2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football aside for a moment.. could u guys imagine coming from Finland and spending a week in Miami, then following it up with offseason versions of Tuscaloosa Alabama and Athens Georgia?

Yeah I know Finland doesn't exactly have the largest population in the world. But for real, there's gotta be a part of them thinking that if he signs with either one, they're going to fly in for a week to watch their kid play football, then spend the other 6 days and 20 hours of their time doing what exactly?

A quick google search didn't exactly return the most exciting results. Top things to do is **** like... tour the stadiums. It just wouldn't be very appealing to me to visit another country and not have anything to do for the majority of my time there. But that's just me.

Advertisement
Football aside for a moment.. could u guys imagine coming from Finland and spending a week in Miami, then following it up with offseason versions of Tuscaloosa Alabama and Athens Georgia?

Yeah I know Finland doesn't exactly have the largest population in the world. But for real, there's gotta be a part of them thinking that if he signs with either one, they're going to fly in for a week to watch their kid play football, then spend the other 6 days and 20 hours of their time doing what exactly?

A quick google search didn't exactly return the most exciting results. Top things to do is **** like... tour the stadiums. It just wouldn't be very appealing to me to visit another country and not have anything to do for the majority of my time there. But that's just me.
If you think kids choose to attend Alabama for the scenery I got some oceanfront property I'm selling right outside of Detroit. Change your google search to bags of money.

Advertisement
I dont think I have ever seen a kid and a family so hyped about a visit. It really feels like this kid is coming back to commit.

Someone needs to get Rohan down here for the next visit. Bob Marley might be bigger in Finland than he ever was here.

I dont think I have ever seen a kid and a family so hyped about a visit. It really feels like this kid is coming back to commit.

Someone needs to get Rohan down here for the next visit. Bob Marley might be bigger in Finland than he ever was here.
The kid that ended up at Oregon a few months ago his family loved UM more than I've ever seen.

The kid that ended up at Oregon a few months ago his family loved UM more than I've ever seen.

Did he spend 10 days here with the fam and then immediately come back?

Also if this kid knows anything its that he is behind most kids in terms of playing time and he needs to be coached up properly and he cant get lost in the shuffle. Out of his top 4 Miami is his best bet for that.

Advertisement

His family is from the capital Helsinki, Finland. A modern city of about 650,000 people.

I don't know how much location is going to play in the decision making, but Miami should be at the top in that category.

Last edited:

Hope we took the family here:

Advertisement
Typical update after his Bama visit. It was his 4th time there but 1st with his family.

The Tide has been atop Alinen’s list publicly in the past. He’s reigning it in a little bit before “hopefully” announcing a decision next month.

“For me I’ve really just gotta take all my visits right now and see where everything stands,” he said. “I don’t really want to put things in order until I’ve taken my visits.”

We are with adidas for 2022-2023. After that...

The final year was due to be 2026-2027. So, as of this year, we will have served 8 years of our 12 year sentence.

The greatest breakup song of all time:

How does this work? Jordan would help break an Adidas contract by overpaying Year 1-4? I would rather just be with Nike over Jordan branded gear but I am not happy with Adidas. They had some cool initial concepts but the gear is minimal for the Canes

Advertisement
How does this work? Jordan would help break an Adidas contract by overpaying Year 1-4? I would rather just be with Nike over Jordan branded gear but I am not happy with Adidas. They had some cool initial concepts but the gear is minimal for the Canes

Stop worrying about how it will work, and just let it work.

8 years is long enough, particularly with all the ways that adidas has failed to live up to its end.

Typical update after his Bama visit. It was his 4th time there but 1st with his family.

The Tide has been atop Alinen’s list publicly in the past. He’s reigning it in a little bit before “hopefully” announcing a decision next month.

“For me I’ve really just gotta take all my visits right now and see where everything stands,” he said. “I don’t really want to put things in order until I’ve taken my visits.”
Sounds like a win to me. Rather that than, “I’ve seen all I need to see”

Stop worrying about how it will work, and just let it work.

8 years is long enough, particularly with all the ways that adidas has failed to live up to its end.
Man that would be crazy if that happens…. Can’t wait!

Seems to be a lot of smoke which is good… I know their gear they give to the fans is legit and seems like the players get some goodies. Just hope their comparable on payouts to the school

Translation= I had a leader but the Miami visit was dope af so I've gotta really think about things after my next 2 visits are done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back