Older guys - 35+

Advertisement
Man, I used to couldn't wait until the afternoon paper hit the stands in Miami on game weeks, there was a box not far from my house and I could see if it was full it meant the new edition just hit. I would just take the sports section and leave the rest, little did I know I was ******** over the next guy who though he was getting the whole paper.

In the 80’s I just hung at Manhattans or Sunday’s on the Bay - boys always there . I knew we were screwed in ‘86 Fiesta when I saw Vinnies scabs from moped crash.

When I was a kid I was too busy hiding from saber tooth tigers and wooly mammouths to follow the canes.

Advertisement
I guess I didn't, I really just went to the games, watched the games, and read the paper.......that was that.

Growing up in upstate NY they were one of the few teams that were on TV every weekend, also ESPN and SI.

I would watch the scores go across the bottom of the screen when they were not on TV.

Advertisement
I'm 39. I used to read the Sun Sentinel or Herald daily. I bought every preseason preview mag I could get my hands on. Oddly enough, ESPN was a great spot to get sports info, scores and stats.

I remember a few kids using the internet in high school but it was that slow-dial up crap that you had to pay by the minute for. The only people who used it were dorks arguing about star trek. The faster speed stuff started getting popular when I was in college in the late 90's but even then I rarely used a computer for anything besides typing papers.

Yes, and we failed miserably. I believe that was late 60s, maybe 68.

Oh I know. Not sure if that was when Ted was terrorizing offenses or not but no way we were number one. But it did kind of show the flash we could make when the day finally came. USC was the only big city university to win large before us. They were the sole glamor team before us. We did it on east coast and were probably bigger global icon in our hayday.

1_ac036d6ff80efd08ebc6ff26d8861688.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back