OL Zach Dykstra leaves Miami

Good, thanks for your service now let's get another grad transfer in the offensive line room.

Sure, but him leaving does not give them the ability to bring in additional players this year - there is a fixed number of spots available to bring in transfers regardless of how many more players on the team leave.

Advertisement
Sad.gif

Advertisement
Donaldson is the massive disappointment the rest were all projects/flyers. This is why you have to volume shoot at the offensive line position. You need a 40% to 50% hit rate to be successful.
Herbert was a 4 star recruit per 247.
Hillery was a higher 3 star.

Dykstra was a bit of a flyer offer but the other guys were expected to compete for starting positions.

Herbert was a 4 star recruit per 247.
Hillery was a higher 3 star.

Dykstra was a bit of a flyer offer but the other guys were expected to compete for starting positions.
Herbert had major shoulder/health issues entering college which is never a good sign. Hillery I had high hopes for but for some reason it has never clicked.

Advertisement
I have an idea where he is going.
"Dykstra then placed a black pill bag with an object [the driver] believed to be a gun to his head and stated 'take me to Staten Island or I'll blow your f----- head off,"

Advertisement
Good riddance, He shoud've never been offered, waste of oxygen.

All the O-Linemen in SoFla and Searles brought back the trash from Iowa.

Advertisement
Maybe its a foggy memory but I remember seeing a video with him doing hand stands during recruiting? Some interview? I remember thinking, oh we’re getting a lot more athletic! :(

LOL !!! Yes, it was actually a video of him doing a one-handed handstand on a kettlebell. All of the experts in statics, dynamics, kinetics, and whatever else you call it were theorizing, analyzing, and raving about how his ability to do this would translate into him being a great O lineman.
Unfortunately it didn’t happen for him here.

Yet, some of y’all w/ the O&G glasses jumped down my throat when I said this dude was not Miami caliber, and he’s a poor representation of what a Midwest OL should look like.

He was never Miami caliber, and it was a **** poor evaluation. Dykstra belonged in a G5 conference. I wasn’t bashing the kid (OK, maybe a little b/c homers were getting on my nerves), but I was more less ****ed w Richt & Sizzearles w this offer.

Anyways, hope he lands on his feet to a program that best fit his skill set and abilities, while furthering his education.

Advertisement
Back