Olsen & Dewey

So our lord and savior send us Baby Jesus on a silver platter and some people's idea of showing their thanks is making him compete with Dewey for a starting spot?

How dare you question the lords gift

Advertisement
At the Elite 11 one of the scouts was quoted as saying he was a taller, stronger armed Kellen Moore. From what I've seen of him that looks like the best characterization of him, as well as a **** of a compliment.

I'd take that all day everyday.

We can sugarcoat Dewey all we want to make ourselves feel better about our QB depth, but Dewey is nowhere near the prospect Olsen is. He might be better than Crow but that isn't saying much. He's a nice QB to have on the roster but I never want to see him in the game. Morris then Olsen. The only thing Dewey has on Olsen is he has been on campus for a while and knows the system better. Everything Olsen does, he does better.

Advertisement
Calling k. Kelly a "horrible" college qb is a stretch. He wasn't close to horrible. Had he concentrated only on football, he would have ended up a good qb here.

We can sugarcoat Dewey all we want to make ourselves feel better about our QB depth, but Dewey is nowhere near the prospect Olsen is. He might be better than Crow but that isn't saying much. He's a nice QB to have on the roster but I never want to see him in the game. Morris then Olsen. The only thing Dewey has on Olsen is he has been on campus for a while and knows the system better. Everything Olsen does, he does better.

According to the guys on Greentree Dewey has made significant strides. He had the physical & mental tools. It's like culture shock going from the smallest TX football division in a private school to a team full of SoFla D1 talent. Scared doesn't even begin to describe what was probably going through his head in that first scrimmage. His stats got consistently better as he participate in scrimmages. He'll be fine

well at least we are not sitting here with JH as a starter and Zoe JR as our Back up.....

Advertisement

According to the guys on Greentree Dewey has made significant strides. He had the physical & mental tools. It's like culture shock going from the smallest TX football division in a private school to a team full of SoFla D1 talent. Scared doesn't even begin to describe what was probably going through his head in that first scrimmage. His stats got consistently better as he participate in scrimmages. He'll be fine

Hey cash...you leaving the other site too? I am out any day now...

I thought he made some nice throws in the spring game. I was actually a little surprised at the criticisms he was getting because he looked a lot better than Crow.

Still though, when talking about prospects coming in to college, Olsen is next level compared to Dewey. When I say I hope we don't see Dewey it's because that would mean that Olsen isn't playing up to his potential or he is injured IMO.

I know it takes getting on the field to start judging but just strictly from a prospect perspective, it ain't close.

After Morris wins the ACC this season, Olsen will be given the crown and everyone will bow to him. Make no mistake about it. Dewey, Crow, Williams - doesn't matter. Olsen is the next heir to the throne.

I've heard quite a few people that believe Ryan Williams will be starting in 2014 and it will be Olsen's job to lose in 2015 as a redshirt soph

Advertisement
The only person I've heard insist that Ryan Williams will be the starter is Ryan Williams' Father.

Olsen is an elite talent. Williams was a filler.

Advertisement
Some notable strengths of the offense this year was solid pass protection and athletic receivers to stretch the field. The route running was just average IMO, favoring a QB with a big arm to take advantage of the available deep ball as opposed to a game-manager type QB like Williams who could thrive in an offense like Duke's with great route running and average athleticism. Even if/when the route running improves the Canes will always feature elite, field-stretching speed at WR, demanding a QB with arm strength to match. I went back to compare Dewey and Olsen's film (Dewey's senior vs. Olsen's junior) and I didn't see much to separate the two. UTough and a year on the practice field will likely tell the tale.

You didn't see much to separate the two players? Maybe you should try watching the film again.

Advertisement
Back