to golden?

what about Yearby, howard, bush, thomas etc, did those kids "just want to stay home"?

fact is Golden failed to get Dixon, period. no excuses

Advertisement

Can't be. Not after getting

Howard over UF
coley over FSU
McCord over USCe
Bush over Bama
Burns over Bama
carter over LSU
Edwards over FSU
Griffin over a n m
McDermott over everyone
Berrios over hometown boys and OSU and Oregon

For every miss there is a hit. It's how the game goes.

Yep. We flipped all those guys at the END OF THE RECRUITING CYCLE. Pay attention to the debate, guys.

The debate is flawed though. You can't make up arbitrary end points to prove a point. Doesn't work that way. People are ****ed, you included cause he lost Dixon, last I checked its December nowhere near signing day so this miss doesn't even really count. You admit to him doing good early he just doesn't get the late flip, well this wasn't a flip situation so why are you mad? This is just an excuse to hate. It is ok to knock golden he has flaws, just don't make up crap in an attempt to prove a point.

As many have said when u get the kid means nothing. Get as many good players as u can whether it be September or February. It all works out in the end

he was actually committed to texas AM and couldn't get in. the went after other targets when he couldn't qualify. lets not act like Golden went into Texas and took him from A&M. the fact is Golden missed on a couple of guys at the end and had some extra schollys and could wait on kids like Elder and Griffin

Didnt say he went and took him away but once again lets not act like every school just quit on the kid especially with all of their "academic standards". Yes, Golden missed out on a few guys and that happens to everybody and then he used them on Elder and Griffin who were both recruited by top schools

Advertisement

Didnt say he went and took him away but once again lets not act like every school just quit on the kid especially with all of their "academic standards". Yes, Golden missed out on a few guys and that happens to everybody and then he used them on Elder and Griffin who were both recruited by top schools

but teams did look elsewhere when Griffin couldn't qualify...

Every single team in the nation? Ok answer this, if you saw that Coley last year had issues qualifying and didn't get into UM immediately would you tell them to quit on him?

Don't post often but would remind all Canes fans to relax and remember that while it seems like a long time ago, we are only a very short time removed from the spectre of looming sanctions. I for one will be interested to see what recruiting brings in the years to come when Golden does not have one hand tied behind his back during kids' junior years and is able to build on it while they are seniors. Not a Golden apologist by any means. I am however a realist. Also, I am thankful to Coach Golden for standing by our beloved U when many others would have run to another program when faced with the hand he was dealt shortly after his arrival. As we hopefully win more games next year with the excellent talent that has committed to the U, I am cautiously optimistic that we will win more of these battles for players like Dixon and Cook than we will lose.
Go Canes!

Every single team in the nation? Ok answer this, if you saw that Coley last year had issues qualifying and didn't get into UM immediately would you tell them to quit on him?

why does my opinion on what I would do if coley didn't qualify have to do with what happened with Griffin. fact is, if Golden had closed the way we hoped, we would have looked elsewhere too

Advertisement
Back