Olsen Verbal

Advertisement
I think a few of the WRs in 2012 will end up at other spots

Call me crazy, and I will probably get blasted for this, but I was more impressed with Lockhart as a safety then at receiver.

I think one of the two between Jontavious Carter and D'Mauri Jones will be converted into a pass catching tight end.

I've been saying that Lockhart would start off at S from day 1 if we had legit WRs. I think that the lack of playmakers at that spot could force the coaches to start him off there but otherwise I think he'd be a S. kid is a playmaker extraordinaire but doesn't look like a polished WR IMO. would love to have that kind of athlete at S

Jones is a WR all the way IMO. think this kid can be pretty good. I liked his tape

Carter is pretty much an unkown. I saw some grainy film on him and he looks like a reach really. kid doesn't flash much of anything if I remember him right

theres nothing not to like about the Olsen commit. kid looks real polished for his age. understands the game very well has very good size. he doesn't wow with arm strength but we all know how far that alone will get you in CFB. also have to remember that this kid is basically a baby. probably like 16 in his film. he will get much stronger and better. gotta love this pick up especially considering the NFL and UM lineage

edit - when I say "polished" I mean in his understanding of the coverage, play fake, etc.

he throws off his back foot a ton and kinda has happy feet. those things can be refined though

Last edited:
theres nothing not to like about the Olsen commit. kid looks real polished for his age. understands the game very well has very good size. he doesn't wow with arm strength but we all know how far that alone will get you in CFB. also have to remember that this kid is basically a baby. probably like 16 in his film. he will get much stronger and better. gotta love this pick up especially considering the NFL and UM lineage he throws off his back foot a ton and kinda has happy feet. those things can be refined though
I was going to make a pros and cons about Olsen game, but I didn't want to be a buzz kill with our first big time QB commit in years. A couple things i noticed about Olsen

Cons: throws of his back foot A TON!, doesn't posses a huge arm, does not zip balls in there and often times lays it up for his guys to grab it

Pros: the biggest thing that stuck out to me is how deceptive his is with his hand off and play action fakes. This will help our back tremendously. He is a very accurate passer. Great pocket awareness. Smart. Leads his receivers extremely well and sees the entire field and goes through his progressions

Overall: all his cons can be corrected and I think FISCH IS THE PERFECT GUY TO DO IT. This kid is going to be good and he possess a lot of skills which are inate and cannot be taught
edit - when I say "polished" I mean in his understanding of the coverage, play fake, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back