OL Juan Minaya commits to Miami

Advertisement
He’s absolutely enormous but has god awful technique. Luckily our staff specializes in OL so in two years he might be something I do like his edge and nastiness , once he gets his hands on you it’s over. It does look like he’s improved since last year.

Are we recruiting him as a guard or tackle?
ba38cdd7-47b2-41ac-aabc-e22ee474dfdc_text.gif

If you didn’t say any names. I’d have thought you were describing dontae Lucas from a few years back. Big. Heavy footed. But manhandled you when he got a grip. He flamed out at fspoo tho

Advertisement
You can’t teach 6’6 330-340. Put him inside and let him maul people after a couple years in S&C. I love these kind of takes. Blue chip size, bronze technique with blue/gold chip work ethic I’ll take it all day

his **** ol is huge...because he is big as **** and most of those guys are close to his size.

Guard all the way.

He may have to trim some weight when getting here....Nice stash for 2 years and hopefully he becomes an Anez Cooper. Hes not as athletic but this dude is just **** big and will be a people mover.

his **** ol is huge...because he is big as **** and most of those guys are close to his size.

Guard all the way.

He may have to trim some weight when getting here....Nice stash for 2 years and hopefully he becomes an Anez Cooper. Hes not as athletic but this dude is just **** big and will be a people mover.
Really interested to see what they have in mind for him. He's in a completely different mold than the other giants we've recruited. Cooper and Tinsler could really move. This guy is a straight mauler. Looking at Mirabal's "types," Minaya seems to be an outlier. But, knowing Mirabal is obsessed with certain characteristics, maybe they seem him developing better movement skills (perhaps with some gym/nutrition work).

He’s absolutely enormous but has god awful technique. Luckily our staff specializes in OL so in two years he might be something I do like his edge and nastiness , once he gets his hands on you it’s over. It does look like he’s improved since last year.

Is he new to football or transferred from a public school? Typically the North NJ Catholic schools are well coached.

Advertisement

These are the prospects that hold down the fort in 2-3 years between any recruiting gaps.

Advertisement
That looks like a big step forward imo…JR. tape was better one step, and now senior tape is more clear improvement.

I think this may be a good find here. Likely still a guard with an outside shot at RT, but I like what I see here. He's a friggin house

Advertisement
That looks like a big step forward imo…JR. tape was better one step, and now senior tape is more clear improvement.

I think this may be a good find here. Likely still a guard with an outside shot at RT, but I like what I see here. He's a friggin house
This does not match thumbs down 😒.

Still raw as ****. He’s improved quite a bit since Jr year but he needs a lot of work with pass blocking. Still looks stiff / robotic and slow. Run blocking will never be an issue , he’s just so mammoth and strong he can just overwhelm people.

Advertisement
Back