Olsen and his development

bobbydigius

illiterate
Premium
What is the word on the kid, obviously it looks like he will get a red shirt, but I havent heard too much about him. I remember that Greg had a growth spurt going into college. Kevin is the most important recruit we have that isnt being talked about that much.....

Advertisement
He's got an entire spring and summer to compete for 2014's gig, there's nothing else to discuss. /thread

I just think it's funny that some posters on here were arguing with those of us that knew Olsen would be redshirted. No way in **** Golden lets this kid play a snap this season unless Morris and Williams (and maybe even Crow) go down.

I just think it's funny that some posters on here were arguing with those of us that knew Olsen would be redshirted. No way in **** Golden lets this kid play a snap this season unless Morris and Williams (and maybe even Crow) go down.

^^^ this.

Olsen talked openly about expecting to redshirt this year. It sounds like that has been the plan from the start - barring a series of unthinkable injuries.

Advertisement
Olsen said early on that he would be redshirting. But Al said that was not a given. I assume he takes a shirt, but no telling what Al has planned. If he thinks Olsen it going to start next year, then burning the shirt in exchange for some live game experience might be the plan.

Advertisement
He needs to redshirt - period. If not for Shannon's gross mishandling of the QB position, Morris would still have 1 more year in Coral Gables. Imagine that.

No one in here has a clue. It's all guesswork because: a. No one here watches practice every day; b. Even if people saw a couple practices it doesn't matter because the only real way to judge a QB is to see what he does when live bullets are flying.

You'll know more about him next year when he takes some snaps (most likely as a backup to Williams). Like a few of us said before the season, the only way you'll see Olsen play this year is if there's an absolute tragic rash of injuries at QB.

Advertisement
No one in here has a clue. It's all guesswork because: a. No one here watches practice every day; b. Even if people saw a couple practices it doesn't matter because the only real way to judge a QB is to see what he does when live bullets are flying.

You'll know more about him next year when he takes some snaps (most likely as a backup to Williams). Like a few of us said before the season, the only way you'll see Olsen play this year is if there's an absolute tragic rash of injuries at QB.

Thats a part of why I expect Williams to start in 2014. He'll be the only QB on the roster next year thats ever seen live play at the college level. The staff will be able to give Olson and/or Kaaya some live reps during the mop up games in 2014.

Advertisement

Example #4,798,568 of how things are SUPPOSED to be done at a big program.

Oh noes! Haven't heard anything about our true freshman QB so something must be wrong! Not good!!!

Advertisement
Back