2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I don’t know anything about this kid, but typically kids use the last OV for their favorite. Having an early visit is rarely a positive.
This did not sound like a favorite situation to me. His family lives in Finland and he explained how some schools weren't able to accomodate his visits to coincide with his family flying in etc.

Just saw his highlights for the first time and I’m not wowed by him at all. He big af, his whole line is but they don’t move well. He plays with bad leverage and gets pushed back. He’s playing a bunch of Po’ lil Timmy’s and ain’t dominating! I see a lot of flags at the next level (pulling players down by shoulder pads). Could he be coached up? Yes, but other than size, I’m not seeing any other physical traits you look for in a star OT. Aggressiveness I guess. But def not seeing athleticism and strength

Just saw his highlights for the first time and I’m not wowed by him at all. He big af, his whole line is but they don’t move well. He plays with bad leverage and gets pushed back. He’s playing a bunch of Po’ lil Timmy’s and ain’t dominating! I see a lot of flags at the next level (pulling players down by shoulder pads). Could he be coached up? Yes, but other than size, I’m not seeing any other physical traits you look for in a star OT. Aggressiveness I guess. But def not seeing athleticism and strength
Unless the kid is Evan Neal or similar I just see OL recruiting as a crapshoot. Pray kids figure it out, gel as a unit and away we go. Huge lines help, I just don’t see college kids having the time to learn the nuances of the old Bronco’s Oline scheme who are smaller and more athletic.

Who knows with this kid.

I haven’t been much of a fan either but not because I’ve watched any of his film or would even know what I’m talking about but because his 247 profile pic looks like Chaz Bono back when she was Chastity with a Tommy Kennedy like body composition. He does look like his reshaped his body on his Twitter visit post.

Advertisement
Recruiting is about protection as well as production. If Mario and Mirabal likes this kid, they have leeway to get him. Theu can project better what he will be when he hits a Feld conditioning and their technique teaching. Does it mean its guaranteed, no. But they are the experts

“To be around the people in the building, it’s a family atmosphere, everyone is so welcoming, they all have the same goals, and they have the same mindset,” Alinen said. “It’s a good group of people to be around with.” The dedication of the coaching staff to the program and players wowed him.

“They are going to make this place the program it used to be,” Alinen said. “It’ll have the facilities, everything that every top program in the country will have. But the people here are unique. It’s going to be an O line heaven, there’s going to be a culture around the trenches. It’s going to be a lot of discipline, a lot of hard work and it’s going to be a great program. It’s just good guys to be around, really genuine people, and I really enjoyed the time with them.”

This kid is big and powerful! His high school in CT is the best in the state by far! Big O lineman next to him also. Needs work! And it would
Benefit the kid to learn from a Mario and our O line coach. The vibe here is Alabama but we will see

Advertisement
This kid is big and powerful! His high school in CT is the best in the state by far! Big O lineman next to him also. Needs work! And it would
Benefit the kid to learn from a Mario and our O line coach. The vibe here is Alabama but we will see

Bama offer is committable? ... p.s., Fins I met love So Florida. It's literally the polar opposite of their culture, and they love it. Not sure how representative my social group is though.

Bama offer is committable? ... p.s., Fins I met love So Florida. It's literally the polar opposite of their culture, and they love it. Not sure how representative my social group is though.
Great question! Not sure what Alabamas Offer is. I just think with the right coaching this kid as at worst a guard with power. Seems like the kinda kid they would take based on the physical that you can’t teach. You can teach this kid proper technique.

“To be around the people in the building, it’s a family atmosphere, everyone is so welcoming, they all have the same goals, and they have the same mindset,” Alinen said. “It’s a good group of people to be around with.” The dedication of the coaching staff to the program and players wowed him.

“They are going to make this place the program it used to be,” Alinen said. “It’ll have the facilities, everything that every top program in the country will have. But the people here are unique. It’s going to be an O line heaven, there’s going to be a culture around the trenches. It’s going to be a lot of discipline, a lot of hard work and it’s going to be a great program. It’s just good guys to be around, really genuine people, and I really enjoyed the time with them.”

Sounds like we have a real shot here this isn’t the traditional fluff recruiting quote.

Advertisement
Seems like this is a kid that if he goes to Alabama may get lost in the shuffle, along with the 10,000 other 5 star o-linemen that go there, and maybe start or co-start by the time he's a SR...or be there a year or two, see the writing on the wall and hit the portal. His best shot would be to come here, get built up, bulked up, have some serious one-on-one coaching by Mirabal and Cristobal and become a complete o-lineman by year 3. My .02

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back