OL Nino Francavilla commits to Miami

Glad we got this guy to numb the sting of losing Stewart

In all seriousness, this kid is being heavily projected on. He’s symbolic of our recruiting failures which is not fair to him. It is even more crystallized by Stewart going elsewhere and Franklin trending to Auburn.

Advertisement
The amount of these types of takes is starting to not makes sense , especially this early . Don’t tell me this isn’t the exact type of guy we can/should be slow playing while we go after elite targets…Unless this is going to be a huge class I don’t understand what they’re doing . Hope this isn’t a “smartest guys in the room” thing where they think all these guys are hidden gems and other schools have no clue cuz uhhhhhhh

Advertisement
The amount of these types of takes is starting to not makes sense , especially this early . Don’t tell me this isn’t the exact type of guy we can/should be slow playing while we go after elite targets…Unless this is going to be a huge class I don’t understand what they’re doing . Hope this isn’t a “smartest guys in the room” thing where they think all these guys are hidden gems and other schools have no clue cuz uhhhhhhh
tHAT SEEMS TO BE WHAT HAPPENED. He camped here and got on the board...the offer just came...because the centers above him have all committed elsewhere. If this was an offer in late november i would be more worried. They atleast got to see this guy workout in person.

Our #1 center target got sniped by Saban watching us. The other committed to USC...then we had another possible go to Pitt or Illinois.

Who are the elite centers out there?

Advertisement

In all seriousness, this kid is being heavily projected on. He’s symbolic of our recruiting failures which is not fair to him. It is even more crystallized by Stewart going elsewhere and Franklin trending to Auburn.
Where you see Franklin trending to Auburn?

i think its a curious take to use the spot now but again mario knows OL. he can offer whoever he wants and id be fine wiht it bc he knows what a good OL looks like

Advertisement
i think its a curious take to use the spot now but again mario knows OL. he can offer whoever he wants and id be fine wiht it bc he knows what a good OL looks like
In a vacuum, I agree. But I have a hard time looking passed the totality of this class. It’s bad and multiplies by the fact that Mario’s top skill is recruiting.

Always bet on intelligence.

Kid has good size for center at 6'3.5, 285lb. I don't hate it considering this is a down class and we missed on a couple of targets for the Center spot.

It certainly helps, but the kid we got from Butler had to be pretty smart as well (not Harvard smart) to get into school.

Diamond in the rough, way under the radar, or a reach that doesn't play out. Time will tell, but on paper today, it looks like a massive whiff on other OL recruits.

Like you, I don't hate it and I only say that because it's intriguing to me. He maybe dreamed of an Ivy League school and shut it down a while ago. I don't know the back story, but we're not accustomed to stealing Ivy League kids.

Advertisement
After watching his tape, and seeing his camp video, I'm not as down on this take as some here. One thing I like is that this kid seems to have some "nasty" in him. He looked like a better athlete in his camp performance. Got decent size for a HS Center prospect. OL is one of the positions that it's really hard to forecast what they will turn into 3-4 years down the road. Quite a while back, I asked the question.... "If we were willing to let coaches do their own evaluations and recruit from what they saw?" Most of the guys on this board agreed, then. What happened? Jokes are jokes, and we all laugh, but this is the type of situation I was talking about. 9/10 times, I'm gonna ride with the kids they select, especially for OL. The track record is pretty darn good. They seem to know what they are doing, there.

tHAT SEEMS TO BE WHAT HAPPENED. He camped here and got on the board...the offer just came...because the centers above him have all committed elsewhere. If this was an offer in late november i would be more worried. They atleast got to see this guy workout in person.

Our #1 center target got sniped by Saban watching us. The other committed to USC...then we had another possible go to Pitt or Illinois.
losing an OL to Pitt or Illinois is a joke when you have the best or one of the best OL coaches in the country (im talking about Mario). that being said, Mario proved he will stack this line w talent last year and in the past. I dont have any criticism of the take other than curious so early on when it seems like hes a kid who could be there later on

losing an OL to Pitt or Illinois is a joke when you have the best or one of the best OL coaches in the country (im talking about Mario). that being said, Mario proved he will stack this line w talent last year and in the past. I dont have any criticism of the take other than curious so early on when it seems like hes a kid who could be there later on
I mean the guys were from Germany and Illinois and not instate prospects.
Pitt does a good job with OL prospects and see who ILL coach is please

Advertisement
Back