OL Juan Minaya commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Under pervious coaches
I see you
download.jpeg

Advertisement
Big kid and clearly a project which Mirabel and Cristobal can afford to take their time with.

Do they envision this kid staying at tackle, or is the plan to bump him to guard (he moves more like a guard than a tackle)?
With a basketball background I would expect tackle. However, since they cross-train everyone, I think they'll place him where he develops best.

Advertisement
I’ve never really been a star guy but I gotta tell ya I also have a hard time with believing that suddenly Mario and these recruiters are the only ones identifying these future studs as if they have some unique superpower that no other programs have. One or two flyers I get - happy to be proven wrong, but right now, this class is very suspect.
I can see it if there's a reason they're under the radar. If they're at a small or less well-known high school, if they're not doing 7-on-7's, or they just started playing football, then there's a reason they haven't shown up on the radar of the recruiting sites. If they remain 3-stars after they've committed, and they now have the attention of the sites, then that's a bad sign.

Advertisement
I’ll bet every one of those kids going to USC would have given us serious consideration if we had pursued them. Two closest programs culturally. And Miami is a lot closer and where half their extended family lives or vacations.
Well I know Dwayne Jarrett personally, he was a highly rated recruit coming out of NJ in 2003. You probably know who he is, but he said he loved Miami but they didn’t really recruit him so you may be right.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back