Oklahoma WR Charleston Rambo Enters the Portal

Advertisement
Yoy are advocating getting WRs who havent played at the highest level or havent done much in power five teams. We have bigger needs and our numbers are tight, look in the mirror when you talk about dumb.
And stop complaining about my vocabulary, you started the stupid exchange now dont cry like a ******.
Just wanted to chime in to say that this mini-feud between you and @WeBallinBoyz is quite mild by CIS standards.
Age requirements, ******, dumb, stupid, slurper, **** you and Blow me - that’s like a suck-n-fûck, right???

Anyhow, it was rather refreshing to read the mildness in the exchange. It reminds me of Leave it to Beaver & Andy Griffith compared to Sons of Anarchy. Thanks for setting a better example to the other feudal lords here. We’re all better for the example you two set.

We dont need any portal WRs, develop and give playing time to the young studs we already have
Dawg..this narrative makes absolutely no sense. Do u say this about your pro team if they draft a guy for a position group and have them for a year or 2 in the program and that position group isn’t any better..do have a problem if your team drafts or dips into FA to upgrade that spot? No. The best thing for that WR is competition. You bring in a vet who is hungry and made of the right stuff. If the youngins are ready they will out play him

He's proven he's a Very good WR. In 2019 he was very good, 43 Recs for 750 Yards 5TDs and that was as a true Sophomore. All of those oklahoma WRs are always good and as just a Sophomore he was their WR2 only behind CeeDee Lamb and had 400 more yards then the 3rd leading WR. Now he's a Senior and looking to go all out and make a run at the NFL, he would kill it in this Offense.
As soph he benefited from playing number 2 to Ceedee. Seems as he was expected to become the number 1 this year he was passed up by youngins. That OU WR struggled early in the year to separate and make plays. Grass isn’t always greener in the other side. And talent isn’t always better on the Opps. This kid would not be my Number option in the portal. Toure should 1a and 1b

"As a sophomore, Rambo was the Sooners' second-leading receiver and had more than 100 yards receiving in three of their first four games. He finished the season with 43 catches for 743 yards and five TDs. As a freshman, he had a 49-yard touchdown catch against Alabama in the College Football Playoff semifinals." What more do you want? Kid has already produced against Bama on the biggest stage. Imagine him, Harley, and Keyshawn Smith with Mallory and hopefully Brevin against Bama. We would at least put up some points. Go get him Rhett!
So how do u explain the production this szn? We need a proven number 1 imo. Idk if this kid is that. Does damage In the slot and in space. But again is he a number 1 even at Miami? I don’t think so. Would definitely add competition tho

Advertisement
All this arguing is a moot point if he has no intentions of coming here. UNC is losing a lot of talent at WR also and they're going to very attractive to a lot of the same WR we're looking at. I know we look good for players to come in on Defense to boost their stock for the NFL but could we same the same when it comes to WRs?

OU entire offense took a step back this season, not just Rambo.

Major drop off losing Hurts and stepping down to guy that thinks he's Hurts but isn't.

Lamb and Rambo pretty much were the passing game with Hurts at QB and Rattler spread the ball around not really focusing on any one particular WR.

Rambo makes all the catches and does everything our WR don't.

OU entire offense took a step back this season, not just Rambo.

Major drop off losing Hurts and stepping down to guy that thinks he's Hurts but isn't.

Lamb and Rambo pretty much were the passing game with Hurts at QB and Rattler spread the ball around not really focusing on any one particular WR.

Rambo makes all the catches and does everything our WR don't.
First, let me say on record that I can't stand Rattler and his arrogance, but I am thrown off by your Hurts comment. As a redshirt freshman, Rattler completed 67% of his passes, threw for 3000 yds, 28 tds and 7 int. And that was with Lamb in the NFL. Hurts was a senior on an Oklahoma team with better receivers. Not a fair comparison.

Advertisement
As soph he benefited from playing number 2 to Ceedee. Seems as he was expected to become the number 1 this year he was passed up by youngins. That OU WR struggled early in the year to separate and make plays. Grass isn’t always greener in the other side. And talent isn’t always better on the Opps. This kid would not be my Number option in the portal. Toure should 1a and 1b
We dont even have a proven #2, this kid is better than pope and wiggins.. Our wr room would benefit from this addition

We dont even have a proven #2, this kid is better than pope and wiggins.. Our wr room would benefit from this addition
We don’t have a proven number one. This kid did most his damage in the slot. Would I take him, sure. But not over other buddy

We don’t have a proven number one. This kid did most his damage in the slot. Would I take him, sure. But not over other buddy
We need proven players, Portal is very delicate, you not gonna find a true #1 unless some type of circumstance.. Look at our past transfers, Phillips was #1 player but had retired due to injury and then fell in our lap, in normal circumstance, he never transfers. Roche was undersized player that developed at other school and wanted a bigger platform to prove himself.

All these kids have a story in portal, but chances to find #1 wr like Jamar chase or something that is willing to come to miami is gonna be lowwww.. They gonna have some type of warts, or unique situation like Bolden that can fall in our lap.. This kid has more production than what we have seen. We trotted out Wiggins and Pope for bowl game and right now will also for Bama with no known expereinced players coming back. He can help us, right now we are beggars, The #2 WR from freaking Buffalo came to Miami and housed a starting spot DAY ONE! I think a kid who produced at Miami can help

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back