Olsen Verbal

Advertisement
Perhaps worthy of a separate discussion. This is about the downstream effects of his commitment, not the commitment itself.

To the OP - Its almost as if the inverse is true. We just landed a slew of top shelf receivers this past February which facilitate the need for a top shelf QB. That said, it certainly gives the staff some fresh info to chat with Kermit Whitfield about. There's nothing negative there.

We took a ton last year, so I wouldn't expect WRs to start flowing. I think they feel pretty good about the 3 or so that they want. Where we really need the help is OL, TE, and maybe 2 RBs(if we have the room).

It's gonna be a small WR class (2-3). Kearse is one, then Cunningham seems to be a lock for us. Not sure who our staff is pursuing that they want at the third spot. I'd love Coley but I'm not sure what to believe when it comes to his recruitment.

Advertisement
2 WR's likely this year.

I don't know where Kearse ends up but I stand firm I would love to see him at WR.

Kermit is still a strong possibility and so is Cunningham. Coley could be as well. We will definitely have some decisions to make.

I'll roll with Cunningham, Coley and our boy back from prep school, AJL.

That's a homerun haul.

+1... I think Kermit made a huge mistake that will leave him on the outside looking in, in the event he would like to re-commit.

Cunningham and Cooley with our boy AJL coming in the spring and call it a wrap.

I dont think it will bring more wrs but I could see it helping to bring some other players that were already interested

Advertisement
I think a few of the WRs in 2012 will end up at other spots

Call me crazy, and I will probably get blasted for this, but I was more impressed with Lockhart as a safety then at receiver.

I think one of the two between Jontavious Carter and D'Mauri Jones will be converted into a pass catching tight end.

Advertisement
Kermit compliments the guys we brought in this year. I don't see how we don't make room for him (if he wants in) in this class. And to answer the OPs Q, it can't hurt this class to have a top shelf QB in.

Advertisement
Kermit compliments the guys we brought in this year. I don't see how we don't make room for him (if he wants in) in this class. And to answer the OPs Q, it can't hurt this class to have a top shelf QB in.

Agreed. I would really like to see him in this class. Kid is fast and can make tough catches.

I'll roll with Cunningham, Coley and our boy back from prep school, AJL.

That's a homerun haul.

Careful what context in which you use the word "homerun" on these boards, a certain poster may misinterpret the meaning and come at you, bro, and add you to his list.

In all seriousness though....that would be a great haul.

Advertisement
Back