OL Nino Francavilla commits to Miami

Can't read the whole thread. I am guessing it has been mentioned that our last Harvard commit was Joaquin Gonzalez. How did that work out?

Advertisement
Georgia has taken 3 OLineman ranked outside the top 600 (final ranking) between 2022 and 2023 recruiting class. They currently have an OT (not center, who are usually ranked lower) ranked outside the top 1000....behind Plazz and Minaya.

Alabama has 2 3☆'s committed as we speak.

Yall should really look at the playoff teams and how many of them are taking more than one 3* offensive lineman.
What do the rest of their classes look like? And what does the rest of ours look like?

Lord…. You can tell when you’re so use losing and things not going your way, you’ve already programmed your mind to accept defeat before you’ve even started. I could only imagine what y’all would have said when we recruited “only 2*” Ed Reed.

I can’t WAIT to pass the rag to some of y’all (after I’ve jagged off into it of course) so you can wipe the yolk off your face with some of these recruits in the future.

Until proven otherwise, I trust that evals. Let’s see how development goes. If it’s anything like Mario’s last stop, we’re in great shape. And please stop bringing up Hurbert. Y’all forget, Kirby had a QB and offensive issue before be adapted. Sit back and enjoy the ride. It’s been 20 years in the making fellas.

Georgia has taken 3 OLineman ranked outside the top 600 (final ranking) between 2022 and 2023 recruiting class. They currently have an OT (not center, who are usually ranked lower) ranked outside the top 1000....behind Plazz and Minaya.

Yall should really look at the playoff teams and how many of them are taking more than one 3* offensive lineman.
UGA is taking 6 OL this year, the 1 you mention at 1030 is listed as an OT who will be playing OG. The other 5 are all 4 stars within the top 380, with 3 of the inside the top 162. Out of their 26 commits only 6 are not Blue chips including the punter. Meanwhile we only have 6 blue chips within our 19 commits. We are not the same.

No one with half a brain is *****ing because we take some 3 stars or a couple of reaches (especially on OL) or even about this particular commit but if the way this class is trending doesn’t cause us a little concern then we are just sticking our heads in the ground. Because Regardless of what anyone thinks about the rankings and how great Mario/Zo’s evals are, this historically has not been a formula for success. We’d be killing the Turds and FSPOO if this was their class.

Advertisement
Can't read the whole thread. I am guessing it has been mentioned that our last Harvard commit was Joaquin Gonzalez. How did that work out?
So good that every P5 coach with Championship aspirations has spent the last 20 plus years stealing atleast 1 Harvard commit trying to replicate that outlier who happened to be a PWO on an academic scholarship.

Trust The Process GIF by New Amsterdam

I believe that you are taking about the Catersville kid (name escapes me).

He won’t be ranked that low much longer. He didn’t do a bunch of camps, but the ones he’s participated in he’s been one of the best linemen there. He’s also huge and strong af, but his movement skills are a bit limited (like Minaya). I personally think he’s a riser.

If Miami's 3* OL ends up all ACC, the recruiting sites will start bumping our good looking 3* OL to 4*. This is what happens with UGA, Bama, Clemson...

McCoy, Cooper, Kinsler, Tinilau are the kids that could be seen as "misses" by the rankings. Heck, Cooper already got some starts at Miami with no national ranking as a low 3* kid.

If there is one position we should trust Mario on, it would be OL.

Advertisement
So good that every P5 coach with Championship aspirations has spent the last 20 plus years stealing atleast 1 Harvard commit trying to replicate that outlier who happened to be a PWO on an academic scholarship.
You reckon they still wonder what may have been, re. Joaquin over on CrimsonInsight?

apply it to all harvard OL recruited anywhere in the last 20 years. im not gonna pretend to know if this kid is good or not but mario knows his OL so if he thinks so, so be it. i will say that i do get the gripes of everyone due to the overall state of the class.

Advertisement

Miami added another prospect to their 2024 recruiting class on Monday night with the commitment of offensive lineman Nino Francavilla, a former Harvard commit. Francavilla, a native of Toronto, Ontario, plays at Cheshire Academy in Connecticut.

Francavilla's decision comes five days after the Miami Hurricanes officially extended an offer. Before then, he had attracted attention from other programs like Yale, Penn, and Florida Atlantic University.

Francavilla, an interior offensive lineman, projects as a center at the collegiate level, a position that relies heavily on ability to process information quickly. His Canadian grit combined with the obvious smarts judging by his Ivy League offers is an intriguing combination at the center spot.

One particular thing that stands out in Francavilla's skill set is his shuttle time. He clocked an impressive 4.81 in Miami’s system, showcasing his agility and quickness.

Just here for the meltdown.

What was the recruiting rankings of UGA’s starting OL in the NC game last year?

Also, Bama and UGA can land whomever they want. So if they take a 3*, it’s not because they had to go to Plan B or Plan C.

Do you think that’s currently the case at Miami? All of these guys are actually in the Tier 1 of our Board?

Advertisement
I feel like white OL with long hair are always wild guys you want on your OL. He's the next Kyle Turley, guys.

The linebacks with long hair were the studs. You're confusing the linemen with long beards and look like they haven't gave a f*ck since '92. Linemen with long hair were the ones who could lug the kegs over their shoulders to bring them to the back.

Advertisement
Back