Oline stat....

Advertisement
after looking at more of these...there are a few things apparent, the O-Line needs improvement...and most of these had several really good running backs..we relied one one and an occasional QB draw....with the new stable of running backs this should improve if only the O-line is marginally better.

My point was that in the past three seasons we've ranked 101st, 118th, and 79th. Anyone who thinks our improvement running the ball was do to improvements along the line, and not completely due to Rosier's contribution is just fooling, themselves. Our run blocking last season was just as bad as in previous years, although for different reasons, IMO.
My point was that in the past three seasons we've ranked 101st, 118th, and 79th. Anyone who thinks our improvement running the ball was do to improvements along the line, and not completely due to Rosier's contribution is just fooling, themselves. Our run blocking last season was just as bad as in previous years, although for different reasons, IMO.

that's fine and all but the way college football is played now to take the QBs running out of the equation and still try to compare stats among other teams isn't fair. Also there are only a handful of teams who actually lines up and run the ball down your throat that doesn't have a scheme built around their quarterback that run the ball against good P5 competition. Plus the o-lines ability to block such designed runs for the quarterback is a mark of improvement and they can certainly improve more and be more consistent but to deny that they didn't improve this year is fooling yourself.

Last edited:
So explain how you rush 23 times for 45 yards in a LOSS with a decent o-line? 1.9 yards per carry, Pitt was ranked 62nd against the run

32 for 59?? 1.8 ypc, UNC was ranked 91st vs the run

29 for 83?? 2.8 ypc, FSU was ranked 39th vs the run

30 for 104 in a BLOWOUT LOSS?? 3.4 ypc

No O-line that is good runs for those kind of #s with a mobile QB to boot.

LMAO @ ND being an "elite" Run D, may wanna check on that
Nd was ranked top 10 in rushing defense, what are you talking about? Again list the stats against those teams I listed Like va tech, Notre Dame and Wisconsin

quick question, have you looked at these other teams to see what they would average without the qb's running? For instance, Alabama Had Hurts run 154 times for 855 yards...and Tua rush 27 times for 133 yards...if you take that out it's nearly 1/3rd of Alabama's rush offense. I'm not discounting that we need to improve...I'm just saying there are other factors.
Alabama was 10th and we were 79th. But hey, if you think the difference between 10th and 79th is 300 extra QB yards...we ranked 20 places behind the next worse team in the final top 15, and we were 45 places behind the worst playoff team.

Advertisement
Georgia would be different as the qb's didn't run at all. Nor did several other teams.
Hey! You actually can stumble upon the point. Putting in a QB that can run is the only difference we improved from 101st and 118th rushing the previous two years.

Nd was ranked top 10 in rushing defense, what are you talking about? Again list the stats against those teams I listed Like va tech, Notre Dame and Wisconsin
They gave up over 2000 yards and 4 yards per carry my man, that was good for 51st the in the nation. You call that "elite"????????? You gotta have facts to argue a point my man.

"Rank51 Notre Dame 13games 506carries 2008 yards 3.98 ypc 154.5 ypg"

OOPS

Alabama was 10th and we were 79th. But hey, if you think the difference between 10th and 79th is 300 extra QB yards...we ranked 20 places behind the next worse team in the final top 15, and we were 45 places behind the worst playoff team.
Naw he didn’t say that, take away hurts and taulia rushing yards too like you did Miami. And they ran the ball way more often than Miami did

Advertisement
Naw he didn’t say that, take away hurts and taulia rushing yards too like you did Miami. And they ran the ball way more often than Miami did
I didn’t take away Rosier to get to 79th, moran. Without him we were 115th?

Are you implying that Bama would have dropped from 10th to 115th without factoring in their QB production?

I’m not saying QB production doesn’t count. I’m saying we still ******* suck WITH a healthy dose of rush yards from the QB spot.

So explain how you rush 23 times for 45 yards in a LOSS with a decent o-line? 1.9 yards per carry, Pitt was ranked 62nd against the run

32 for 59?? 1.8 ypc, UNC was ranked 91st vs the run

29 for 83?? 2.8 ypc, FSU was ranked 39th vs the run

30 for 104 in a BLOWOUT LOSS?? 3.4 ypc

No O-line that is good runs for those kind of #s with a mobile QB to boot.

LMAO @ ND being an "elite" Run D, may wanna check on that

I'd explain it like this:

Pitt - Road game
FSU - Road game
UNC - Road game
Clemson - Road game

It's not just the OL, or Rosier, or the RB's, or the play calling. The entire offense was just collectively bad on the Road last year. We were night & day on the Road vs. Home last year.

That's why we were awful running the ball against weak teams like Pitt & UNC but ran it well at home against good teams like VT, ND, and Wisconsin.

Attachments

• Miami Rushing 2017.jpg
    Miami Rushing 2017.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 5

Are you implying that Bama would have dropped from 10th to 115th without factoring in their QB production?

I’m not saying QB production doesn’t count. I’m saying we still ******* suck WITH a healthy dose of rush yards from the QB spot.

We don't suck we are mediocre/middleofthepack/average. Right now we are throw first to open up the run nothing wrong with that unless you have a QB who can't complete passes lol.

Pitt - Road game
FSU - Road game
UNC - Road game
Clemson - Road game

It's not just the OL, or Rosier, or the RB's, or the play calling. The entire offense was just collectively bad on the Road last year. We were night & day on the Road vs. Home last year.

That's why we were awful running the ball against weak teams like Pitt & UNC but ran it well at home against good teams like VT, ND, and Wisconsin.
So Rosier lit up the 91st ranked run D on the road through the air but we couldn't average 2 yards per carry against them? Because we were on the road??? Do we walk to road games?

Those #s are crazy skewed, but it makes no sense why

Advertisement

What was bama’s without qb rushing yards? You always trying to take something away. Take away rosier rushing yards, take away long runs, stfu with that bullsh*t

Pitt - Road game
FSU - Road game
UNC - Road game
Clemson - Road game

Good breakdown

Advertisement
What was bama’s without qb rushing yards? You always trying to take something away. Take away rosier rushing yards, take away long runs, stfu with that bullsh*t
No I am not. Alabama was 10th. We were 79th. Both with QBs stats included.

The only reason I removed Rosier’s rush stats was not to compare is to any other team, but to compare us to us to show that any perceived improvement was entirely due to having the QB that can run.

You always trying to talk averages and yards per carry like it does not even matter that we can’t even line up on 3rd and 1 and run for a 1st down against teams like UNC and Pitt.

Correct, but we're on the extreme of that spectrum, IMO, to the point where we cannot count on our running game in known running situations, EVER.

Anybody that thinks CMR wouldn't rather call an inside zone on 1st and 10 rather than have Rosier run an RPO bubble, or that he enjoy's breaking huddle on 2nd and goal on the one inch line in shotgun 3 wide, just doesn't understand how strapped we actually were last season due to personnel shortages.

100% correct. We've been an all or nothing offense going back years now. It's a testament to the skill position guys we've had that can break a big one at any moment. But it also speaks to the inconsistencies and general poor play we've had along the offensive line and at the QB position. I'd just for once, love to see a Miami offense that can put together sustained drives consistently. They don't even have to score all the time, Just pick up a couple of first downs and convert on third down occasionally before punting it back to the other team.

100% correct. We've been an all or nothing offense going back years now. It's a testament to the skill position guys we've had that can break a big one at any moment. But it also speaks to the inconsistencies and general poor play we've had along the offensive line and at the QB position. I'd just for once, love to see a Miami offense that can put together sustained drives consistently. They don't even have to score all the time, Just pick up a couple of first downs and convert on third down occasionally before punting it back to the other team.
We have a better chance of scoring a TD from 30+ yards out than we do from inside the 5.

I’m ready for a Miami team that can get inside the 10 and I don’t already count 3 points.

Advertisement
Back