2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical update after his Bama visit. It was his 4th time there but 1st with his family.

The Tide has been atop Alinen’s list publicly in the past. He’s reigning it in a little bit before “hopefully” announcing a decision next month.

“For me I’ve really just gotta take all my visits right now and see where everything stands,” he said. “I don’t really want to put things in order until I’ve taken my visits.”

That’s a pretty decent sign that their visit didn’t really blow him away. Good news for us

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It means nothing. That means they are doing their due dilligence. Also the family may want to see different sides of the country since they took the month as a vacation from Finland. Why not use these free trips?
Not to mention they may have gotten some visit ''benefits" and figured why wouldn't you go see another school and collect some more "benefits"

I am afraid that they will like Columbus. It is a smaller but growing city, a true campus, the weather should be incredible this time of year, and they have mildish winters (especially if you are from Finland). Adding Oregon is like adding an orange to the apple comparing competition. The problem with predicting this is that we don’t know what the kid is looking for. If the international city is what piques his interest, look no further than UM. If it is what team can prove to put him in the league, we are a couple years to early to this race without him having faith and seeing Cristobal’s vision. The amazing thing is that any recruit can count on Mario being here for the entirety of their college careers and that in and of itself sounds great.

Great to see Zo in there. Mannnnn, this is what I am talking about.

Now get me some Air Jordan’s on them feet, right @Rellyrell??!?!
I’d rather go back to Nike, before going with Jordan. Yea I know, I know man… it’s the same stuff. I guess I’m just a traditionalist in some things, and in my opinion dammit…. Jumpman logos belong on basketball ****, not football! Don’t cuss a ny99a out @Rellyrell 🤣😂🤣. Before some of u slack jawed muhfuccas come at me wit, “But but, but, UMich football wears Jordan bran…” Fucc UMich!

Advertisement
I am afraid that they will like Columbus. It is a smaller but growing city, a true campus, the weather should be incredible this time of year, and they have mildish winters (especially if you are from Finland). Adding Oregon is like adding an orange to the apple comparing competition. The problem with predicting this is that we don’t know what the kid is looking for. If the international city is what piques his interest, look no further than UM. If it is what team can prove to put him in the league, we are a couple years to early to this race without him having faith and seeing Cristobal’s vision. The amazing thing is that any recruit can count on Mario being here for the entirety of their college careers and that in and of itself sounds great.
Every time I think of Ohio I think of this

toilet GIF

Advertisement
I’d rather go back to Nike, before going with Jordan. Yea I know, I know man… it’s the same stuff. I guess I’m just a traditionalist in some things, and in my opinion dammit…. Jumpman logos belong on basketball ****, not football! Don’t cuss a ny99a out @Rellyrell 🤣😂🤣. Before some of u slack jawed muhfuccas come at me wit, “But but, but, UMich football wears Jordan bran…” Fucc UMich!

Man, either or for me. I think JB is a good fit for us, but regardless I wouldn’t be made at either.

However, I told a poster this when discussing a possible switch; one thing Mario said recently, that I actually didn’t know, was that Miami is #3 in regards to community service. I do know one of the stipulations in the UCLA JB contract was they were allocated funds to help support their community service efforts. So that’s another incentive. Also, if we can strike a deal w/ a 15% royalty on merch sold, I think JB would be a good partner b/c I believe the Jumpman logo will sell out quickly.

I know some are down on this kid and arent that impressed with him..but good god his top 5 is the elite of the elite in college football. If UGA, Bama, and OSU want you..you gotta be the goods.

The kid probably doesnt know what he wants either. Im sure that visit to Bama made things even more confusing. When he left Miami to go to Tuscaloosa it probably felt as if he had entered another dimension. Its the definition of a small town. But its Bama..so....they dont really have to sell the country town. They can sell their trophy case.

I know some are down on this kid and arent that impressed with him..but good god his top 5 is the elite of the elite in college football. If UGA, Bama, and OSU want you..you gotta be the goods.

The kid probably doesnt know what he wants either. Im sure that visit to Bama made things even more confusing. When he left Miami to go to Tuscaloosa it probably felt as if he had entered another dimension. Its the definition of a small town. But its Bama..so....they dont really have to sell the country town. They can sell their trophy case.
People dont realize you are scouting mostly skill sets, much more than production. Thats why basketball players can play limited football and transistion into pro bowlers or NFL players. His skill set is elite. Maybe some bad habits need to.go but you cant coach certain size and strength, just as u cant coach certain speed and agility.

Man, either or for me. I think JB is a good fit for us, but regardless I wouldn’t be made at either.

However, I told a poster this when discussing a possible switch; one thing Mario said recently, that I actually didn’t know, was that Miami is #3 in regards to community service. I do know one of the stipulations in the UCLA JB contract was they were allocated funds to help support their community service efforts. So that’s another incentive. Also, if we can strike a deal w/ a 15% royalty on merch sold, I think JB would be a good partner b/c I believe the Jumpman logo will sell out quickly.
You are absolutely right. JB Miami merch would sell like meth at a trailer park. If we could cut a deal like that, it would eventually grow on me. I would warm up to the logo on the football unis. Now on the basketball stuff… oh man.. that stuff would probably be legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back